Books

Guest chappiepunk

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow! I've seen your dad play a fair few times over the years!

I know..... I was thinking that..... glad I didn't slag them off....... :blink:

Oh arse I've done it again......why can't I get my quote thingy's right....I'm sure I usually do...... ;)

Edited by Kizzie

Yea that would be excellent! he hasn't played with Gong for a few years though so might be tricky but he did play Glasto Fayre with 'em so how about a reunion?

Back on books, any fans of Million little pieces might also like 'Dangerous Parking' by Staurt Browne which my head is burried in at present!

*ahem* Oy you!!!

*mutters about not bothering to type anything ever again cos no-one bloody takes any notice* :blink:

Although I'm ashamed to say I stopped reading again for a while. Picked it up again last week and am completely engrossed again (urgh, got to the toenail bit last night, not what I wanted to read before going to sleep!)

Ooh, nice one, might have to get that ;)

im reading a million little peices too...its a amazing book and just so moving. i have come to so close to crying at some bits. he tells his story in such a blunt way that it helps you understand what shit has happened in his life because of drinking and drugs.

everyone has to read it.

I don't post much in this thread, but I love my books, I do :blink:

Although I note that many people on here read fiction, but I am more of a non-fiction addict really. Currently reading a fascinating anthropological look at us - Watching The English, by Kate Fox. It goes into why we talk as we do and why we behave as we do (including things like what we do when someone tries to queue jump ;) )

And as it's about us English, it is of course, obsessed with the C word......CLASS :P

Yea I read million little pieces last year, absolutely amazing book, read the whole thing in 3 days I was so absorbed in it. He has a new book out following the story of Leonard(?) which has excellent reviews but my bank says no. ;)

I don't post much in this thread, but I love my books, I do :blink:

Although I note that many people on here read fiction, but I am more of a non-fiction addict really. Currently reading a fascinating anthropological look at us - Watching The English, by Kate Fox. It goes into why we talk as we do and why we behave as we do (including things like what we do when someone tries to queue jump ;) )

And as it's about us English, it is of course, obsessed with the C word......CLASS :P

• 3 months later...

had to bring books back to the top im afraid...

yesterday i broguht and read (in maybe 3 hours...i got hooked) Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S Thompson....i believe alot of people on here have read it...

what a f**king good book...seriously...i went out and brought some of his other stuff today...

yesterday i broguht and read (in maybe 3 hours...i got hooked) Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S Thompson....i believe alot of people on here have read it...

what a f**king good book...seriously...i went out and brought some of his other stuff today...

Edited by spammachine

I'm reading Salaam Brick Lane by Tarquin Hall which is an interesting book about living in the East End. Its funny and well written, there are some lovely description and it pulled me in right away.

I read the Da Vinci code recently, I ignore religion at all costs really so dont know much about anything, but the story was interesting. It was teribly written though, Dan Brown wouldnt recognise a simile if it battered him over the head with a giant oxo cube. I actualy underlined one it was so bad, i cant remember it word for word but it was something like "weary travelers waiting at baggage claim for a mysterious package whose contents were unkown" How many weary travelers wait for a mysterious package? and Surely if its mysterious its obvious the content is unknown?

Andy Kauffman biography, Lost in the Funhouse is great and the Johnny Cash autobiography is brilliant, though a little self indulgent.

I'm going through a couple of books a day at the moment as its the summer and I have naff all else to do!

Reading "Wolves of the Calla" by Stephen King at the moment. Part of his "Dark Tower" series which he's been releasing for 20 odd years.

Last book read was "Yes Man" by Danny Wallace

Favourite Author?I have many

Favourite Book would be Around Ireland with a Fridge" by Tony Hawkes

Currently reading "Dracula" - a bit boring in places but I'm determined to finish it.

Last book read was "Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption" by Stephen King - equally brilliant as the film, perhaps one of the few books in which a move replicates a book to the letter. Highly reccommend it.

Last book read was "Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption" by Stephen King - equally brilliant as the film, perhaps one of the few books in which a move replicates a book to the letter. Highly reccommend it.

An aweful lot of Dune

A series of prequels by Brian Herbert & Kevin J. Anderson

The Butlerian Jihad: Legends of Dune

The Machine Crusade: Legends of Dune

The Battle of Corrin: Legends of Dune

House Atreides (Prelude to Dune)

House Harkonnen (Prelude to Dune)

House Corrino (Prelude to Dune)

Originally by Frank Herbert .....

Dune (currently reading this one)

Dune Messiah

Chrildren of Dune

God Emporer of Dune

Heretic of Dune

Chapter House of Dune

A few, I am reading them chronologically and not by publishing date.

Edited by Atlanteanlost