1st time & repeat pyramid headliners

swede

On 7/22/2022 at 8:32 AM, sfroml said:

Personally speaking I think they try to stay too relevant and end up with really overproduced albums with too many engineers and producers tinkering around with what would be brilliant bare bones songs. That Innocence + Experience live show was fabulous. 

I agree with the overproduced comment. Seemingly they have just signed up for a Las Vegas residency in a new state of the art theatre. Not sure I like the sound of that too much..

1 hour ago, RatingsAndMoney said:

U2 are one of the few bands left on my “haven’t seen live yet” list. What is their normal gap between album/tour? Do we expect them to be releasing new stuff and touring in 2023? 

Doing a bunch of Vegas shows next year. Not sure if that means a new album and proper tour is on the way or if they’re just making a bit of easy money doing a residency in one venue for a bit.

On 7/24/2022 at 8:11 AM, RatingsAndMoney said:

U2 are one of the few bands left on my “haven’t seen live yet” list. What is their normal gap between album/tour? Do we expect them to be releasing new stuff and touring in 2023? 

Bono's releasing his memoirs in November and rumour is its being accompanied by an album of (deep breath)... reimagined and acoustic variations on their greatest hits and some deep cuts with some new songs (it's meant to have 40 songs on it) so my guess is the vegas residency/new tour will be whatever that is so you'll get the hits reimagined/acoustic with some new songs

On 7/24/2022 at 10:45 AM, Porcelina said:

After seeing Haim at the O2 on Thursday, I could absolutely see them being given the keys if the next album does anything like as well as the last.

I thought the most recent album died on its arse, very surprised they managed to sell out The O2 on the back of it! Maybe the track on Evermore gave them more of a boost than I realised. Still don’t think they’ll headline the Pyramid though. 

Can definitely see Wet Leg and O-Rod doing it in the near future if they maintain their current trajectories (big if though).

In terms of ‘on the rise’ female solo singers not called Dua Lipa.. Sigrid, Janelle Monae, Phoebe Bridgers and Rina Sawayama would all nail it, much as it’s probably unlikely any of them will ever be big enough. 

Also think anyone ruling out George Ezra is being very optimistic. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

27 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

I thought the most recent album died on its arse, very surprised they managed to sell out The O2 on the back of it! Maybe the track on Evermore gave them more of a boost than I realised.

There weren't any big git singles off it but it was a real critical success.

Glasgow gig was a long way from sold out tbf.

28 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

In terms of ‘on the rise’ female solo singers not called Dua Lipa.. Sigrid, Janelle Monae, Phoebe Bridgers and Rina Sawayama would all nail it, much as it’s probably unlikely any of them will ever be big enough. 

Now there's a proper shout, at last

On 7/24/2022 at 6:51 AM, Watergirl said:

I agree with the overproduced comment. Seemingly they have just signed up for a Las Vegas residency in a new state of the art theatre. Not sure I like the sound of that too much..

He has turned in to Macphisto - his art has become his reality 

Not really sure how I feel about it. If reading rumours is anything to go by, it's not a traditional residency as in multiple consecutive nights and more multiple dates spread of months 

It's what happens when you sell your soul to Live Nation. 

Edited by Digi

2 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Would be a guaranteed all timer of a set if she did it. Sadly I fear her ongoing habit of leaving huge gaps inbetween albums will mean it never happens. 

Saw her on West Holts in 2019(?) having never even heard of her previously, amazing set.

5 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Saw her on West Holts in 2019(?) having never even heard of her previously, amazing set.

She’s incredible. The black and white performances during the Electric Lady tour were really something else, even compared to the Dirty Computer shows. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

6 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Would be a guaranteed all timer of a set if she did it. Sadly I fear her ongoing habit of leaving huge gaps inbetween albums will mean it never happens. 

That and the fact she isn't really on any sort of accelerating trajectory to the toppermost of the poppermost. 

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

That and the fact she isn't really on any sort of accelerating trajectory to the toppermost of the poppermost. 

Well yeah but the big gaps between albums is probably the primary reason for that. If she released music (and toured) as frequently as, say, Foals then I’ve no doubt she’d be up there in contention. 

2 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Well yeah but the big gaps between albums is probably the primary reason for that. If she released music (and toured) as frequently as, say, Foals then I’ve no doubt she’d be up there in contention. 

She's never had a hit single - either in the states or over here.  

Lizzo is far more in the ballpark.