Lost property return

Crazyfool01

I always marvel at these guys … and a little bird has just told me they return absolutely everything they can and don’t question the contents of peoples bags … which might put some people off reporting stuff lost . Anyway have people on here any experiences with them ? Strangely lots of single keys there 😀

13 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I always marvel at these guys … and a little bird has just told me they return absolutely everything they can and don’t question the contents of peoples bags … which might put some people off reporting stuff lost . Anyway have people on here any experiences with them ? Strangely lots of single keys there 😀

Stock images so that people don't try and claim the items in the photos is my thinking

20 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I always marvel at these guys … and a little bird has just told me they return absolutely everything they can and don’t question the contents of peoples bags … which might put some people off reporting stuff lost . Anyway have people on here any experiences with them ? Strangely lots of single keys there

Well I do make one key lose (car key) and bring the rest to the lock up so could make sense (but yes hopefully stock pics)

Lost my hearing aid in 2014 on the Wednesday, I think it was when I was wristbanded as I had to remove my sunglasses. Reported it to Lost Property and was amazed to received a small package in later that year in September. It was my hearing aid and once I inserted a new battery it worked! I had in the meantime got a replacement so I now had a spare! 👍

4 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

Lost my hearing aid in 2014 on the Wednesday, I think it was when I was wristbanded as I had to remove my sunglasses. Reported it to Lost Property and was amazed to received a small package in later that year in September. It was my hearing aid and once I inserted a new battery it worked! I had in the meantime got a replacement so I now had a spare! 👍

How did you manage at the festival that year ? Breaking my glasses on the Thurs this year and wearing my prescription sunnies wasn’t easy … but at least I had a spare of some description 

19 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

How did you manage at the festival that year ? Breaking my glasses on the Thurs this year and wearing my prescription sunnies wasn’t easy … but at least I had a spare of some description 

I could hear in my right ear back then so it wasn't too bad! I now carry a spare pair just in case! I also wear Deaf Metal earrings which are attached to my aids just in case! 

My husband managed to lose his prescription sunglasses this year so had to resort to wearing a pair of my oversized non prescription sunglasses on top! Let's hope Lost Property manage to locate them! 

Lost my wallet in 2011, never even reported it lost and then about 6 months later completely out of the blue it arrived to my house in the post. Most of the mud had been removed but not quite all. Only cards in it were cancelled and I'd gotten a new drivers license. My house key and a few pound coins in there though which was nice 

59 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Haha... I did exactly the same thing in 2017.. lost my glasses on the Thursday Eve and spent the whole weekend in my prescription sunglasses.. it wasn't easy after dark to see 🤣🤣🤣

13 minutes ago, plaskins said:

Haha... I did exactly the same thing in 2017.. lost my glasses on the Thursday Eve and spent the whole weekend in my prescription sunglasses.. it wasn't easy after dark to see 🤣🤣🤣

You see quite a lot of people wearing sunnies at night … no idea how they do it !!!  We not only managed to find my glasses … we also managed to find the lens that had popped out … in the dark at 3am in a bar … I say we … I mean my mate ..as my capability was limited . I should really have attempted to fix them 

• Like 1

I lost my car keys on the Wednesday 2008. I went to lost property the next day and they already had a box of keys to look through. They offered me some cheese on toast while I looked through them. Unfortunately they weren’t there so I left my details. A month after the festival the keys came through the post with a lovely note basically saying I hope these were what you were looking for and if not send them back. Where else would you get customer service like that than Glastonbury.

Edited by hogga
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

You see quite a lot of people wearing sunnies at night … no idea how they do it !!!  We not only managed to find my glasses … we also managed to find the lens that had popped out … in the dark at 3am in a bar … I say we … I mean my mate ..as my capability was limited . I should really have attempted to fix them 

Love the stories about things being returned on here.. I went to lost property at the farm twice in 2017 they weren't there or handed in.. never appeared in the post either 😅 I was laughing telling random people the story of why I was wearing sunglasses 24/7. Luckily I didn't loose my specs this year. Bonus 👍🏻

• Like 1

My partner's Fitbit just showed up in the post - the strap broke and it fell off somewhere near the other stage.

It's a bit battered but otherwise seems ok! If the person who found it and handed it in is reading this, thanks very much! 🙂

image.thumb.png.78f873b2d2b5e8299960dbd8ef5b60d5.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Cheesey said:

My partner's Fitbit just showed up in the post - the strap broke and it fell off somewhere near the other stage.

It's a bit battered but otherwise seems ok! If the person who found it and handed it in is reading this, thanks very much! 🙂

Nice one! My Garmin came off in a mosh pit in Prague watching Fontaine's DC. I was on my knees (shiters) and somehow spotted it. 

They need to sort some festival / beer proof couplings out 

not only are they great, but the true legends are your fellow attendees who quickly return items. I woke up in my tent realizing I had lost my wallet on a big Thursday night 2010, and so that Friday morning, hoping for a complete miracle, I ventured out to their hq and it was there. This being someone travelling from the US, attending by himself at the festival... lucky result and I'm one who always speaks so highly of the lost property crew and the part played by attendees

2 hours ago, Cheesey said:

How did they link it back to your partner - did they report it missing with a description & they found it? Or were they able to identify the owner somehow from the device itself?

Would be useful info for future 🙂

2 hours ago, jimmillen said:

How did they link it back to your partner - did they report it missing with a description & they found it? Or were they able to identify the owner somehow from the device itself?

Hopefully not

2 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Hopefully not

I dunno, possibly there’s a “safe” way to do it - like with phones putting an alternative contact number as the lock screen background. 🤷‍♂️ 

Keen to learn any lessons that might help me get lost stuff back in future. 

8 hours ago, jimmillen said:

She filed a report describing it and roughly where it came off. Seemed that was enough info. The custom wristband probably helped 👍