Pilton Party

JoeyT

With the big one now but a mere fond yet hazy memory attention moves towards the first Friday in September and Pilton Party.

Anyone fancy taking a guess at who we might be seeing / when tickets will be on sale?

I've drawn the short straw and have to do the queuing for my group this year but I go on holiday at the end of July for 10 days so hoping tickets don't go on sale whilst I'm away!

In 2019 tickets went on sale Saturday 3rd August - PP was on Friday 6th September.
In 2018 tickets went on sale Saturday 28th July - PP was on Friday 31st August.

Both 5 weeks (less a day) before the PP.

PP is usually the day before the Pilton Flower show, which is the first Saturday of September - so PP will be Saturday 3rd September this year.

So I'm guessing tickets will go on sale Saturday 30th July - which is 5 weeks before the PP.

1 hour ago, panasonic2011 said:

I presume tickets will be online as the shop at Glastonbury is closed

They can still have tickets sold in person without doing it themselves. An obvious option would be to do it from the local Oxfam shop in return for another donation. Or of they want to mix it up a bit any other charity shop in town.

If I remember It’s designed primarily for locals as a thank you for having the festival in the locality and all the inconvenience it causes. Only if it doesn’t sell out do tickets become available on line.  That’s how we got them the last time, Wolf Alice and Supergrass. It’s a lovely occasion. 

If tickets go on sale on Sat 30th it'll be pretty difficult for me to get them given I'll be in Greece.

What's the max you can get?

I've never actually queued myself so will have to get someone else to get mine.

Still no rumours on who's playing as far as I'm aware. Any guesses?

I'll start with guesses. Happy to be shouted down but...

Paolo Nutini
Kasabian
Hot Chip
Editors
Fred Again...

Gone with acts (Hot Chip aside) that we tentatively thought would be at the festival this year at certain points since 2019 who would get a decent slot at the 2023 festival.

I know Paolo did in fact play this year but given it was "secret" I do think he'll be back in a big slot in 2023.

Also realise Paolo played Pilton Party back in 2010 but given Wolf Alice have also payed twice there is a potential for a repeat.

Edited by JoeyT

If it is like like in previous years tgen Acts are announced before the tickets go on sale. Announcement is usually in August around 8 -15th ish. 4 tickets per person.

If it is the act that was supposed to place the last cancelled one then all your guesses are wrong. However I can not say who just in case it is the same. I will not say yay or nay to any guesses either. My source would not be happy.

37 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

If tickets go on sale on Sat 30th it'll be pretty difficult for me to get them given I'll be in Greece.

What's the max you can get?

I've never actually queued myself so will have to get someone else to get mine.

Still no rumours on who's playing as far as I'm aware. Any guesses?

Off the top of my head i think its usually 6nr tickets per person? Been a few years since ive been or bought some though!

i was thinking Sam Fender could be an option, playing in Pompy the weekend before and then off to the States week after?

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

If it is like like in previous years tgen Acts are announced before the tickets go on sale. Announcement is usually in August around 8 -15th ish. 4 tickets per person.

If it is the act that was supposed to place the last cancelled one then all your guesses are wrong. However I can not say who just in case it is the same. I will not say yay or nay to any guesses either. My source would not be happy.

Reading between the lines there, it will be @pilton digger on the spoons, maybe yourself on the lazer pen