Which is a bigger slot - pyramid sub or other headline?

gfa

Which is bigger?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. What slot is bigger?

• Pyramid Sub-headliner
    • Other Headliner

16 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Absolute nonsense. Those I've bolded have all been massive at some point. Just everyone in the country can name a PSB tune and most can sing a long. New Order produced the biggest selling dance single of all time, one that will always fill a floor.

Looks like you're one of those types that live under a bridge.

I can sing along to Mr Blobby, doesn't make him any good. New Order are one of the worst live acts you will ever see. And I say that as someone who has never seen them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I can sing along to Mr Blobby, doesn't make him any good. New Order are one of the worst live acts you will ever see. And I say that as someone who has never seen them.

Okay I give up.

Thankfully I'm unlikely to ever meet you.

12 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

Here’s a question has any other headliner or pyramid sub gone on to headline the pointy one?

A weird one as it never actually happened and she hasn't headlined yet, but Dua Lipa was down to headline the Other in 2020 and her headlining feels inevitable within the next couple of years.

41 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

With the best will in the world, they're an infamously iffy live outfit.

Yep when they headlined The Other Stage I wasn’t very impressed. However, have to say they were very good at Heaton Park last year. 

Define “bigger”. If you’re a headliner you know that crowd is yours. If you’re sub, a large proportion are waiting for the headliner. I’ve seen some awkward subs, most notably The Black Keys in 2014 where the crowd just wanted Kasabian. They would have been an ideal Other headliner at that time

7 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

With the best will in the world, they're an infamously iffy live outfit.

Fair point. I've seen them live about 16 times. Sometimes they've been fantastic, sometimes they've been average. They're still my favourite band of all time though!

Bigger in terms of indicator of mainstream success Pyramid sub, better (imo at least) Other. 

I think it depends on the artist to some degree. For an Elbow or Noel Gallagher, Pyramid sub is a huge slot but Other headline far better for the likes of The Chems or LCD.

i don’t recall anyone ever listing a Pyramid sub in their favourite ever performances.