Truck Fest 2023 Lineup

Jack01825

On 7/25/2022 at 10:23 PM, gfa said:

Big step down this. Think this quite an old big 3 vs this year, hardly up and coming.

No it isn't. Paolo nutini maybe, but libertines and Jamie T absolutely shite all over bombay bicycle club and Sam Fender. Blossoms proper boring as well. Talking nonsense. Fill the subs and market headliners with great up and coming bands like wet leg and fontaines DC. Still need some of the old guard 

50 minutes ago, Christoph1955 said:

No it isn't. Paolo nutini maybe, but libertines and Jamie T absolutely shite all over bombay bicycle club and Sam Fender. 

Appreciate music taste is subjective, and maybe you just meant those two acts are more to your taste, but if we're talking objectively in terms of the stature of a headline booking Fender is miles ahead of Jamie T and Libertines, and like it's not even a discussion. 

7 hours ago, thatTFBguy said:

Appreciate music taste is subjective, and maybe you just meant those two acts are more to your taste, but if we're talking objectively in terms of the stature of a headline booking Fender is miles ahead of Jamie T and Libertines, and like it's not even a discussion. 

Sam Fender had a massive rise this year since being booked to headlining. Truck will find it tough to get such big acts again. I think The Libertines would be a massive step down as there popularity seems to have fallen off a cliff but I think Jamie T is a big headliner when compared to Bombay, Blossoms and even Kasabian once booked due to being without Tom. 

9 hours ago, Christoph1955 said:

No it isn't. Paolo nutini maybe, but libertines and Jamie T absolutely shite all over bombay bicycle club and Sam Fender. Blossoms proper boring as well. Talking nonsense. Fill the subs and market headliners with great up and coming bands like wet leg and fontaines DC. Still need some of the old guard 

yeah sam fender is on a different level to libertine and Jamie T and im a huge libertines fan!

blossoms is subjective as 99% of people do love them 

Sam Fender was a great booking just because of how his stock is still rising, Kasabian similar on the comeback with Serge, Bombay felt pretty weak though (might just be lofty expectations for Truck though considering it's really Y Not's little brother).

I like The Libertines but their stock right now is not the same as Sam Fender and Kasabian, can still see them being booked though.

I can see us getting one 'slower' headliner (Paolo Nutini, Lewis Capaldi, Bastille etc), one 'older rock' headliner (The Libertines, Jamie T, Courteeners, Bloc Party etc) and one other (Foals, Royal Blood, The Wombats etc). Chuck in some Fontaines DC, Nothing But Thieves, Wet Leg, Declan McKenna etc and I'm sold

I'd love to see a bit more from The Pit next year too, get some up and coming heavier bands like Trash Boat, Boston Manor, Bob Vylan, Loathe, Modern Error etc in there

Edited by LazyDavid

1 hour ago, LazyDavid said:

Sam Fender was a great booking just because of how his stock is still rising, Kasabian similar on the comeback with Serge, Bombay felt pretty weak though (might just be lofty expectations for Truck though considering it's really Y Not's little brother).

I like The Libertines but their stock right now is not the same as Sam Fender and Kasabian, can still see them being booked though.

I can see us getting one 'slower' headliner (Paolo Nutini, Lewis Capaldi, Bastille etc), one 'older rock' headliner (The Libertines, Jamie T, Courteeners, Bloc Party etc) and one other (Foals, Royal Blood, The Wombats etc). Chuck in some Fontaines DC, Nothing But Thieves, Wet Leg, Declan McKenna etc and I'm sold

I'd love to see a bit more from The Pit next year too, get some up and coming heavier bands like Trash Boat, Boston Manor, Bob Vylan, Loathe, Modern Error etc in there

very good arguments and suggestions there, what about You me at Six? been there before, new album coming out and just announced a tour.

but probably not well known enough? 

1 hour ago, Jack01825 said:

very good arguments and suggestions there, what about You me at Six? been there before, new album coming out and just announced a tour.

but probably not well known enough? 

Wonder if they'd get away with subbing or being a "co-headline" like The Kooks this year

I can't see them being booked to headline for some reason, another decent band though!

5 hours ago, LazyDavid said:

Speaking of The Libertines, their Godiva Coventry gig for a tenner still isn't sold out. I wasn't that bothered as I saw them as Leeds on their big reunion, Ally Pally and sub Glastonbury but slightly tempted.

On 7/29/2022 at 1:28 PM, Jack01825 said:

yeah I'm all booked 🙂 i only though it was pricey as i went to add the Thursday upgrade to the weekend camping plus Thursday which I didn't need to do 🙂 

I paid £176 for a weekend + thurs early entry and a car park ticket.

That sound right?

18 hours ago, 3Dimensions said:

Give Creeper, NBT and Everything Everything the headline push. 

I would be utterly disappointed by that and I am a fan of Creeper & Nothing But Thieves but Creeper headlining? I guess NBT are big enough. Hope they both make the lineup in some slot but would be hoping for someone better as headliners but could see NBT being in with a shout as headliner. I guess who is "better" is subjective.

Maybe its me but I find Everything Everything ultra boring so would be happy for them to be busy that weekend.

On 7/27/2022 at 4:00 PM, gooner1990 said:

Courteeners headlined Truck in 2018!

Festival has grown a lot since then, this years booking show that. Its possible i suppose but theres plenty of better options and it feels like a bit of a stepdown to me (they are also shit too).

courteeners are long overdue a return to R&L and so will probably be there vs lots of small fests I think 

On 7/29/2022 at 12:32 AM, Christoph1955 said:

You again? Courteeners not big enough? Do you know anything about music 😂😂😂😂😂

Me again? Don’t even know who you are lol

Edited by gfa

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, gfa said:

They don't really fit in with recent headliners. If its going to be an older act it needs to be a bigger name imo

I can see what you mean when compared to this years headliners but are BBC really that much bigger then Suede?

I am not sure if booking Sam & Kasabian was a master stroke by the bookings team and they predicted that Sam’s popularity was flying through the roof and that Serge fronted Kasabian would still be a force. Luck or clever booking, much kudos to the Truck bookings team.

i think it will be interesting to see what level the headliners we get for 2023. Including Blossoms, this year looks strong for the festival size. It might be difficult to repeat that level. Anyway, it’s fun trying to work out who might play. If Suede are about then I would expect Truck to be about the right size for them to headline based on older years bookings.

Booked my tickets including Thursday and more then happy to Take Suede on Thursday night if Truck are booking bigger acts for the main festival dates. I just think Sam and Kasabian might look like super strong headliners down the line but would love to be proved wrong. But as I love Suede, I am biased about wanting them to be there and so might not really be judging the size thing very well.