Neil Young 2023

Bomei

4 hours ago, eddie_corrigan said:

With poncho retired and working on the assumption ch tour next year they’ll need another guitarist as I’m guessing nils will be booked out for the year with Bruce. 

There were rumours one of the Nelsons (think it was Micah) would be drafted in if Neil was to ever tour again.

On 7/9/2022 at 5:54 PM, henry bear said:

I saw them in 2013 too and no, the set wasn’t full of crowd pleasers.

However, I saw them headline the Phoenix Festival in 1996 and apart from 3 from the then new album, it was classic Shakey. He knows what works for a festival crowd.

767B0CDE-685B-4C0E-87F3-D401046D5392.jpeg

Wow what an awesome set. Music Arcade is one of my favourite deep cuts and Danger Bird in the encore!

19 hours ago, judyblue110 said:

Never happened. I was there. Psychedelic Pill was like 5 minutes long. 

Neil won't be touring again any time soon, unfortunately.

Yeah I'm not sure what is happening in regards to touring as he stated earlier this year that there are no plans to tour due to covid, but with everyone back out there and making the money he may want to get out there next year. I think the most likely scenario would be for Lukas Nelson from POTR to fill in for Nils if he is busy with Bruce or just go out there again with POTR if Ralph and Billy aren't up for it.

Although Neil isn't touring right now he isn't slowing down with releasing music from the archives. Every month there is something coming it seems - Toast was released on Friday, Noise & Flowers (POTR live album) coming next month and he is busy working on a lot more stuff such as the next volume of the archives. IF he is touring again I don't think he would do Glasto but who knows - he does what he wants when he wants. A Neil Young/Pearl Jam night at the Pyramid would be unreal. I was actually thinking to myself about an hour ago that Pearl Jam are gonna headline one year soon after smashing it at Hyde Park, and I selfishly want it as I still haven't seen them live.

Edited by When Jokers Attack

3 hours ago, balti-pie said:

Neil Young and Pearl Jam on the pyramid would be absolute 100% dream stuff, best possible headliner, fantasy league pick, double live gonzo. 

4 hours ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Wow what an awesome set. Music Arcade is one of my favourite deep cuts and Danger Bird in the encore!

Yeah I'm not sure what is happening in regards to touring as he stated earlier this year that there are no plans to tour due to covid, but with everyone back out there and making the money he may want to get out there next year. I think the most likely scenario would be for Lukas Nelson from POTR to fill in for Nils if he is busy with Bruce or just go out there again with POTR if Ralph and Billy aren't up for it.

Although Neil isn't touring right now he isn't slowing down with releasing music from the archives. Every month there is something coming it seems - Toast was released on Friday, Noise & Flowers (POTR live album) coming next month and he is busy working on a lot more stuff such as the next volume of the archives. IF he is touring again I don't think he would do Glasto but who knows - he does what he wants when he wants. A Neil Young/Pearl Jam night at the Pyramid would be unreal. I was actually thinking to myself about an hour ago that Pearl Jam are gonna headline one year soon after smashing it at Hyde Park, and I selfishly want it as I still haven't seen them live.

Pearl Jam didn’t half smash it, went both nights incredible!!

On 7/9/2022 at 5:54 PM, henry bear said:

I saw them in 2013 too and no, the set wasn’t full of crowd pleasers.

However, I saw them headline the Phoenix Festival in 1996 and apart from 3 from the then new album, it was classic Shakey. He knows what works for a festival crowd.

767B0CDE-685B-4C0E-87F3-D401046D5392.jpeg

fuck me this setlist! 

I'd be all over a NY return to glastonbury, especially with crazy horse - although feel it unlikely 

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Would struggle to contain my rage if I was settling into watching an evening of the Neilster and a grunge man came out bellowing about boys named Jeremy and the colour black.

Ill be scrupulously honest here, i dont care about your rage 😊 id be absolutely priapic at the majesty of it all #neiljam