DREADS IN MANCHESTER

Guest angel_of_twisted_dreams

My fella has been growing his hair out for a couple of years waiting to get dreads.

We have the wax, combs, decent shampoo... but as it turns out... he's shit at doing em in his own hair and i'm even worse. I made a nest in there for f**ks' sake!

Does anyone know any where i can take him to get them done decently? His mates are shit at it and just pull his hair out.

Please help us if u can.

Ta.

_Twisted_

Your best off asking someone with dreads to spread the dread love, chances are they will be delighted to help...I know Iwould be.

Dreads are VERY easy to do if you follow some simple instructions but they are time consuming to put in at first and so a hairdresser will likely charge you in excess off £100-00 for a full head.

Mine were done over two days ...then waxed for the first 4 washes and fek all s beendone since really, just the occassional tidy up..

Apri06.jpg

june06005.jpg

PM me if you want some helpfull Aunty hints and tips and well make it easy for you and your boi to have a beautiful knotty dread head in a weekend

Your best off asking someone with dreads to spread the dread love, chances are they will be delighted to help...I know Iwould be.

Dreads are VERY easy to do if you follow some simple instructions but they are time consuming to put in at first and so a hairdresser will likely charge you in excess off £100-00 for a full head.

Mine were done over two days ...then waxed for the first 4 washes and fek all s beendone since really, just the occassional tidy up..

Apri06.jpg

june06005.jpg

PM me if you want some helpfull Aunty hints and tips and well make it easy for you and your boi to have a beautiful knotty dread head in a weekend

I want to get dreads but its trying to find either someone willing to do it, or getting past that shitty stage where your hair looks too long to be called shrort hair but too short to be called long.

I might head down to lots of different hairdressers and see what they say, beats trying to find a willing friend as that seems to be impossible.

Angel - have you checked in afflecks? There used to be a hairdresser in there who did dreads, I think they're still there but I'm not certain. Second or third floor maybe but just ask someone in there. I can't even remember what they were called - sorry!

:blink:

i got mine done in manchester theres 2 places that do them. where the home design store is near afflecks theres a afro salon next door expensive but does a really good job or there is the one on the other side of afflecks where the wig/hat shop is on that side of the road she only works there 2 days a week but she used to do them in afflecks she does them good but for f**k sake dont let her put liquid latex in them she told me it was the best thing for them, she lied, and that stuff made my hair rot in the middle so ask her to use some good old bees wax.

the woman who sripyhats on about is the one who works 2 days a week

Edited by metalman

• 1 year later...
My fella has been growing his hair out for a couple of years waiting to get dreads.

We have the wax, combs, decent shampoo... but as it turns out... he's shit at doing em in his own hair and i'm even worse. I made a nest in there for f**ks' sake!

Does anyone know any where i can take him to get them done decently? His mates are shit at it and just pull his hair out.

Please help us if u can.

Ta.

_Twisted_

I want to get dreads but its trying to find either someone willing to do it, or getting past that shitty stage where your hair looks too long to be called shrort hair but too short to be called long.

I might head down to lots of different hairdressers and see what they say, beats trying to find a willing friend as that seems to be impossible.

Hi there, i am a professional dreadlocker, ive been knotting people up for two years now and would be happy to help. I am based in manchester and my prices are the cheapest. i have dreadloocks myself and wouldnt have it any other way! here is my website www.myspace.com/thedreadlocker and here is my email hellojaden@hotmail.co.uk

please feel free to reply and ask questions.

good evening angel, i had dreds done in Manchester by a woman across the road from afflecks and they where shit she put liquid latex on them and they started rotting in the middle so if anyone tells you to use her don’t. my GF had synthetic dreds put in last year by this woman wool hair habits she's done some work for Danny filth. my girl friends looked awesome and the photos she’s got of the proper dreds she’s done looked amazing. She charges a little more than most places but it’s worth the extra, she works on the principle that if you have to use anything like bee's wax after shes finished then she aint done them properly. Check her out by for the best in Manchester.

Edited by metalman

• 1 year later...
  • 14 years later...