Where is your favourite place for hanging out?

Guest Chocscoffer

I am hoping to go to glasto for the 1st time this year (at the grand old age of 32!) and I have been looking at the different places at the festival. I fancy going to the healing fields for some serious meditation, relaxation etc.

Obviously I will be going to the music stages but I don't intend to spend the entire festival at the music stages.

I just wondered where everybody sees as a "must visit" place that doesn't include the main stages.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love going to comedy tent, the cafe in the acoustic field can't remeber it's name they are a cult of some kind from america I think - lovely people don't force their religion on you all men have breads and ponytails and they make the most amazing carrott cake and pancakes always visit them never join and they are cool with that. The cafe is a massive wooden two sotrey structure which in itself is pretty bloody impressive for glasto.

OH's favourite place to eat is the afro caribean stall brilliant food - he is to be found wandering the site late on getting people to swap shoes with each other and blagging his way back stage at comedy and jazz world for no good reason. He is usually so embassessing by then that I have buggered off to the Silent disco, another fav or guilety pleasures so I don't have to witness his mayhem :O

have a brillaint time whatever you do, glasto is the best place on earth certainly gets my vote as the 9th wonder of the world x

all men have breads

Hey yer never too old for your first Glasto. I was 35.

Jazz World lying on the grass, before it all went muddy, with bottles of Brothers was a fave. The Glade's a little haven too. They rest was cool but lost track of what bit I was in where. Just drifted and took it all in.

Edited by Flaggy

Hey yer never too old for your first Glasto. I was 35.

Jazz World lying on the grass, before it all went muddy, with bottles of Brothers was a fave. The Glade's a little haven too. They rest was cool but lost track of what bit I was in where. Just drifted and took it all in.

it all depends what sort of music you're into, the glade is load dancy but has great places to chill out all around it. theres the myriad of chai tea tents all around, theres a nice open mike tent in the greenfeilds with sofas and shite thats great to sit around in the afternoon. loads of stuff

Lthe cafe in the acoustic field can't remeber it's name they are a cult of some kind from america I think - lovely people don't force their religion on you all men have breads and ponytails and they make the most amazing carrott cake and pancakes always visit them never join and they are cool with that. The cafe is a massive wooden two sotrey structure which in itself is pretty bloody impressive for glasto.

Sunday afternoon chilling out up at the stone circle looking down on it all...

I don't think there's any one place where I choose to hang out, rather just explore and find somewhere that looks good at the time.

There are so many small stages and cafe's especially around lost vaugeness way that you can just sit down and relax in for a while.

When the sun's shining I quite enjoy relaxing outsdie the new bands stage and the jazz stage. The new bands quite often has quite a few decent new bands and as the sets are a bit shorter you get quite bit of variation and don't have to listen to something your not liking for as long.

The Cinema is a great evening spot but of course nothing beats the stone circle for night time entertainment.

The stone circle is also great in the day, not as chaoticly busy and you can see everyone down the hill busily wondering around like ants.

The long drops B)

Depends on the time of day:

Avalon Organic wine tent for those afternoon booze moments when you just want to have a sit down and chill.

The Tiny Tea Tent for that late night brandy hot chocolate while you gather your thoughts and mates before a bumble up to the stone circle for sun rise

• 1 year later...

Personally I like the acoustic field on a sunny afternoon. Just chilling out with a pint of real ale, a newspaper and what my dear old mum calls 'wacky woodbines.' Another advantae of that field is the slope which makes it comfy for a lye down! Tend to spend a few lazy hours their, usually on sunday - building myself up for that last night of madness. Blissfull.