PEARL JAM

Guest Olivavu

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Such sympathy. ;)

I'm not giving up on the Leeds DVD though. I shall endeavour.

And yes I should have gone to Reading, that way I would have had at least one band to have looked forward to on the Sunday.

Anyway lady, Paris in 4 days........................Oh yeah! :blink:

Sorry, it is shite that you can't get coverage from Leeds, you'd have thought someone was videoing it!

But Paris, hell yeah not long now!! One of our standing tickets arrived yesterday, the other should arrive today, just got to try and flog the seated tickets to a french tout now, I just need to try and learn french for I would like to sell these tickets! :blink:

NME's review wasn't that bad. I thought they were trying to hate it but begrudgingly said it was good. The only real criticism was the guitar solos were too long. In a few instances I think they had a point, the RVM jam was a bit long for a casual onlooker. Coming from the NME that's awesomely good.

the NME review of the whole weekend was pretty shabby IMO. although there was a cool arial picture. saw pj in bits whilst nipping in and out of radio soulwax and the bit at the end. I was pretty smashed by then but they seemed good. I've got to now track down a song they played around half way through as I thought it rocked. completely forgotten everything about it though except I think that the title was probably one word as they kept singing it. :blink:

the NME review of the whole weekend was pretty shabby IMO. although there was a cool arial picture. saw pj in bits whilst nipping in and out of radio soulwax and the bit at the end. I was pretty smashed by then but they seemed good. I've got to now track down a song they played around half way through as I thought it rocked. completely forgotten everything about it though except I think that the title was probably one word as they kept singing it. :blink:

Once?

Hey mudfight, I'm pretty sure it's Sad too.

Of course I should have no idea, other than the fact that 'Sad' is f*ckin awesome.

Just a testament to how great this band is, it didn't even make the cut for Binaural. Like countless other PJ songs it could have brought them mainstream success if released as a single. The studio recording is immense! I don't know anyone who doesn't like it.

But yeah, the Reading performance was cool > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84ZrN8a3RVw

had an amazing time in marseille on saturday night!! cannot wait for the boot, and everyone at the gig and in marseille were brilliant.

Main Set: Long Road, Why Go, Do The Evolution, Severed Hand, Corduroy, Whipping, Red Mosquito, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Given To Fly, Down, Even Flow, Wishlist, World Wide Suicide, Glorified G, Satan's Bed, Porch

Encore 1: Fatal, Off He Goes, Black, I Believe In Miracles, Alive

Encore 2: Last Exit, Leash, Better Man, Dirty Frank, Comatose, f**kin' Up