Crowd interaction from artists

tarw

Artists chatting to the audience   

114 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like artists to interact with the crowd at a gig?

• I want them all to be like sprinty Dave and chat to me between each song. Even though like the boor in the pub I’ve heard the same story 100 times before
    • I think The boss has got it nailed a bit of a chat sometimes to give involve and entertain me
    • Ellie has got it spot on lets her music do the talking and has other band members do the chatty bits
    • ELO all the way. I’m paying to hear music not waffle

4 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

You going again next week?

No, even though I've got access to a free ticket (backstage access). I'm a bit bored of Beautiful Days, the line-up is not really my thing. Only acts I'm interested in on the Main stage/Big Top are Hollie Cook and Bob Vylan, both of whom I saw at Glastonbury (Hollie Twice). The Little Big Top line up looks good though.

Will only be the second time I've missed Beautiful Days.

55 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Scary fact: the '90's are now what the 60's were to us in the '90's...

I remember when my daughter was at Juniors, now 23. Came home and said "Daddy we are learning about the olden times" 

"Oh is that the Romans or Victorian times" says I 

" No the 70's "

On 8/8/2022 at 11:16 AM, Hugh Jass II said:

Macca, for instance, has his whole kindly grandad schtick and rattles off a few anecdotes between songs and that feels right for him. You wouldn't want stoney silence between songs from him. Similarly Liam G gives it the whole "rock and roll yeah? Have it large!" and that's part of the experience of seeing him.

I had never seen Paul McCartney and simply went along because the opportunity was there. I actually really liked his chat in between songs. It made it feel personal and I thought it worked really well.

And Liam is great being Liam.  Actually I liked Noel's chat too.  That stuff about "These songs are for me, but if you stick around...."  I appreciated him being so clear about what was going to happen!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I’m not bothered either way really - you come to expect their ways of interaction. With Macca, I’ve heard many of his anecdotes/introductions numerous times, but I think it’s all part of the charm, and it’s lovely for those seeing him for the first time, to hear the stories first hand from an actual Beatle

When I go see Pixies I know Black Francis ain’t gonna say shit, apart from maybe ‘Hi’, which is cool too

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

See - for me Pixies are a band whose live act - and thus reputation overall - is diminished by the fact that it's so utilitarian and unexpressive.

In my memory Kim Deal did say a few thanks and how's it going in Pixies time? Speaking of which. The Breeders, always lovely and natural chat.

Glasto 22: Laura Veirs explaining how she was going to pick up her kids from the airport later on the day so they could tour a bit with her was actually almost tear inducing. You could feel how happy she was to see her kids later on. 

4 minutes ago, The Nal said:

No way, this would be so good! Seems like they have the right intention to do a good job instead of just doing it for the sake of it.

Fingers crossed it gets done and like Reiner says, "You want to honor the first one and push it a little further with the story."

43 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Talking of striking a good balance, they were great back in 2009. 

"They live such short lives, don't they?"

If you watch the original film, Michael McKean looked nothing like Chuck McGill, but over the years, his face morphed into Saul Goodman's brother.  So weird to watch.

14 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Scary fact: the '90's are now what the 60's were to us in the '90's...

27 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

The release of Park Life is longer ago from now than Park Life was from Sgt Pepper.

Saw someone ranting on Twitter the other day about the changes at Radio 2 with Paul O'Grady leaving.  Apparently failing to spot the flaw in their argument about Radio 2 getting filled with ex-Radio 1 DJs while complaining about the removal of (checks notes) Simon Mayo, Steve Wright and Tony Blackburn...

Edited by Quark

4 hours ago, sfroml said:

Didn't one of the Black Eyed Peas say something like "How's it going London?" when they played played a few years back, West Holts? Talk about getting it wrong, duh! 😄 

Tommy Lee did the same with Mötley Crüe at Donington in '84 (84!). Anyway, what's Tommy doing today? He seems quiet.

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Saw someone ranting on Twitter the other day about the changes at Radio 2 with Paul O'Grady leaving.  Apparently failing to spot the flaw in their argument about Radio 2 getting filled with ex-Radio 1 DJs while complaining about the removal of (checks notes) Simon Mayo, Steve Wright and Tony Blackburn...

Paul O'Grady though... "Ooo Malcolm. Now here's a list of people who's dogs have died this week..." Thank fuck he's going.