Pulp to return in 2023

briddj

5 minutes ago, eddie_corrigan said:

maybe opening the festival on the pyramid not the other unannounced so they can make the big bucks at the likes of R/L and BST.  

won't be booked for R&L imo

Very excited about this. I've always wanted to see them and they're the one that's always eluded me - 2011/12 something always seemed to get in the way. Was at another gig for the Wireless weekend, decided against the madness at the Park Stage, had to go to a wedding the weekend of that incredible Reading and Leeds lineup, had tickets for Brixton but had to sell them as my partner at the time had lost her job so we couldn't justify the journey, and then had tickets for Sheffield but our flat got broken into the night before and we were pretty shaken up by that. 

Hopefully nothing like that in 2023...

21 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Not sure if this is controversial or not, but We Love Life is my favourite album.

The correct order for the four big albums is:

1. His 'n' hers

2. Different Class

3. This is Hard-core

4. We Love Life

I'd need to refamiliarise myself with the early work to rate those too - it's been a while. I think Separations would be next.

• Upvote 1

Really pleased with this news. Pulp are my favourite band that I havent managed to see live so will definitely be making every effort to change that in 2023. Have also been reading Jarvis's book Good Pop Bad Pop the last few days which I highly recommend

27 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

The correct order for the four big albums is:

1. His 'n' hers

2. Different Class

3. This is Hard-core

4. We Love Life

I'd need to refamiliarise myself with the early work to rate those too - it's been a while. I think Separations would be next.

You appear to have the order reversed. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Primvavera almost definitely.  They are too big for Tramlines.

Perhaps they'll finish in '24 at Tramlines or something. Big hitters this summer then finish up with some final paychecks in 24

4 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Very excited about this. I've always wanted to see them and they're the one that's always eluded me - 2011/12 something always seemed to get in the way. Was at another gig for the Wireless weekend, decided against the madness at the Park Stage, had to go to a wedding the weekend of that incredible Reading and Leeds lineup, had tickets for Brixton but had to sell them as my partner at the time had lost her job so we couldn't justify the journey, and then had tickets for Sheffield but our flat got broken into the night before and we were pretty shaken up by that. 

Hopefully nothing like that in 2023...

Don't worry, it shit it down for Leeds. I went back to the tent for Beck when is began to lash down, had a can and a spliff, turned radio on and Champagne Supernova came on, so I stayed put and it was BOSS.

So, so happy about this news. I missed two opportunities to see them last time around (Leeds and Sheffield) and I felt that would be a regret I would take to my grave. So glad I now have another chance, and so there is no way am I going to miss out on this!

I'm expecting them to do some kind of homecoming show in Sheffield (along with the rumoured Leadmill gig). Outdoor show, the arena or even headlining Tramlines. Whatever. I'll be there!

@incidentMaybe my memory is getting worse but I thought I had a bit of a scrabble for the Sheffield tickets. I was lucky enough to see them a few times on that tour (Primavera, Glastonbury, Wireless, Murcia and Sheffield) and would love to see them again in 2023 particularly at Glastonbury.

@Zoo Music Girl - a very tenuous link but Jarvis is on this video so might we get NCATBS as well next year? Now that would be some line up!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=44ZUmL0dIx0

Just now, onthebeach said:

@incidentMaybe my memory is getting worse but I thought I had a bit of a scrabble for the Sheffield tickets. I was lucky enough to see them a few times on that tour (Primavera, Glastonbury, Wireless, Murcia and Sheffield) and would love to see them again in 2023 particularly at Glastonbury.

@Zoo Music Girl - a very tenuous link but Jarvis is on this video so might we get NCATBS as well next year? Now that would be some line up!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=44ZUmL0dIx0

Ha I love this video!

I'm fully expecting Nick Cave to be there anyway to be honest. It'll be 10 years since they last played. I reckon he'll be in his usual Sunday sub slot.

4 hours ago, onthebeach said:

To be honest I can't remember the specifics at this point, but I know a friend of mine decided to come about 2 months after I booked and was able to get a ticket via normal/official channels without any fuss - looking at our email chain, I got tickets bang on when they went on (pre)sale in July, and she booked hers in October.

Though I don't know whether they were on sale throughout, or if there was a second release or whatever.