Tramlines 2023 and Hillsborough Gigs

stanh

With conversation starting for 2023, feels right to start the thread now for next year. Very much hoping to get back to Tramlines next year after a couple years off, looked great from what I've seen and been told from friends who went.

Any initial thoughts for headliners/acts?

I’m hoping for Pulp and Paolo Nutini for two of the headliners. 

Love to see Little Simz return if she’s still touring, plus Jamie T. My wish list for next year isn’t that big tbh, if there’s no one I want to watch for a bit I love getting a bench in the VIP for a few hours 

One word for next years Headliner - Gerry !!!!

After GC would like to see:

Red Rum Club, The Charlatans, Sea Girls, Tom Grennan, Stereophonics, maybe someone a bit different like Chemical Brothers, DMA's, The Snuts and a slot on the main stage probably subbing for Self Esteem who was amazing in the tent this year.

Possibly even the return of Dizzy to Headline this time.

2 hours ago, WRhodes493 said:

https://twitter.com/BlossomsBand/status/1554165062805250050

Big ol' Blossoms tour just announced, with a distinct lack of Sheffield... anyone reckon they're saving themselves for headlining Tramlines next year?

I bloody well hope so! 

I didn't used to rate them - skipped them in 2019 to see Vistas - but they were incredible headliners at Y Not this weekend. Upstaged Stereophonics easily, and I came away super impressed. 

Was just looking at the tour and was disappointed at the lack of Sheffield date, Tramlines slot would be perfect and they'd kill it! 

46 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Can’t believe people are suggesting Pulp, surely they’re too big?

Also no way we’re getting AM they’re too big.

If you look at JJ’s posts all are unrealistic guesses over and over.  I’d ignore 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Friday

Stereophonics - The Charlatans - The Snuts

Saturday

Gerry Cinnamon - DMA's - Easy Life

Sunday 

Dizzy Rascal or Tom Grennan - Self Esteem - Red Rum Club 

I would be happy with this.

Those subs would be a huge step down. This year was James/Vaccines/Wombats for reference.

Get Self Esteem has the local connection and DMA's were down to sub in 2020, but would still be underwhelming. 

Dizzie as a headliner also underwhelming but that's probably just to me personal, went down well in 2021. 

1 hour ago, thatTFBguy said:

Those subs would be a huge step down. This year was James/Vaccines/Wombats for reference.

Get Self Esteem has the local connection and DMA's were down to sub in 2020, but would still be underwhelming. 

Dizzie as a headliner also underwhelming but that's probably just to me personal, went down well in 2021. 

DMA's and Self Esteem way better than Vaccines and Wombats - give you that James slightly better than The Charlatans.  Both DMAs and Self Esteem are top of their game rather than were 10 years ago.

Dizzee purely for the impact he had in 2021 when he put poor Supergrass well in the shade.

16 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

DMA's and Self Esteem way better than Vaccines and Wombats - give you that James slightly better than The Charlatans.  Both DMAs and Self Esteem are top of their game rather than were 10 years ago.

Dizzee purely for the impact he had in 2021 when he put poor Supergrass well in the shade.

The Vaccines were unbelievably good this year, amazed at what a live band they've become having not seen them since 2015. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SleepingGiants said:

Arctic Monkeys in Hillsborough Park/Hillsborough Stadium? Is it yay or nay?

stadium not park. there's been a new festival applying for the park called cosmic though for early june. I'm not too sure, so many rumours going about that its hard to tell whats real. they are definitely doing something though

On 8/28/2022 at 2:20 PM, jj200 said:

Friday: wolf alice

Saturday: Bastille

Sunday: bring me the horizon 

After seeing both Wolf Alice and BMTH smash Leeds Fest it would be a yes from me.  Can't see BMTH fitting the Tramlines demographic regardless of being from Sheffield but certainly put on an amazing set yesterday.

Fontaines DC would also be on my list after performance at Leeds.

All three way better than the lackluster Arctic Monkeys.

3 hours ago, gfa said:

stadium not park. there's been a new festival applying for the park called cosmic though for early june. I'm not too sure, so many rumours going about that its hard to tell whats real. they are definitely doing something though

The original plan and SJM licence was for AM to play the Park not stadium.

SJM continued their application the following year for an event called COSMIC. Then COVID.

the latest approved application makes no mention of COSMIC.

So, it's anyone's guess at the moment, but the odds are still AM until they announce otherwise. 

• 3 weeks later...