Blink 182

Palebluedot

34 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Diabolical live.

Disagree, although it was a long time ago I saw them. Stick them on Other, not JP. They'd have the draw. Similar to Libertines slot this year. 

Edited by blutarsky
typo

I'd argue, even with Matt Skiba in for Tom DeLonge, they'd be too big for the John Peel tent.

They would be a fun booking if you could get the slot right, mind - messy, fast, loose, likely to bring along some singalongs - and obviously when all band members concerned are back to good health.

Feeling This
The Rock Show
Cynical
What's My Age Again?
First Date
Bored to Death
Down
Adam's Song
I Miss You
Dumpweed
Violence
Always
Reckless Abandon
All the Small Things
Damnit

Yeah, I could vibe on that.

16 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Disagree, although it was a long time ago I saw them. Stick them on Other, not SP. They'd have the draw. Similar to Libertines slot this year. 

I haven't seen them live, but I've watched a few of their performances on YouTube, they do kind of murder small things and a few other songs... The vocals just sound way way off. But on the other hand damn it sounds incredible live... 

I put it down to some songs just being a bit easier for him live than others... 🤷‍♂️

One of my favourite bands of all time, and definitely woeful live unless you’re in amongst it and can’t really tell!

I don’t really think they’re a band worthy of the slot they’d likely command, especially with Skiba. When you bring in Mark’s recent battle with cancer and Travis’ new involvements/reluctance to fly, it seems pretty unlikely.

I can’t even see them headlining R&L again (although maybe with the 6 headliner thing) unless Tom came back, and I also would be surprised to see them take a lower spot.

Overall I think it’s pretty unlikely they’d make all the effort for a smaller slot, and they’re no longer relevant enough for a bigger one.

Edited by mttJ

No chance in hell they play John Peel. Other headliner for sure cause they would headline Reading/Leeds. Even 3rd down on Pyramid at worst if it includes DeLonge. Green Day would headline by all accounts and Blink wouldnt be that far below them

Edited by Suprefan

Thought they were quality live when I saw them (with Skiba) but then they're one of those bands you just scream out every word and don't really notice how they actually sound.

Could see them maybe do that Miley/Katy Perry Sunday slot where they throw in a random big name act.

Seen them at 3 Reading's over the years and had a blast every time. Definitely helps to be half cut in a crowd singing along rather than watching at home.

I think they're at least still at that APE Headliner, Sub/ Other headliner level. But maybe if they played they'd take a smaller slot for demographic reasons. 

1 minute ago, Henrik said:

Why is Travis a c**t? What did I miss? 

I struggle to keep up with all the hatred on here. 

Going out with a Kardashian so there’s gotta be some element of c**tiness there…

But otherwise I’m not sure. He seems fine, if a little annoying in being a key factor in this new wave of terrible pop punk coming out. 

They're the same kind of booking for me as RHCP would be (albeit RHCP would be headline or nothing probably), ie I don't really listen to them very often, but my teenage self would be hyperventilating. I'd probably go tbh.

7 hours ago, Suprefan said:

No chance in hell they play John Peel. Other headliner for sure cause they would headline Reading/Leeds. Even 3rd down on Pyramid at worst if it includes DeLonge. Green Day would headline by all accounts and Blink wouldnt be that far below them

They’ve started mega sliding down lineups though. They wouldn’t headline R&L now I reckon. More likely to never return.

I'm sure if they are your sort of thing they would be good fun. Glasto seemed to sidestep all those bands at the time on the pyramid. Might have a place on the other stage as a bit of a wildcard booking, doesn't seem likely... But they don't look like they will be doing anything anytime soon anyway.