Fancy/cross dressing at Glastonbury, enlighten a foreigner

moogster

14 hours ago, moogster said:

Follow up question: there was cross dressing in Little Britain ("but I'm a lady") and I know the show is frowned upon these days. Does that include those specific characters too? 

Well, I haven't heard anything negative about those characters. However, that doesn't say much as reading anything about Little Britain (or anything else on tv) wouldn't really be on my agenda.

I'm one of those guys who was always kind of drawn to crossdressing from a very young age but never enough to actually commit to it in any meaningful way (there's a lot of us, we just rarely talk about it). It's fair to say I always jump at these kind of opportunities, without making it too obvious that I'm jumping.

Edited by Serenefishy
  • Like 1

Cross dressing plays a big part in military life especially a Christmas and unit concerts. There are always plenty of volunteers to play play the female parts even in units with women.

I am reminded of a story by a friend I was visiting. He showed me a few pictures one of which was of him in a very sexy dress with heels and a wig. His medical unit was on a camp in Norfolk and the officers at a local RAF base found out and invited all the nurses to a dance at their officers mess. Little did they know that it was an all male unit and a pretty tough one at that. 

On the day of the function the 40 or so nurses got dressed up in dresses and heels with many buying wigs and sexy underwear. The RAF had laid on a bus for them and I can only imagine what it must have looked like for these burly fit blokes arriving at the base and I was told the look on the RAF lads was a picture. The officers were all in mess dress and they all sat on one side of the mess with all the "nurses" on the other. They all just sat looking at each other until a bruiser of a guy called Tom approached a pilot. I knew Tom. He was a 6ft 5 Geordie and built like a shit house. He sat on the pilots knee and said "If you buy me a drink I am yours for the night". 

Apparently what followed was a really good night of drinking and dancing although my mate did say some of the officers got a little handsy. The RAF paid for the mess bill so it must have been a good night.

I was just surprised that the nurses managed to find shoes and dresses that would fit at very short notice with no major town nearby. Apparently they did each others makeup as well. Where the fuck the wigs came from I dared not ask.

As for me I have never really bothered although when I used to surprise my ex wife with a dress I would often try it on as she is a big girl and if it fits me it will fit here, especially one size fits all.

As for kilts. I have a couple from working at festivals that my friends bought me. They work in them all year round and I have one that is really light and airy. When I was in the first Gulf I served with a Scottish unit and at start many of the men wore kilts. I tried one and they were really comfortable in the heat but totally impractical when we needed to wear chemical warfare suits over them. Off topic but I wear pants under mine. My knob tends to chaff against the kilt and if 100 percent wool leaves me a little sore.

• Upvote 1

Didn't really think about how fancy dress was part of the nation's psyche, but I saw a video a few years ago from the 80s of Birmingham City football fans having a massive brawl on the pitch, and they were all dressed as members of KISS, or Mary Poppins or Worzel Gummidge and whatnot

On 7/20/2022 at 3:17 PM, moogster said:

Is it like this at all fests or is it more a Glastonbury thing?

Shambala have "freedom Friday", it's encouraged for both men to dress as women and vice versa.

Not really a fan of bearded men in big boots and a flowery dress over jeans myself.