Where is your favourite place for hanging out?

Guest Chocscoffer

What a random thread to jump to the top after nearly two years of inactivity!

Still, for what it's worth, last year my favourite spots were:

- Lounging on the grass at Jazzworld, within easy reach of the Brothers bar

- Lounging on the grass up near the acoustic stage on the last night, watching the world go by and within easy reach of the real ale bar.

- The Park - like a previous poster said, I love the setting of it, especially the stage and the Bimble Inn.

Anyone else?

Cheers,

John.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After hours, I quite like the Small World Solar Stage in Green Futures. One of many after-hours tea and hot chocolate tents which keep me going until dawn.

2642178287_41c6572c7e.jpg

During the day, I often find myself on the big stretch of grass on the hill in the acoustic field, but anywhere is good really.

These are especially good in wet years because they remain reasonably un-muddy.

Edited by TomfromStroud

If its Hot its gotta be the theatre field for me, a great place to while away an afternoon!!!

Evenings??? Depends on the mood i'm in or what state i'm in ?? The glade has been kind to me of an evening as has the Stone Circle!!! Lost vaugness was always a pleaure, missed out last year, but looking forward to trash city!

Also the Cafe in the Avalon field was alwys good for late night/early morning banter and Music........

Rolf on a hot sunday afternoon at the Pyriamid Stage...............

Rambling around the shops.............

Basically i think Glastonbury is my favourite place for hanging out!!!! Its all Great!!!!! Wooooooo Can't Wait!!!!!!

:rolleyes::):(

i loved the park with the bimble inn especially being cool but there were about 20 odd different tents dotted around the field with a jam tent (only on friday though i reckon someone stole the instruments) an undersea disco and random silent movies not to mention the bbc stage but bimble inn made it real ale somewhere to sit and some cool bands on even found a acquatence from last years benecassim asleep in the cornor magical

also drunkenly wandered in to bits of croissant neuf late on sunday night where i think there was 3 hippies playing the time warp with a number of people dancing in a small tea room tent if its like that alll the time i may make a few more visits.

If its Hot its gotta be the theatre field for me, a great place to while away an afternoon!!!

Evenings??? Depends on the mood i'm in or what state i'm in ?? The glade has been kind to me of an evening as has the Stone Circle!!! Lost vaugness was always a pleaure, missed out last year, but looking forward to trash city!

Also the Cafe in the Avalon field was alwys good for late night/early morning banter and Music........

Rolf on a hot sunday afternoon at the Pyriamid Stage...............

Rambling around the shops.............

Basically i think Glastonbury is my favourite place for hanging out!!!! Its all Great!!!!! Wooooooo Can't Wait!!!!!!

:):(:rolleyes:

Try the real ale tent, up towards the acoustic stage / family camping area place. At least, that's where I fuzzily remember it being last year. Just sort of headed for Leftfield (which won't be there this year, sadly!) and kept going.

An excellent selection of real ales for when you want a break from the cider. The Bimble Inn had a couple on tap too, as I recall.

Blooming hell Chocscoffer I was going to say But I had your number for meeting up at the gay disco last year!! I thought I was going MAD

Then saw it was from last year! :rolleyes:

Well the Glade was very cool last year, If you popped around there on the Sunday and saw a fat bloke sweating buckets and dancing to Trance and Hard house witha rucksack on his back for an hour, it was me.

The Jazz stage on the grass (near all that Brothers) also has its appeal, however

With Friends.... Which can be anywhere really! wins it every time. :rolleyes:

Blooming hell Chocscoffer I was going to say But I had your number for meeting up at the gay disco last year!! I thought I was going MAD

Then saw it was from last year! :D

Well the Glade was very cool last year, If you popped around there on the Sunday and saw a fat bloke sweating buckets and dancing to Trance and Hard house witha rucksack on his back for an hour, it was me.

The Jazz stage on the grass (near all that Brothers) also has its appeal, however

With Friends.... Which can be anywhere really! wins it every time. :(

So many to choose from but one that I look forward to sharing with friends this year is Wednesday afternoon at the Jazzworld stage drinking Brothers and watching all the lovely smiling faces of the old timers and the awe on the virgins. Makes me happy just thinking about it.