Vegans on the farm…..

PassingCloud

15 hours ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

I have no problem with it but I accept other people do and at least I'm honest that even the dairy industry kills cattle all the time. 

Sorry, wasn't meant to be so curt, was replying quickly before bed and that's all I could think of 😉

Nothing else to add to the discussion tho. People are meat eaters, it's healthy (in the right amount), there's also a cultural element to it, and if people really can't bring themselves to go to the farm because of that, or get irate because they see the milk wagon going around, then maybe they should stay at home. If they're expecting everyone to hop tail it to appease their anger, then they're going to waiting a long time.

41 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I think @clarkete and @CauliflowerEar need to have some angry make up sex or something 🙂  Of course followed by a good meat free breakfast!

Oh and you are in trouble now @CauliflowerEar - @sime is now down voting you and will be stalking you like a love sick teenager for the rest of your efestival life now 😄 

Why does the vegan thread have to always become the weirdest!? Hahaha

55 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I think @clarkete and @CauliflowerEar need to have some angry make up sex or something 🙂  Of course followed by a good meat free breakfast!

Oh and you are in trouble now @CauliflowerEar - @sime is now down voting you and will be stalking you like a love sick teenager for the rest of your efestival life now 😄 

Grow a pair and suck it up trollie boy...

Edited by sime

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

Not much chance of that, unless @clarketeis a fan of cottage cheese, which tends to form downstairs during the festival. @clarketeis free to taste a bit of my meat at any other time however 😋

On 7/7/2022 at 11:01 PM, Smeble said:

Veganism seems to be like a religion to some, and like most religious people they find it impossible to keep their views to themselves. They, for some reason, feel the need to try to ‘convert’ 🙄🙄 everyone they meet( so tempted to do a pun here). So it’s a little surprising how easy they put their beliefs aside for the sake of a piss up in a field, hey ho.

As for the environmental side of veganism it’s vastly over stated, yes anyone with eyes can see we eat far too much meat, and the intensive farming that is needed to fulfil that need is a disaster in the making. However if humans went vegan that would also be an environmental disaster, first off the sheer numbers of animals that would be slaughtered would be astronomical, surely no vegan wants that, plus where do people think all the food will be grown, we certainly won’t be putting land back to rainforest that’s for sure, then there’s the impact on us as a species, there’s a reason we are the most intelligent and powerful creature on the planet, our diet, which created our large brains, we are omnivores, you only have to look at your own teeth to see we have evolved to eat meat, we also don’t have the stomachs or bacteria to digest plant matter and we are intelligent because of the meat we eat. Almost every intelligent animal on the planet eats meat, that’s no coincidence.

I wonder how vegans view other animals that eat meat? Or is is just humnans they despise?

You're bang on here. Its very peculiar how vegans enjoy to hate other humans who eat animals, but seemingly don't have an issue with animals eating other animals. Absolutely ridiculous. Its likely we have always eaten meat as a species, so for a tiny minority of people to turn around millennia down the line and start trying to tell everyone it is wrong is farcical. 

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

Love you saddo 😄  xxx

You see, I usually do not respond to attention seeking trolls. I don't like the negativity that your type spread.

However, before I block you (long overdue) I just wanted you to know that I know what you are. And your aims. If I am wrong, then why else would you have bothered to downvote two of my perfectly inoccuous posts in other threads unless as some sort of immature revenge? Odd behaviour...

Now I realise I am feeding your little troll ego with this reply but I just needed you to see that I see you quite clearly for the immature and pointless forum poster that you are.

I will await your oh so "clever" (ha!) reply just so that I can confirm my reasoning for blocking you. After which, my enjoyment of this forum will return.

Goodbye "Barry"...

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

You mean you don't agree with me and creating an echo chamber or safe space for yourself lol.  Bless. Enjoy .  I will miss the constant down votes despite what I post.

Weak troll argument you have just made there. I've heard it all before...

Just now, Barry Fish said:

Blah blah blah   you are so weak

Why would I be bothered by an insult from a troll!?! Odd! I do hope that eventually you lose this constantly negative immaturity.

14 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Not agreeing with someone doesn't make them a troll.

I would say it's more immature to downvote someone without explaining why but you are clearly that man.

Ok ok. Last reply from me as this conversation is going in circles.

I have only ever downvoted your troll posts (of which there have unfortunately been many) rather than engage with you because as I previously said, I do not make conversation with trolls. On those rare occasions when a sense of maturity or insight is made by you, those posts, I've never touched. If you wonder why I have not given those posts an upvote, it's because your trolling outweighs any good.

You are a troll not because you disagree with someone (old argument) but because you deliberately stoke division to cause upset and seek attention. If you say you are not doing this, then you are lying to yourself.

