Mercury Prize 2022

Punksnotdead

23 hours ago, Al2006 said:

Tickets on sale to go here - https://www.eventim.co.uk/artist/the-mercury-prize/the-2022-mercury-prize-with-free-now-3195926/?affiliate=HAL

£24 didn't seem too bad to see a variety of these artists.. never been before but thought why not!

Just picked up a pair for this. Still a couple round if you keep refreshing…

• 2 months later...

Went along this evening. Was a really cool experience, first ever awards type of show/ TV show. 

In terms of the biggest cheers. Little Simz and Self Esteem were pretty much even. Both put on fantastic performances.

I prefer Prioritise. But introvert was my 2nd pick. Now for a long train home and work tomorrow!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Went along this evening. Was a really cool experience, first ever awards type of show/ TV show. 

In terms of the biggest cheers. Little Simz and Self Esteem were pretty much even. Both put on fantastic performances.

I prefer Prioritise. But introvert was my 2nd pick. Now for a long train home and work tomorrow!

I went also, holy fuck, the amount of people talking the entire time in the circle. 

People talking is not something I have ever complained about at a gig before but the people behind us and beside us just spoke non-stop through every performance aside from Little Simz and Self Esteem. 

It’s not the most obvious thing to go to, so I was quite surprised. 

6 minutes ago, gordong said:

I went also, holy fuck, the amount of people talking the entire time in the circle. 

People talking is not something I have ever complained about at a gig before but the people behind us and beside us just spoke non-stop through every performance aside from Little Simz and Self Esteem. 

It’s not the most obvious thing to go to, so I was quite surprised. 

Was in block c of the circle and it was okay. After the Harry video people seemed to lose interest. 

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Annoyingly I've been meaning to pick up SIMBI** on vinyl for about 6 months. It's probably just doubled in price.

**Despite hammering this album over the last few months it was only recently pointed out to me that Sometimes I Might Be Introvert spells SIMBI.

Just picked up for £21 on double clear vinyl from rough trade (with discount code). Still there if you’re quick!

Also only discovered the initials today. A touch embarrassed.