Vegans on the farm…..

PassingCloud

3 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

I’m fascinated by the parentheses around hummus. Are you doubting that hummus exists? Or that he is into hummus at all? I must know what you’re moaning about here. 

I had never heard of it, im common as muck. My diet is mostly cheeseburgers, pizza and Findus ready meals. Although, i would draw the line at enjoying a pie with ingredients including factory made sauce meant to mimic cuisine from India. 

10 minutes ago, CauliflowerEar said:

Oh look! This guy has posted the most incredibly original meme of Michael Jackson eating popcorn! You sir, are a maverick and downright rib tickling funny 🙌

Cheers, fella.

Might go outside and steal my neighbour's garden gnome now and brag about it on an internet forum, despite being minted and because I look well-'ard, just to top this Sunday night off!

10 minutes ago, zico martin said:

Cows spending their lives being continually impregnated and then having their calves stolen and most commonly killed to prevent them using the milk which can be sold isnt exactly a good life is it?

Isn't that the initial point of the OP of this thread and how vegans can reconcile attending the festival

11 minutes ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

Isn't that the initial point of the OP of this thread and how vegans can reconcile attending the festival

Oh ok sorry, i reconcile that by giving my money to a dairy farmer to do something which isnt dairy farming. In the same way i could buy a mcplant burger as an alternative to killing one extra cow.

2 minutes ago, zico martin said:

Oh ok sorry, i reconcile that by giving my money to a dairy farmer to do something which isnt dairy farming. In the same way i could buy a mcplant burger as an alternative to killing one extra cow.

Yep but if no one bought anything at McDonald's it wouldn't be a thing etc 

12 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Well now you are changing what we are talking about as that's not torture by any measure.

So you are pointing to questionable farming practices.  I am mean personally I try to make ethical  choices like opting for free range products etc because I don't like every practice in the farming industry.  I also buy more direct from my local farm over supermarkets as I know more about where my food comes from and how it go on my plate.  Plus it's a better product.

This is all a lot more grown up than saying its all bad and rejecting it all.

You do sound like you have just fallen for a shed load of propaganda from  the usual nutters rather than giving it all a little more thought.

But it is all bad. The phrase 'free range' is a marketing tool to make people feel less guilty about the farming of animals, it certainly isn't proof that they have fun fulfilling lives. Or is that only a need of human animals?

1 minute ago, zico martin said:

Or if people only bought mcplant burgers big macs wouldnt be a thing etc

Yep exactly. I think we are trying to say the same thing from different angles. You have it sussed. But im saying if Mcdonalds as a burger chain didnt exist there would be a lot less meat eaten cos people are lazy. You are saying if people thought about it they could choose veggie options - but people dontc think mostly is where im coming from 

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Of course...  but Eavis was struggling pre glastonbury.  It was one of the reasons the festival started.  Given how many dairy farms have failed its quite possible this one wouldn't be here now 

Yeah but that was 1970. He could flog some land for housing and be quids in . 900 acres 

6 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Of course...  but Eavis was struggling pre glastonbury.  It was one of the reasons the festival started.  Given how many dairy farms have failed its quite possible this one wouldn't be here now 

None of us can say for sure of course, but every festival prior to CND getting involved in 1981 actually cost the farm money. So not sure that the struggles of 1970 are an indication.

6 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

So basicallg you want happy chickens?

I mean it's a lovely sentiment...

I don't really take issue with youre fundlemental stance against it all.  I just think you need to look at how much propaganda you are absorbing and sadly spreading. 

And you have to accept your a bit of a hypocritic going partying at the cow farm and funding the cow farm 

I hope i explained my justification of going to glastonbury earlier.

With regards vegan propaganda i dont think torturing and killing animals is just or justified so i try and limit it where i can. Whats wrong with that?

40 minutes ago, CauliflowerEar said:

I had never heard of it, im common as muck. My diet is mostly cheeseburgers, pizza and Findus ready meals. Although, i would draw the line at enjoying a pie with ingredients including factory made sauce meant to mimic cuisine from India. 

I was happy for you to pretend to rob people 

happy to tolerate the hard man act

willing to go with the drugs/hedonism nonsense 

and for you to slag vegans off in the name of comedy 

but now you’ve gone for balti pies, and you’ve made an enemy of me, dammit 🤬  curry is a perfectly cromulent filling for a pie, and on this hill I will die! 

4 minutes ago, zico martin said:

I hope i explained my justification of going to glastonbury earlier.

With regards vegan propaganda i dont think torturing and killing animals is just or justified so i try and limit it where i can. Whats wrong with that?

I've worked in both the fishing and the meat industry and torturing animals results in a tainted quality meat. For instance if you beat a pig he produces hydrogen peroxide and he serious bruising which taints the meat. I I'm a believer in utilising all organisms for a diet the people that do it in an unethical where do it to cost

In saying that farmers produce their crops for the maximum cost hence we have GM and the use of roundup

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

If its not meat and potato is it even a pie? 

Pukka pies ruined pies 😜 

Meat and potato is an ok pie, I don’t mind it, they tend to be excessively heavy though - I had one at Stoke away once and there’s no way on earth you could eat two, it was an absolute stomach full of stodge. Obvs it was the best thing about Stoke 🤣 

3 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Meat and potato is an ok pie, I don’t mind it, they tend to be excessively heavy though - I had one at Stoke away once and there’s no way on earth you could eat two, it was an absolute stomach full of stodge. Obvs it was the best thing about Stoke 🤣 

I beg to differ.....the pie place by Williams green had buy one get one free at about 2am....I got two and planned to eat one the next day, both were ate on the depressing walk upto gate A shuttle bus 🤣

Just now, gazzared said:

I beg to differ.....the pie place by Williams green had buy one get one free at about 2am....I got two and planned to eat one the next day, both were ate on the depressing walk upto gate A shuttle bus 🤣

Oi, no pie professionals! 

Just now, Barry Fish said:

Lol agree on Stoke...

Are you from down south ?

I am from down south. That doesn’t necessarily make me a southerner, though. I have a full and deep appreciation for the pastry arts from lots of areas of the country, from up hill to down dale, from highland league to Devon county 

Just now, gazzared said:

Did you take time I'm too spend at the cattle sheds.. those poor cows knowing their friends going all over the country. 

I do miss the festival mix milk in the morning

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

Kind of makes sense...  all you southerns seem to struggle with proper pies lol...

Look mate you haven't lived until you have had a pie barm...  now that's proper stodge...

image.png.d707a3fd7c97c3b8ad7124344a848615.png

I’ve had a pie barm, though admittedly it was called a Wigan kebab - very decent, but does necessitate a bit of extra moisture - mushy peas, gravy, perhaps a dollop of jerk sauce? Marvellous though. 

I made a three course pie dinner a couple of years ago for national pie week (normally mid march, fact fans) and I had a pork pie and salad starter, steak and ale pie, mash and peas main, and apple pie and custard for pudding. (I have a breville pie maker so make my own pies. Yes, this is a brag, I’ll admit it)