Outbreak Fest 2023

Livvy Mae

Thought a thread might be useful as I'm assuming more information will start to come in soon, such as bringing the payment plans back etc. Waiting for that before I get my ticket, but no chance am I missing next year.

Bowlers worked really well imo so disappointed that it's moved to Mayfield Depot, but at least it'll be more easily accessible for people!

I'm really happy with the move to Depot. Been there for WHP and it's a great venue. While I liked Bowlers the location was awful and the venue got way too hot at times (especially on the Saturday). Only thing that they need to sort out at depot is getting more food vendors as queues this year took forever. 

But who are they even gonna get next year? Depot is basically double the capacity and this year they got the two biggest current modern hardcore bands to headline so not sure how they can top it. Also this year they seemed to be teasing branching out with some different genres so really interested to see how that goes. Would love some more Leftfield Hip Hop or Darker Shoegaze.

Would love to see some of the following: Praise, Mil-Spec, Mortality Rate, Sunami, Gridiron, SPY, GEL, Candy, HIRS, Full of Hell, Move, Petrol Girls, Gouge Away, Slant, Trapped Under Ice and Soul Glo.

Also if you wanna get tinfoiled hat Outbreak have recently followed the following artists on Insta: Tim Heidecker, Venom Prison, Soul Bind, Truth Cult, Pain of Truth, Rival Schools, Spice and Buggin.

Alternatively, I hated Mayfield for WHP, much preferred Store Street, but will be interesting if Outbreak incorporate Freight Island (would definitely help with food). Could do something in Star and Garter too, maybe have it as an additional breakout stage (WHP have done this I believe). There's no doubt about it, it's going to make life easier for a lot of people it being there.

It's definitely hard to see where is up from this year. If anything, I think scaling it back could have worked and had this year as a ten year hurrah and then finding a medium between arena festival and its origin. That said though, with the massively increased capacity, I could potentially see something like:

Friday - Hatebreed / Suicidal Tendencies co-headline (with a day of bands like SOIA, bringing back Madball, etc.) TUI would be sick as a special guest, but I think they tried this year and said they got nowhere. A bit of a 'traditional' hardcore day but with some crossover-y bands in too and would be excellent fun. Imagine even Municipal Waste as a stage 2 closer with smaller acts like Grove Street and Overpower below. Would help branching out, capitalise on the Damnation crowd also adjusting to a Manchester move.

Saturday - Title Fight reunion or something of a similar vein, maybe a post-hardcore headliner would work. This could work balancing out the weekend by bringing YOT back in support and doing a Walt double, maybe with GB? Imagine RS are exclusive to 2000. Could definitely have some shoegazey stuff on this day. This day could also have more of the contemporary hardcore bands playing, would love to see Spaced play, also bring the likes of Narrow Head back. 

Sunday - Converge with a wildcard sub, someone like Ho99o9 perhaps. Maybe Malevolence could headline. Not my cup of tea but clearly that vibe went down extremely well this year. More metalcore-y day.

It might well be with more stages they could go along the route of having perhaps even something like an RFC stage? Would encourage the weekend drive more than having more defined days to help ticket sales.

42 minutes ago, Livvy Mae said:

Alternatively, I hated Mayfield for WHP, much preferred Store Street, but will be interesting if Outbreak incorporate Freight Island (would definitely help with food). Could do something in Star and Garter too, maybe have it as an additional breakout stage (WHP have done this I believe). There's no doubt about it, it's going to make life easier for a lot of people it being there.

It's definitely hard to see where is up from this year. If anything, I think scaling it back could have worked and had this year as a ten year hurrah and then finding a medium between arena festival and its origin. That said though, with the massively increased capacity, I could potentially see something like:

Friday - Hatebreed / Suicidal Tendencies co-headline (with a day of bands like SOIA, bringing back Madball, etc.) TUI would be sick as a special guest, but I think they tried this year and said they got nowhere. A bit of a 'traditional' hardcore day but with some crossover-y bands in too and would be excellent fun. Imagine even Municipal Waste as a stage 2 closer with smaller acts like Grove Street and Overpower below. Would help branching out, capitalise on the Damnation crowd also adjusting to a Manchester move.

Saturday - Title Fight reunion or something of a similar vein, maybe a post-hardcore headliner would work. This could work balancing out the weekend by bringing YOT back in support and doing a Walt double, maybe with GB? Imagine RS are exclusive to 2000. Could definitely have some shoegazey stuff on this day. This day could also have more of the contemporary hardcore bands playing, would love to see Spaced play, also bring the likes of Narrow Head back. 

