Self Confirms 2023

Gnomicide

57 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

At the time didn't we think it maybe due to being set as TBC on this very site and he wanted it to be not leaked?

Don't think he was ever listed as a TBC here. 

On 1/19/2023 at 8:36 PM, Crazyfool01 said:

Quite interesting to see how they might be penalised for self confirming or letting info slip accidentally … I guess ideally if bands don’t get announced on the poster it’s still better for the festival if they can hold back some of the higher placed acts for the area announcements .. but the potential for leaks grows as these are booked later and as time advances people are more likely to become lose lipped 

I’d have thought it more likely any penalties come from the booking agents for their other gigs rather than GFL. It’s often the case big acts don’t get announced while they’ve still got their own tickets to shift. The organisers of BST might be a bit miffed.

9 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

I’d have thought it more likely any penalties come from the booking agents for their other gigs rather than GFL. It’s often the case big acts don’t get announced while they’ve still got their own tickets to shift. The organisers of BST might be a bit miffed.

ah fair ... im just amazed how they run such a tight ship 

On 1/20/2023 at 12:30 PM, Neil said:

when they tried again they put a big back-up plan in place, kasabian were booked to headline if prince didn't, and metalica were booked to headline other stage against prince (if he played).

I think they tried again in 2015. Was with Michael Eavis at an event that year and he was saying a headliner was going to be announced hopefully that evening, and to paraphrase it was basically sorted but that he wasn't taking anything for granted until 100% done as he has pulled out before. Then nothing came and The Who filled in (and pretty sure one of their crew confirmed they were Prince replacements in a blog).

Edited by strummer77

Hopefully this video works. Becky Hill has pretty much just self confirmed on GMB this morning. 
Asked about the rumours of her playing Glastonbury this year she said:

”I’m the first ever female resident at Ibiza Rocks, that’s so cool to me. I’m currently working on my album.. all the music is written, we’re just getting it ready to release now. And I’m REALLY  hoping to be seen at Glastonbury this year so fingers crossed.”

I guess she could be talking about trying for tickets in the resale…

Edited by DareToDibble
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Hopefully this video works. Becky Hill has pretty much just self confirmed on GMB this morning. 
Asked about the rumours of her playing Glastonbury this year she said:

”I’m the first ever female resident at Ibiza Rocks, that’s so cool to me. I’m currently working on my album.. all the music is written, we’re just getting it ready to release now. And I’m REALLY  hoping to be seen at Glastonbury this year so fingers crossed.”

I guess she could be talking about trying for tickets in the resale…

I’d say that’s always been pretty much a guarantee and with that… TBC

• 2 weeks later...