Tent Robbers

Medina

We spent the weekend at Square Fest in Wales. The head of stewards told us that a led team of tent robbers were systematically robbing tents. They had two-way radios and the head scumbag was listening to security on one channel then accordingly instructing his team which areas to rob on another channel depending on how security were responding. Apparently they were running security ragged.

Luckily we didnt get hit. People need to realise that a festival is just a microcosm of society, there'll always be scum who see others as soft targets.

Would have thought Security would have had better radios with scramblers or something on them.

Or does that just happen in the movies...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mate was woken up at Glasto with someone shining a torch in his tent - when he said what the f*** do you think your doing they ran off, with a packet of peanuts......

Same night mates had stuff robbed from behind their heads whilst they slept - thieves are getting bloody bold!

Just a shame, it can really ruin a festival. Only thing I ever had nicked was a penknife(luckily)!

I'm not sure that's a good idea.

If I were a thieving scumbag, I'd take the padlock as meaning there's something worth having inside the tent. A quick slash with a knife and I'm in - and then you've also lost your tent.

How would they see it on the inside thou Niel? Most thieving happens at night when the people are asleep. No use pinching sweaty socks throu the day, when the people are in is where the money's at. Never padlocked the inside myself but that and a bell or somesuch on the inside zip is a decent deterant. Most scum will move to easier pickings.

The only thing of value I have at a festival is my wallet and phone. sleep with them in the sleeping bag at night and it makes things very awkward for any thief.

If I'd never been to a festival I'm not sure I'd want to after reading this thread. Yes there are some robberies but when you are in a field with as many people who live in a small town there are going to be some things stolen but that's not the experience that most people enjoy.

My advice is don't take anything you can't afford to lose and stay awake partying the whole festival. :lol:

If I'd never been to a festival I'm not sure I'd want to after reading this thread. Yes there are some robberies but when you are in a field with as many people who live in a small town there are going to be some things stolen but that's not the experience that most people enjoy.

My advice is don't take anything you can't afford to lose and stay awake partying the whole festival. :lol:

I know you :P