Sunday - Converge with a wildcard sub, someone like Ho99o9 perhaps. Maybe Malevolence could headline. Not my cup of tea but clearly that vibe went down extremely well this year. More metalcore-y day.

It might well be with more stages they could go along the route of having perhaps even something like an RFC stage? Would encourage the weekend drive more than having more defined days to help ticket sales.

Even allowing exit rentry throughout the day would help loads with it being in the city centre. Would love to see some integration with Star & Garter with it being a iconic Punk venue but since they only started with the multiple stage set up in quite a minimal way I'll doubt they'll do it this year. I do wonder if they'll allow the no barrier at Depot though.

I can't stand Hatebreed but can't deny they'd suit the festival. Not too sure I want a full day of that or even "themed" days. I know the Friday this year was certainly heavier/metalcore bands but there was still some variety and heavier bands throughout the weekend. Also if they are going to do multi stages again I'd love to see bands clash somewhat to provide an alternative. Someone like Pianos Become the Teeth could work against Hatebreed for example. Would love a Title Fight reunion but don't see it happening for a while and Converge with Ho99o9 is way too small. Converge are not even headlining Damnation festival which is similar/smaller size. I would love to proven wrong with this and Ho99o9 don't feel sub sized. Malevolence are getting big but headlining feels a bit of a push. sub/3rd feels right to me. I do think they've been booked for next year though. Not my thing but would go down well.

I think for my wildcard I had The Story So Far. Maybe too Pop Punk but popular with the crowd and a no barrier show with them would be incredible and could get a double bill with No Pressure as well.

Edited by justanothername

• 3 weeks later...

They’ve posted saying announcement coming soon. Really excited to see who’s playing and what direction though go in. Hoping there’s a good mix, but I like not knowing how it’s going to go. Personally hoping for Life of Agony, Trash Talk, Code Orange, Shelter. Special sets I would ofc love Title Fight to come back, but I think we’re all in the same boat there. Same goes with Have Heart and Modern Baseball. Headliners wise, no idea. Not sure how they’ll top Turnstile this year, and the lineup in general! Lot bigger venue and capacity this time round, so I’m guessing they’re going for an even bigger lineup. Dare I say Misfits could be a possibility? Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think they’ve played TIHC before.

HAVE HEART / MISFITS / TITLE FIGHT

Dream scenario for me! 

Edited by losing44

10 hours ago, losing44 said:

They’ve posted saying announcement coming soon. Really excited to see who’s playing and what direction though go in. Hoping there’s a good mix, but I like not knowing how it’s going to go. Personally hoping for Life of Agony, Trash Talk, Code Orange, Shelter. Special sets I would ofc love Title Fight to come back, but I think we’re all in the same boat there. Same goes with Have Heart and Modern Baseball. Headliners wise, no idea. Not sure how they’ll top Turnstile this year, and the lineup in general! Lot bigger venue and capacity this time round, so I’m guessing they’re going for an even bigger lineup. Dare I say Misfits could be a possibility? Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think they’ve played TIHC before.

HAVE HEART / MISFITS / TITLE FIGHT

Dream scenario for me! 

As much as I'd love Title Fight, I don't see it happening. Reckon Ned will still be there with Glitterer though and no way Misfits are playing Outbreak. Apparently their fee is ridiculously expensive .

• Like 1

Trapped Under Ice have been announced for a festival in January so looks like they're active again. Really hope they're back next year!

On 9/16/2022 at 7:50 PM, Alex Winstone said:

New Hippie Trim album is a great listen (FFO: Title Fight and Drug Church) reckon they would be a great fit. With the indie and synth bands showing up last year hopefully No Devotion will play too.

Listened to that Hippie Trim album and it was good! Lot's of good Melodic Hardcorey stuff this year with stellar releases from Anxious and Drug Church. Would also recommend releases from Praise (easily my favourite hardcore release this year), Squint and Feels Like Heaven.

Also I've been addicted to the World of Pleasure EP from this year. Would love them and Mortality Rate to be at Outbreak next year.

On 9/21/2022 at 5:58 PM, justanothername said:

Trapped Under Ice have been announced for a festival in January so looks like they're active again. Really hope they're back next year!

Listened to that Hippie Trim album and it was good! Lot's of good Melodic Hardcorey stuff this year with stellar releases from Anxious and Drug Church. Would also recommend releases from Praise (easily my favourite hardcore release this year), Squint and Feels Like Heaven.

Also I've been addicted to the World of Pleasure EP from this year. Would love them and Mortality Rate to be at Outbreak next year.

Don't think I've heard of Feels Like Heaven will give them a go, The Anxious record is my favourite album of the year so far.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...