SNIFFER DOGS!

Guest hjohny2k5

I beg to differ

I was considering talking a half in, but the shit that I get is really smelly when fresh so I'm not sure if its a good idea, as anything above a quart can be considered not for personal use.

So advice please: are sniffer dogs only there for people entering the campsite for the first time? Because I'm thinking of setting up my tent etc, then returning to Nottingham to pick up and walking straight in with my green. Or is it better to bury it in my bag?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never seen sniffer dogs at Download. If they're there, they're not there the whole time. If you're that worrie and you've come by car, leave your stuff in the car and go back for it during the night when there are less people about you should be fine.

in 2008 there were dogs everywhere. even outside derby train station as you got onto the shuttle bus.

but last year there were f**k all. they didnt even search us as we went in to the grounds.

you could take some weed but is it worth getting thrown out before you even get in? you'll miss a gd f**kin weekend n wont get your money back.

Edited by crosswillcastyourshadow

Yeah, from what I've heard, don't carry anything on you if you're getting a train to a festival as police have been known to make everyone walk past sniffer dogs sometimes.

And don't smoke any before you go in, as I've known people who've been denied entry to places after being caught by sniffer dogs having smoked a joint hours earlier and having nothing on them.

btw, is it really a good idea for this thread to be alive? :P

Edited by armthehomeless

Yeah, from what I've heard, don't carry anything on you if you're getting a train to a festival as police have been known to make everyone walk past sniffer dogs sometimes.

And don't smoke any before you go in, as I've known people who've been denied entry to places after being caught by sniffer dogs having smoked a joint hours earlier and having nothing on them.

btw, is it really a good idea for this thread to be alive? :P

soni stewards were jumped up little f**kers last year. my mate had enough green for about 6 joints, the steward held my mate, who was on his way to see someone he wanted to see, and when his supervisor turned up and said my mate was OK, it wasnt a large amount, the steward whispered "prick" into my mates face. he doesnt know how close he was to getting a leathering if my mate had seen him on the way out.

soni stewards were jumped up little f**kers last year

soni stewards were jumped up little f**kers last year. my mate had enough green for about 6 joints, the steward held my mate, who was on his way to see someone he wanted to see, and when his supervisor turned up and said my mate was OK, it wasnt a large amount, the steward whispered "prick" into my mates face. he doesnt know how close he was to getting a leathering if my mate had seen him on the way out.

... I wouldnt of minded yet I had paid like £150 for a ticket without camping and yet there were thousands of people in the camping areas who had just won free tickets the day before who were allowed to walk in there when they pleased!

• 2 months later...

I'll be taking a couple of grams of class B amphetamines for personal use and about two grams of ketamine. The amphetamine has a really strong odor but I have a great hiding place. So will I be okay? If the police search me and find nothing, do they just assume the dog was wrong?

It depends - I've known people who've had a joint before going to a club but had nothing on them and police with sniffer dogs outside refused to let them in.

But the sniffer dogs won't just alert the police that you have drugs on you in a general manner (like they would if you'd just had some) - they'll locate exactly where they are and the police will take your shit apart to find them - after all they won't know that you've just got enough on you for personal use or not. As far as they're concerned you might be selling, so they won't stop until they find what you have.

So don't go in if there are sniffer dogs smelling peoples bags! :P

Edited by armthehomeless

Try one of these i've been told it never fails at a festival, also if possible vacuum pack anything you want to take a few days before you go and leave the bag out to air out before travelling it makes it a lot less detectable. small vacuum packs can be bought from wilkinson's of pound shop or somewhere similar.

Spaghetti tin safe

Spaghetti tin safe £5.50

Everyone on the official boards are saying that they said this last year and didn't have any dogs and that it's just a scare tactic. Meh i'm still bringing a 10 bag. I know where i'm gonna hide it. Should be fine. Doubt they'll be looking for weed anyway, more likely Cocaine, Heroine, Shrooms and other hard drugs. If they had to stop everyone a dog smelt with weed the que would still be there come friday night.

Don't think there's much to worry about really.