Flag Building tips

Guest thazlewood

As i like to mess about with............... well just making things when i get an idea.lol

I used 2 12v alarm strobe lights at the top of my pole.

Like this:

######6g2fsd

I have the 12v alarm battery in my tent to switch it on and off when i need to.

Last year i went ott and fitted it all in a carry box with a remote. The remote looks like a car alarm remote.

Had a car 12v plug in the side of the box so i could charger my phone with a phone car charger.

Had 2 lights like this in the tent in white that i could switch on with one of the buttons on the remote as well.

######6qh4sv

Don't know what i am going to do this year.lol

I was looking at fitting a solar panel at the top of the pole to charge the battery in the tent.

Maybe some of these down the pole

######3uebmw

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am trying to decide wether i should wash my flag on not. It was painted with fabric paint and it has survived four mud and rain fests so it should stay on. Its pretty filthy now and really needs a wash its just that i have long since lost touch with the person who painted it for me so it is pretty much ireplaceable.

Anyone had success or disaster with flag washing attempts?

I am trying to decide wether i should wash my flag on not. It was painted with fabric paint and it has survived four mud and rain fests so it should stay on. Its pretty filthy now and really needs a wash its just that i have long since lost touch with the person who painted it for me so it is pretty much ireplaceable.

Edited by Paul ™

I was wandering through town today on my break and randomly found a stall selling flags, pole, bungees, windsocks n the like... (never seen it before and I walk through that part of town everyday!) Was well impressed. Cos i've never done the flag thing t'was helpful to see the size of poles in real life to get more of a scale of them. Plus got chatting to the really helpful woman who is also going to Glasto, and she was really helpful about how the whole spike thing and bungee thing worked. Sooo.... I bought a plain white flag, 6 metre pole, 2 spikes, bungees... and tempted to go back for a small windsock. Just need to work on my design now!

Never been so excited about poles!

Edited by superdry

If you are going to wash your flag I suggest warm soapy water in a bowl.....not the washing machine. If you use a detergent for delicate washables you could probably get away with cold water, thus reducing the chance of paint/marker from bleeding out of the material.

That said......what an inspirational thread B) I feel the need to start designing a flag!

• 1 year later...