SNIFFER DOGS!

Guest hjohny2k5

Taken from the FAQ on the OFFICIAL DOWNLOAD SITE!

Will everyone get searched - if so what are you allowed to take in?

Most people will have a quick search made by security. Use your loaf, be sensible - do not

bring in glass or weapons! - and that way we should avoid any unnecessary queuing!

Please also note that there will be police sniffer dogs onsite to help us identify people who are trying to bring drugs into the festival. So be warned.

Anyone else a bit worried now?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most people will have a quick search made by security. Use your loaf, be sensible - do not

bring in glass or weapons! - and that way we should avoid any unnecessary queuing!

Please also note that there will be police sniffer dogs onsite to help us identify people who are trying to bring drugs into the festival. So be warned.

Everyone on the official boards are saying that they said this last year and didn't have any dogs and that it's just a scare tactic. Meh i'm still bringing a 10 bag. I know where i'm gonna hide it. Should be fine. Doubt they'll be looking for weed anyway, more likely Cocaine, Heroine, Shrooms and other hard drugs. If they had to stop everyone a dog smelt with weed the que would still be there come friday night.

Don't think there's much to worry about really.

Everyone on the official boards are saying that they said this last year and didn't have any dogs and that it's just a scare tactic. Meh i'm still bringing a 10 bag. I know where i'm gonna hide it. Should be fine. Doubt they'll be looking for weed anyway, more likely Cocaine, Heroine, Shrooms and other hard drugs. If they had to stop everyone a dog smelt with weed the que would still be there come friday night.

Don't think there's much to worry about really.

In 2004 I was in the queue for about 4 hours because they search EVERYONE individually, best way around is to turn up at an obscure time when less people will be arriving. I'm trying to convince my mates that we should leave home around 2am, that way there's no traffic and we should arrive at the site around 6am(coming in from surrey) on thursday morning. I doubt they'll be up for it though :blink:

Think the bottom line is that there will be a small amount of dogs in contrast to a lot of people going into the campsite. So the chances of a dog latching on to anything on you is very small indeed, you've probably got a 1/20 chance of being caught, if that. And even then, if they open your bag and search, as long as it's hidden well enough i doubt it'd be a problem.

Even if they found a bit of weed on you, doubt they'll do anything more than take it off you.

Think the bottom line is that there will be a small amount of dogs in contrast to a lot of people going into the campsite. So the chances of a dog latching on to anything on you is very small indeed, you've probably got a 1/20 chance of being caught, if that. And even then, if they open your bag and search, as long as it's hidden well enough i doubt it'd be a problem.

Even if they found a bit of weed on you, doubt they'll do anything more than take it off you.

I would have thought that any sniffer dogs would be there to look for the hard drugs that could endanger someone slife (e.g herois or what not), rather than just weed. I mean c'mon, every person would get busted if it were for weed....

Ive always wondered, what happens to a sniffer dog when someone shares a flat with a bunch of stoners or someone travelling after having been with their mates at a party etc. coz all their gear must stink of weed *shrugs*

ive been told there is gonna be sniffer dogs there because of that stupid 14 year old twat that ended up in hospital for 3 days the other week through taking drugs at a rave down south so there now saying there gonna try and come down hard at all music festivals this year

"Misunderstood Jammie Dodger" thats a way better name than evil jammie dodger... i should change it...

Oh i'm definatly not implying that your running the weed 'racket' this year... by freaking out all the paranoid pot heads and then making a killing by selling it on the inside ;)

i'm on to you... this is one paranoid pot head you wont be getting the better of

/Paranoid Jamie Dodger