Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

3 hours ago, mjfiddy said:

yeah that’d explain it, big clash spot but often the best time if you’re not fussed with the legend, saw Alvvays in JP with about 10 other people when Lionel was on, I made my choice and am still happy with it

right when’s Self Esteem being announced as headlining

Haha, I was one of those 10 as well!

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, mjfiddy said:

image.png.28846ab57cc47e7f45193c28b0552ebb.png

literally everyone left after Self Esteem, felt a bit bad for Bea following those two sets 

definitely getting the Frank Turner award for playing everywhere in 2022… and by the looks of it strong odds to retain it for 2023 

now hurry up Glastonbury and announce some headliners where I’ll probably be elsewhere when they play anyway!

Beabadoobee’s set was laughably bad on the stream. Zero stage presence, relied on pre-recorded vocals, terrible mixing. One of my friends was there in person and she said it was the worst set of the weekend and everyone was leaving throughout lol.

It’s a shame because her music is decent but her live shows have been poor for years. She’ll have to step it up when she supports Taylor because the Swifties will not be kind.

Edited by Punisher

12 hours ago, Superscally said:

Surely the cretins are the ones who can't get their heads around fractions?

6 hours ago, topmarksbri said:

Anyone can understand fractions, they're just a worse way to do odds - especially if you're comparing things. 8/11 vs 4/9 is just worse in every way than saying 1.73 vs 1.44. 

Similarly - while I'm certainly impressed if someone knows or is able to quickly calculate how many barleycorns are in a furlong, it's still inferior to using the metric system.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

What I'm afraid of, ironically making Capaldi this year's Noel Gallagher.

That said, no need to stress about being in the pit for Axl and the lads.

GNR are not pulling a crowd anything like Macca, so I wouldn’t worry. You can swan up 15/20 mins before.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roughbloke said:

All I ask for is an apology. 

all i ask for is a line-up worthy of a contemporary arts festival. my ticket will be going back, as will heaps of tickets.

18 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Thanks. Reckon Lewis and Lizzo are two of the pyramid subs?

16 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'll take that.

Vindication for @roughbloke

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

But Lizzo into GnR will do very nicely.

Capaldi sitting in the middle of that, however, is something I'm strong on not loving. 

Nothing we didn't already know or have confirmed anyway.

Well done @roughbloke

I'd actually be down for a top 3 of Guns, Lizzo and Capaldi.

Let's not forget though, no way are they going to book Guns to replace a female headliner.

6 minutes ago, roughbloke said:

All I ask for is an apology. 

Good luck with that mate. You're more likely to get an apology from Axl. Well done lad

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

all i ask for is a line-up worthy of a contemporary arts festival. my ticket will be going back, as will heaps of tickets.

Ah what a good start to a day