Favourite Festival Foods?

paperboats87

On 7/16/2022 at 10:30 AM, The Nal said:

Same. First festival ive seen queues that bad, almost everywhere all the time.

Certainly was. One night at my favourite pizza place near Gate C I waited 45 minutes, and I wasn’t even the longest wait. No more pizza after that experience. 

3 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Certainly was. One night at my favourite pizza place near Gate C I waited 45 minutes, and I wasn’t even the longest wait. No more pizza after that experience. 

Those pizzas did look good though, I really wanted one but couldn't be bothered queuing up. I had a bratwurst from the place next door which for £5 was actually really good but wouldn't pay an extra £4 just for onions and a bit of cheese 🤣

16 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Yep went there a couple of times at "off peak" times after pizza but ended up with hotdogs and falafal instead due to the queues. Was the same all over the site. Not enough food vendors. 

13 hours ago, gazzared said:

Those pizzas did look good though, I really wanted one but couldn't be bothered queuing up. I had a bratwurst from the place next door which for £5 was actually really good but wouldn't pay an extra £4 just for onions and a bit of cheese 🤣

The Bratwurst were great value, agree the extras weren't worth the money

Agree about the queues. Pretty horrific, worst ever in my 14 Glastonburys . I’m usually in the mood for a good brunch around midday. The Shakshuka breakfast from the Lebanese stall in The Park was absolutely incredible. Thick tomato and pepper sauce, poached egg, salad, warm flatbread. I got stopped several times while I was eating it and asked where I got it from. Inspired to try and make it at home now. 

(PS- I hate pizza)

1 minute ago, phillyfaddle said:

Agree about the queues. Pretty horrific, worst ever in my 14 Glastonburys . I’m usually in the mood for a good brunch around midday. The Shakshuka breakfast from the Lebanese stall in The Park was absolutely incredible. Thick tomato and pepper sauce, poached egg, salad, warm flatbread. I got stopped several times while I was eating it and asked where I got it from. Inspired to try and make it at home now. 

(PS- I hate pizza)

I’ve made Shakshuka for breakfast quite a bit, absolutely love it. Dead easy. Makes a great hangover breakfast if needed. 😉

20 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

I’ve made Shakshuka for breakfast quite a bit, absolutely love it. Dead easy. Makes a great hangover breakfast if needed. 😉

Did you follow a particular recipe or just make your own version? I agree, a banging hangover cure 😊

1 minute ago, phillyfaddle said:

Did you follow a particular recipe or just make your own version? I agree, a banging hangover cure 😊

Pretty much just freestyle it depending on what I have in the fridge/cupboards 😂

Prob my favourite variation was when I had some chorizo & chucked that in - totally inauthentic for Lebanese flavours, but my goodness it was tasty. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

Pretty much just freestyle it depending on what I have in the fridge/cupboards 😂

Prob my favourite variation was when I had some chorizo & chucked that in - totally inauthentic for Lebanese flavours, but my goodness it was tasty. 

Chorizo…excellent shout. Will try that.

Monday morning got a banana and Nutella crepe from the place next to lonely hearts club. Probably the best decision of the weekend as it was the perfect pick me up for the way home and is going to become our new group tradition for that Monday morning.

I have to say if there are things I want to avoid at a festival is things I (think I) do better/good enough myself, basically burgers, pasta etc. I now need to up my pizza game. Almost there. Just need to slightly improve my dough game. But can't compete with those big ovens.

1 minute ago, moogster said:

I have to say if there are things I want to avoid at a festival is things I (think I) do better/good enough myself, basically burgers, pasta etc. I now need to up my pizza game. Almost there. Just need to slightly improve my dough game. But can't compete with those big ovens.

Ive an Ooni oven and it stands up to most pizza stalls. Great bit of kit.