Pilton Party

JoeyT

6 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

i was always under the impression playing this would get you a slot for the festival the next year 

get a good or better slot , its a favour for a favour - deal!

43 minutes ago, westholtschic said:

Thank you.

where do we buy them please?

Have a look on the main festival site, in the sidebar there’s an abbey extravaganza link. You can look at all the events at the abbey including the extravaganza. Tickets are available on line from that abbey link. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Have a look on the main festival site, in the sidebar there’s an abbey extravaganza link. You can look at all the events at the abbey including the extravaganza. Tickets are available on line from that abbey link. 

That’s not Pilton party though ? At least I can’t see it !! 

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

That’s not Pilton party though ? At least I can’t see it !! 

No, that’s the Abbey Extravaganza with Paloma Faith and the blackdykes brass band plus a few others.   In the grounds of the abbey and if I recollect one nights camping available.  It’s organised by the festival and profits for the abbey.  Michael is always there so this years is bound to be the best ever.

31 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

No, that’s the Abbey Extravaganza with Paloma Faith and the blackdykes brass band plus a few others.   In the grounds of the abbey and if I recollect one nights camping available.  It’s organised by the festival and profits for the abbey.  Michael is always there so this years is bound to be the best ever.

It is indeed. Looking forward to seeing Seasick Steve again. Yes camping is at Ashwell Farm, right under the Tor.

5 hours ago, fred quimby said:

Must admit liking both days. Going to see if finances stretch. Could spend less at Edinburgh fringe

Real shame, although the line up is very good, I just found out that it finishes at 11pm on Saturday and 10pm on Sunday - pointless, I'm usually not even warmed up before about 11pm.

19 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Real shame, although the line up is very good, I just found out that it finishes at 11pm on Saturday and 10pm on Sunday - pointless, I'm usually not even warmed up before about 11pm.

Yea, I hear you. Mind you I don't mind a early finish anymore, Glastonbury a different thing though. Just have to learn to warm up earlier 😉

Went to Jon hopkins a while back with a 6pm start. At home for 9.30 😃

22 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

There'll be after parties in town for sure

10 hours ago, Ommadawn said:

My understanding is that Pilton Party tickets will initially be sold at Worthy Farm (presumably at the festival office they have there). Details after the Extravaganza next weekend. No idea who is playing as yet.

Really? Historically they're sold at the festival office in Glastonbury and any leftover tickets are then sold at the Farm, so the other way around - maybe there's a change around.

1 hour ago, discgoesmic said:

Really? Historically they're sold at the festival office in Glastonbury and any leftover tickets are then sold at the Farm, so the other way around - maybe there's a change around.

yep, and they did that to try and ensure that locals were getting the tickets/ (they've been out on sale at ticket agents in a few recent years when they'd not sold very well, perhaps cos they were late going on sale).

1 hour ago, panasonic2011 said:

Am I right in saying that the Festival shop is no longer there.  Had a trip to Glastonbury and was sure the shop has closed down 

I’ve lived here for a month now and have visited on numerous times over the past 3 years but have never seen a shop in the town.