Last book read? The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

Favourite author? Between Michael Moore, Douglas Adams, and Michael Gerber

Favourite book? 1984 by George Orwell

Cant read? Will Self.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What book are you currently reading? 'Rubicon', by someone who's name I've forgotten, and 'whit' again by Ian Banks

Last book read? V for Vendetta

Favourite author? Probably Evelyn Waugh

Favourite book? Brideshead Revisited

Cant read? The Silmarilion...I should like it but it's impenetrable

We didn't do 1984 at school (thank god) I did read it for pleasure and I quite enjoyed it. We did far from the madding crowd at school. Not a novel I thought I'd like but I did quite enjoy it. In fact I got into trouble for reading too far ahead. :lol: English teachers are weird.

What book are you currently reading? Perdido street station - China Mieville. took me a while to get into, but now I'm riveted and I need to know what happens next (I'm only about half way through)

Last book read? overcoming endometriosis,

Favourite author? Pratchett, Gaiman, Barker

Favourite book? Reaper Man or Lord of the Rings

Cant read? chick lit :)

Want to read?Thud, Where's my Cow, Anansi Boys

What book are you currently reading? Joy division - touching from a distance

Last book read? No Logo by niomi *cant remember*

Favourite author? dont havre one - i mainly read biographys of interesting people

Favourite book? High Fidelity - Nick Hornby

Cant read? - im obbsesed with graphic design/art image books...so if youi look at my collection it would seem to

What book are you currently reading? Jonathan Kellerman's Monster. It's not exactly got me gripped though.

Last book read? Minette Walters' Fox Evil.

Favourite author? I don't have a favourite author, rather a list of must read authors including Bill Bryson, John Grisham, Mike Ripley, Kathy Reichs and Kelley Armstrong.

Favourite book? The Sparrow & The Children of God by Mary Doria Russell. So few people have ever heard of these but they're amazing and well worth a read if you're stuck for something gritty to get your teeth into. I've read them three times and imagine I'll read them at least a few more...

What book are you currently reading? Whit by Iain Banks

Last book read? Turbulent Priests - cant remember who wrote it

Favourite author? dont have one - only just got back into reading so havent really got one

Favourite book? Not sure - as above

Cant read? - books that are too descriptive....by that i mean describe the countryside etc for 3 or 4 pages, i like dialogue and getting straight to the nitty gritty.....

What book are you currently reading? 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas' Hunter S. Thompson

Last book read? 'If Chins Could Kill: Confessions of a B Movie Actor.' Bruce Campbell (Autobiography)

Favourite author? A t the moment, Steve Niles.

Favourite book? Not entirely sure, but I'd say 'The Beach' by Alex arland, great novel. Infinetely better than the film.

Cant read? 'Are You Dave Gorman' Dave Gorman & Danny Wallace. It's dead funny, but I just can't make it to the end of the book, I always find something else that's more interesting to do! :lol:

just picked up again, lifes lottery - kim newman, id thoroughly recommend it, its like one of those dungeons and dragons ones when you were a kid.......do you choose to....... or do you choose to......., if so go to page xxxx, just like that, but a grown up one with drugs and deviance, yay!!!

What book are you currently reading? The Algabraist - Iain M Banks, absolutely mind blowingly good

Last book read? The Last Red Death - Paul Johnston (though started The Princes Bride before the honeymoon, which is excellent and will finish when Ive completed The Algabraist

Favourite author? The aforementioned Mr Banks, not normally into SF literature but he's such a good writer.

Favourite book? Too many to mention but on the Banks theme Excession

Cant read? A Clockwork Orange, the language is inpenetrable, couldnt get on with On The Road either

Currently reading: Vernon God Little - DBC Pierre, taking ages like it but find it too easy to put down.

Last book read: The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Nighttime - Mark Haddon, loved it, really simple, really sweet and really funny.

Favourite Author: Margaret Atwood. Simply brilliant.

Favourite Book: The Blind Assassin - Margaret Atwood, never wanted it to end.

Can't read: Iain M. Banks or Iain Banks, sorry I know they're supposed to be bloody good but I just can't get into it.

Currently Reading: The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night Time - Mark Haddon. Which is really good but very wierd its neither happy nor sad or anything. Just wierd. Tis good isn't it JellyApple!

Last Book Read: Round Ireland With A Fridge by Tony Hawks. Very good and funny.

Favourite Author: Douglas Adams has got to be up there.

Favourite Book: Tough one probabaly the Hitchhikers Guide Trilogy/Pentology/Whatever it's called.

Can't Read: Spike Milligan - Hitler: My Part In His Downfall, I tried Mrs B I promise I tried but I can't get into it.

Thought I should point out that Mrs B is my English Tutor. Not that shes on here............ Well she might be you never know