Last minute, spontaneous Boomtown trip

daviesollie

Hi everyone 👋🏻

Me and one of my friends have been teasing the idea of Boomtown '22 for the past couple of weeks and we've decided, if we can get some other personal stuff sorted out, we'd love to just spontaneously go. With only a few weeks until the festival, we feel like we're running out of time and we have hit some snags which we'd love some help from anybody who knows more.

1. Tickets - We've been looking on Twickets at buying one each and we've found some really good prices. Although I've heard of it in the past and I understand it's probably one of the most trusted for second hand face value tickets, we have never used it before. We're just a little confused about how it works and how we can guarantee we won't get scammed. One of the requirements, from what I've read online, is that the name on the Boomtown ticket must match the name of the person entering. How can we organise for the seller to get the name changed on the ticket we purchase? Do we just have to take their word for it or does it automatically start a process through Twickets?
We do have another option for peace of mind, which is volunteering through Oxfam (which might be quite fun and we get showers and phone charging!), but we would like to at least try and have a go at getting a proper ticket.

2. Parking - Car parking is another confusing one for us and as it's our only option for getting down there, we would need somewhere to put the car. Parking tickets are no longer being sold on the Boomtown website as it's past the cut off date and I can't find anything about paying to park on the day of arrival. There seems to be hints on the website that you can do it (such as saying paying in advance would be cheaper) but there's nothing solid that says you can pay on the day. I can't find any second hand car park tickets so I'm assuming that these aren't transferable either. Can someone shed some light on the parking?

3. Cash Free account - Great idea by the way, well done Boomtown! If we do get someone else's tickets, and the name is changed, can we still enter that ticket's barcode into our Cash Free account? I don't want to buy someones ticket who may have it linked to their account and then I can't buy anything and I can't do anything about it.

I can't think of anything else we need help with, these are the main questions we have so far, but if you have any other advice of what we should or could do, please let me know!

Thanks in advance

Hey, 

I can only reply to your question about the tickets. Only buy from a genuine ticketsellers link. Do not risk buying a ticket from twickets or any other resale site or you could be scammed or risk the name not being changed as you suggest. With the ticketsellers link it’s the official resale route you know you are buying the actual ticket and can change the name. 

I am considering selling my two tickets.  Thursday entry and I think they were around £225-250 each. I can send you both in the same link or separate if you like? 

Cheers

H

48 minutes ago, daviesollie said:

Hi everyone 👋🏻

Me and one of my friends have been teasing the idea of Boomtown '22 for the past couple of weeks and we've decided, if we can get some other personal stuff sorted out, we'd love to just spontaneously go. With only a few weeks until the festival, we feel like we're running out of time and we have hit some snags which we'd love some help from anybody who knows more.

1. Tickets - We've been looking on Twickets at buying one each and we've found some really good prices. Although I've heard of it in the past and I understand it's probably one of the most trusted for second hand face value tickets, we have never used it before. We're just a little confused about how it works and how we can guarantee we won't get scammed. One of the requirements, from what I've read online, is that the name on the Boomtown ticket must match the name of the person entering. How can we organise for the seller to get the name changed on the ticket we purchase? Do we just have to take their word for it or does it automatically start a process through Twickets?
We do have another option for peace of mind, which is volunteering through Oxfam (which might be quite fun and we get showers and phone charging!), but we would like to at least try and have a go at getting a proper ticket.

2. Parking - Car parking is another confusing one for us and as it's our only option for getting down there, we would need somewhere to put the car. Parking tickets are no longer being sold on the Boomtown website as it's past the cut off date and I can't find anything about paying to park on the day of arrival. There seems to be hints on the website that you can do it (such as saying paying in advance would be cheaper) but there's nothing solid that says you can pay on the day. I can't find any second hand car park tickets so I'm assuming that these aren't transferable either. Can someone shed some light on the parking?

3. Cash Free account - Great idea by the way, well done Boomtown! If we do get someone else's tickets, and the name is changed, can we still enter that ticket's barcode into our Cash Free account? I don't want to buy someones ticket who may have it linked to their account and then I can't buy anything and I can't do anything about it.

I can't think of anything else we need help with, these are the main questions we have so far, but if you have any other advice of what we should or could do, please let me know!

Thanks in advance

Hello!

Great you are thinking of coming! You'll definitely not regret it!

In terms of your questions:-

1. As already mentioned, only use theticketseller links. @Sku has a number listed on his Boomtown Source website which you can find here Boomtown Tickets: Face value tickets still available - Boomtown Source. Don't worry about Tiers, just go for whatever suits your needs and is cheapest. The tickets will be transferred into your name.

2. Parking tickets are issued on gate and are £40.

3. When you get the ticket in your name, you'll get a code allocated to it. You can register for the cash free account using that code which will be liked to your ticket in your name. Anything you don't use will auto be refunded back to your bank account.

Hope this helps 🙂

47 minutes ago, hgw89 said:

Hey, 

I can only reply to your question about the tickets. Only buy from a genuine ticketsellers link. Do not risk buying a ticket from twickets or any other resale site or you could be scammed or risk the name not being changed as you suggest. With the ticketsellers link it’s the official resale route you know you are buying the actual ticket and can change the name. 

I am considering selling my two tickets.  Thursday entry and I think they were around £225-250 each. I can send you both in the same link or separate if you like? 

Cheers

H

Hi, thank you for the response! Noted on the ticket sellers links only, had more of a look into it and I'll go down that route. Happy to look at buying your tickets (would need two separate links) but we're just trying to finalise some personal issues before we actually buy a ticket. Will keep you posted!

32 minutes ago, mr flow said:

Hello!

Great you are thinking of coming! You'll definitely not regret it!

In terms of your questions:-

1. As already mentioned, only use theticketseller links. @Sku has a number listed on his Boomtown Source website which you can find here Boomtown Tickets: Face value tickets still available - Boomtown Source. Don't worry about Tiers, just go for whatever suits your needs and is cheapest. The tickets will be transferred into your name.

2. Parking tickets are issued on gate and are £40.

3. When you get the ticket in your name, you'll get a code allocated to it. You can register for the cash free account using that code which will be liked to your ticket in your name. Anything you don't use will auto be refunded back to your bank account.

Hope this helps 🙂

Thank you so much, this is very helpful for us. I really appreciate it. 🙂 

• Upvote 1