The Smiths (and listening to bands with members you now despise)

jparx

I'm having a problem with Bruce (Springsteen) at the moment. Been a fan since 'Nebraska' (1982), but I can't come to terms with the current dynamic pricing ticket saga.  My own tickets (Dublin, Copenhagen) were actually face value, and were bought before all of this kicked off, but it's the principle that matters. Am not even looking forward to the shows now. First show is 5 May 2023. Wonder if I will feel different by then.

Edited by Watergirl

7 hours ago, Dales said:

I guess it might also be down to where you live. I am from East London and still hear plenty of his stuff out and about. Also seems to get plenty of radio air play and is the main stay of most in house hotel entertainment teams. The Michael Jackson night is up there with the Grease night for many a hotel in-house nights all over the world.

Poor me, ignorant bumpkin 😉

Didn't know that at all. 

I do remember in his hey day being somewhere overseas and someone played one of his new albums (maybe bad) and it was very well received - only exceeded by Bob Marley in terms of universal appeal as I recall. 

• Like 1

Was listening to Queens of the Stone Age the other day. Much as I love their stuff, I cannot stand Josh Homme. The obvious domestic abuse allegations spring to mind, but some of his on stage antics (kicking a camera, acting the 'hard man') make me cringe

Vocally, I think the guy is great, and a hell of a musician. But on a human level, nah

19 hours ago, Watergirl said:

I'm having a problem with Bruce (Springsteen) at the moment. Been a fan since 'Nebraska' (1982), but I can't come to terms with the current dynamic pricing ticket saga.  My own tickets (Dublin, Copenhagen) were actually face value, and were bought before all of this kicked off, but it's the principle that matters. Am not even looking forward to the shows now. First show is 5 May 2023. Wonder if I will feel different by then.

I can totally see why you would feel that way, though no such issues for me with looking forward to Hyde Park

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, danmarks said:

Just out of interest (cos theyre my go to band) how come you cant Stand any of them? 

11 hours ago, Superscally said:

...yeah, I get Daltrey and Townshend, but the rest? What have they done? 😀

Sorry that was poor from me hahaha I meant just Daltrey and Townshend. Honestly I don't actually know the other members other than Keith Moon - that can be my homework to see if I like them.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rgill3 said:

Sorry that was poor from me hahaha I meant just Daltrey and Townshend. Honestly I don't actually know the other members other than Keith Moon - that can be my homework to see if I like them.

Spoiler alert: cancelling the others isn't exactly an option any more...

• Upvote 2