Lost property return

Crazyfool01

On 7/21/2022 at 9:53 PM, crazyfool1 said:

You see quite a lot of people wearing sunnies at night … no idea how they do it 

Haha, that was me one year. Wasn't till someone mentioned them that I took them off and an absolute revelation that I could see things and it wasn't just dark

I may have ranted on here about losing my ticket pretty much as soon as I got in the gate this year and the subsequent hassle it caused me.

Guess what turned up in the post today!

Along with a circular sticker with a central crown motif and the words Commoners Choir around it (would do photos but rushing to get to work atm). And looking at it a bit closer either the crown or the words are upside down.

First class stamp and postmarks naming Yorkshire and Birmingham.

And that's it. No more clues.

I'm kind of baffled and elated in equal measures.

Thank you kind stranger. You put a smile on my face today.

I don't get a ticket in advance, I pick it up on site.

I get an early vehicle pass which is my way onto site.

This year it got to the Friday before and still no pass, which is only valid until the Saturday before. I get a phone call from my boss on Friday evening. My pass had been returned to her by post (clearly wrong address on envelope), she arranged for me to pick it up off-site on the Saturday afternoon.

Thankfully someone had returned it as it has nothing on it that identifies it as mine. They could have kept it and used it, meaning I'd have be accused of trying to get another pass.

On 7/27/2022 at 7:25 PM, MrZigster said:

I may have ranted on here about losing my ticket pretty much as soon as I got in the gate this year and the subsequent hassle it caused me.

Guess what turned up in the post today!

Along with a circular sticker with a central crown motif and the words Commoners Choir around it (would do photos but rushing to get to work atm). And looking at it a bit closer either the crown or the words are upside down.

First class stamp and postmarks naming Yorkshire and Birmingham.

And that's it. No more clues.

I'm kind of baffled and elated in equal measures.

Thank you kind stranger. You put a smile on my face today.

Had a quick google. Commoners Choir appear to be a political choir of some sort. They have a web page so I've sent them a thank you message. Couldn't find them on the line-up page after a quick ctrl-f. I probably never will, but I'd still love to know where and when and just how the fuck I lost the fucker.

6 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Had a quick google. Commoners Choir appear to be a political choir of some sort. They have a web page so I've sent them a thank you message. Couldn't find them on the line-up page after a quick ctrl-f. I probably never will, but I'd still love to know where and when and just how the fuck I lost the fucker.

Hold on a minute!

Do general public tickets have your address on them?

On 7/21/2022 at 9:53 PM, crazyfool1 said:

You see quite a lot of people wearing sunnies at night … no idea how they do it !!!  We not only managed to find my glasses … we also managed to find the lens that had popped out … in the dark at 3am in a bar … I say we … I mean my mate ..as my capability was limited . I should really have attempted to fix them 

I wear sunnies at night at festivals. A) They have prescription lenses in, so I can see where I’m going/ the acts on stage. B) Flashing/strobe lights effect me, in that I end up falling over if I look at them. So sunglasses mean I can stay upright in a crowd. Always a bargain.

49 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Hold on a minute!

Do general public tickets have your address on them?

Yes.

Edit: Well mine did. Possibly lead bookers only as that shows through the envelope window I believe. And a photo. What a personal information leak nightmare ;) .

Edited by MrZigster

57 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

I wear sunnies at night at festivals. A) They have prescription lenses in, so I can see where I’m going/ the acts on stage. B) Flashing/strobe lights effect me, in that I end up falling over if I look at them. So sunglasses mean I can stay upright in a crowd. Always a bargain.

My prescription ones just made me fall over more 🙂 … understand the strobing thing that must be an absolute pain 😞 

36 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Just a comparison, was interested as I've never seen a general public ticket.

Anyway have got rid of my clearly irrelevant post.

Sorry. My bad. Thought someone else had asked the original question.

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

Don't the ultra-violet lights in clubs/tents make prescription reactalight lenses darken? Sure I've been called out for wearing sunnys in a nightclub due to mine once or twice (haven't been to a nightclub in decades).

2 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Sorry. My bad. Thought someone else had asked the original question.

Don't the ultra-violet lights in clubs/tents make prescription reactalight lenses darken? Sure I've been called out for wearing sunnys in a nightclub due to mine once or twice (haven't been to a nightclub in decades).

No idea. Mine are just sunglasses with lens, not reactalight.

On 7/29/2022 at 1:56 PM, deebeedoobee said:

Not as extreme as falling over but I've definitely found myself more sensitive to strobes/big light shows over the years and sometimes have to pop the sunnies on at night.