Watching back the Acts on Iplayer or whatever

plaskins

Don't mean this to sound like a best set/worst set sorta thread. But if you were there and thought a set was amazeballs but didn't hit the spot when watching back, likewise what really came across better than you remember?

I'll start, Noel Gallaghe. I'm a massive fan, sung my heart out the whole set. Was in my element. Looked pretty plain on Iplayer. Sunset was orgasmic on film though. Just seemed a bit flat watching back

Blown away. I watched Bicep on west holts, the footage elevates what I remember. Its a piece of art. Good on them! Didnt expect it to come across so well on the recording!

and yous?

Edited by plaskins

I like watching back the sets I was at. Gives a whole new perspective to it meaning I can enjoy it two different ways. Actually being there with all the sights, sounds, smells and atmosphere and then seeing it in a professionally captured way. I often find that as much as I enjoy the tv experience, it just reinforces the pleasure I had experiencing it for real.

• Downvote 1

It's never the same but there have been a few this year that I don't recall sounding bad on the farm but don't sound as good on TV. TV is never as good for capturing the atmosphere although I can see more and don't have sore feet but nothing replicates live music. 

First time I’d seen The Avalanches and absolutely loved their set; totally got lost in the moment. When I watched it back was so happy to see the whole crowd dancing for the whole set….it was wonderful. 

On 7/6/2022 at 1:07 AM, plaskins said:

Don't mean this to sound like a best set/worst set sorta thread. But if you were there and thought a set was amazeballs but didn't hit the spot when watching back, likewise what really came across better than you remember?

I'll start, Noel Gallaghe. I'm a massive fan, sung my heart out the whole set. Was in my element. Looked pretty plain on Iplayer. Sunset was orgasmic on film though. Just seemed a bit flat watching back

Blown away. I watched Bicep on west holts, the footage elevates what I remember. Its a piece of art. Good on them! Didnt expect it to come across so well on the recording!

and yous?

His versions of Wonderwall, Whatever and Half the World Away sounded like school end of year concerts played at twice the bpm. Still, really enjoyed the singalong on the day! And still 100000X better than Oasis in 2004...

Edited by Troop Dogg