Anyway, the floor is yours to have your final little say about echo chambers, not being a troll, me being weak or whatever. After which, I will not respond (no point) and our conversation here will be concluded.

Bye "Barry".

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sime said:

Ok ok. Last reply from me as this conversation is going in circles.

I have only ever downvoted your troll posts (of which there have unfortunately been many) rather than engage with you because as I previously said, I do not make conversation with trolls. On those rare occasions when a sense of maturity or insight is made by you, those posts, I've never touched. If you wonder why I have not given those posts an upvote, it's because your trolling outweighs any good.

You are a troll not because you disagree with someone (old argument) but because you deliberately stoke division to cause upset and seek attention. If you say you are not doing this, then you are lying to yourself.

Anyway, the floor is yours to have your final little say about echo chambers, not being a troll, me being weak or whatever. After which, I will not respond (no point) and our conversation here will be concluded.

Bye "Barry".

Try to ignore little Tommy Tadpole. He's only here because Neil finds him easy to run circles around and it's faintly amusing to see him wailing on about how his wife has a hard time in an easy profession. 

• Upvote 1

Humans don't naturally eat animals though, they only started to do that after discovering fire.  Of course in most societies it is accepted and encouraged but its not normal or ethical right.  Obviously its different for other animals who are biologically designed and need to eat other animals for their survival. Being vegan is based on scientific fact, a religion is based on stories and crazy believes so there is a difference like 🙂

That isn't true.  We know humans ate raw meat way before we knew how to create fire.  

I haven't seen this reported anyway and was lead to believe that eating raw meat was bad for humans.  I have read that they initially had a plant based diet - have you reading more propaganda for the farming industry by any chance?

5 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Fair enough...

But just a thought.. you knee jerked said to me had I been taken in by propaganda from the meat industry while stating Holy inaccurate stuff.  Have you thought you may have been taken in by the propaganda of the anti meat / farming fundamentalists who lie and state inaccurate rubbish?  Worth considering...

We need to reduce meat consumption for sure but i think its more environmental reasons.

I wasn't singling you out for being taken in by propaganda, our whole society is told from an early age how we get the food we need from farms. Ethics>environmental issues though of course, thankfully they are in alignment on this issue though.  Health issues in addition point to the 'right' way to eat 🙂

Edited by zico martin

So how did you break this mold ?   Its tell tale you said the above which isn't true.  Someone told you how to think in the opposite.  Your not above someone else's propaganda.

I think your wrong on the health point.  Meat as part of a balanced diet is good for you.  

There is plenty of plant based stuff around that is terrible for you.  

I'm not saying all vegan food is healthy of course, humans have become accustomed to fast food and you can still eat rubbish without torturing and killing animals which is a positive surely. 

Propaganda from the farming industry and the governments financed by this is makes financial sense, what have vegans got to gain from spreading misinformation?

5 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Torturing?  I mean seriously there is so little evidence for that in the modern farming industry.  This is misinformation.  It's classic propaganda stuff and that's no doubt why you think this.

If you are against killing of animals I can understand that but when you say they are tortured it's clear your being spoon feed rubbish.  Just like with your comment about humans above.

What do vegans have to gain ?  Well they don't want animals used as comoddities...  it's easier to lie and make sensational false claims than  make good legitimate points.  

Lol you really dont think animals are tortured in the meat and dairy industry? I guess your definition of torture must be different to mine then. Why do you think vegans don't want to think of animals as commodities if as you imply it is ethically right to do so?

Just now, zico martin said:

Lol you really dont think animals are tortured in the meat and dairy industry? I guess your definition of torture must be different to mine then. Why do you think vegans don't want to think of animals as commodities if as you imply it is ethically right to do so?

I'm not on some kind of loony crusade to convert everyone to doing the right thing BTW but can't ignore someone so strongly against animal rights. 

6 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Torturing is something that isnt as quick and as painless as possible during slaughter.  If nothing else the farming industry is ruthlessly efficient so it makes money.  There is no money in it taking longer to kill an animal than required.

Have you seen how a modern  farm quickly stuns and slaughters animals? It's all regulated and little space for suffering.

I am not against animal rights.  I am just not falling for the lies of certain  fundamental organisations you have been listening too.

Cows spending their lives being continually impregnated and then having their calves stolen and most commonly killed to prevent them using the milk which can be sold isnt exactly a good life is it?

14 minutes ago, CauliflowerEar said:

Careful man. You are arguing with a bloke that is into naturism, 'hummus' and blueberries. I'd pick your battles if i were you 😂

I’m fascinated by the parentheses around hummus. Are you doubting that hummus exists? Or that he is into hummus at all? I must know what you’re moaning about here.