Dream headliner trio - 1 return, 1 newbie and 1 ruled out

gfa

34 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Definitely wouldn’t say REM are ruled out in the long term 🤞

Sad to say but they really are.  The way they acted during their career in terms of how they operated, the reasons they gave for calling it a day and what they've said about it since, and just the people that they are....yeah I don't ever reckon that's gonna happen. I'd love to be proved wrong, but you can safely put them in the not returning category.

6 minutes ago, Quark said:

Sad to say but they really are.  The way they acted during their career in terms of how they operated, the reasons they gave for calling it a day and what they've said about it since, and just the people that they are....yeah I don't ever reckon that's gonna happen. I'd love to be proved wrong, but you can safely put them in the not returning category.

I honestly disagree. They left on good terms with each other and before being in REM became unbearable for them. I could totally see them reuniting for one last tour before its too late, maybe even with Berry. They're certainly not 'past it' in terms of age and health(as far as we know). Their disbandment felt far less final than The Stone Roses or Eagles for example...

That said, could just as easily see it not happening. But I wouldn't put them safely in either category.

1 minute ago, maelzoid said:

I honestly disagree. They left on good terms with each other and before being in REM became unbearable for them. I could totally see them reuniting for one last tour before its too late, maybe even with Berry. They're certainly not 'past it' in terms of age and health(as far as we know). Their disbandment felt far less final than The Stone Roses or Eagles for example...

That said, could just as easily see it not happening. But I wouldn't put them safely in either category.

I dunno man, from the interviews I've seen they felt that they'd done everything they could as REM. Think they also recognised that the quality of the output was still good but not where they wanted it to be. They definitely left on good terms, but if anything I think that cements it as no-one left feeling they had unfinished business. And they've never struck me as the sentimental types.

Like I said I'd absolutely love to be proved wrong, they're one of my favourite bands of all time and I only got to see them once. But I'd pin my hat on it never happening.

12 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

War flashbacks to several years ago when some poster on these boards decided to spend months on end stubbornly insisting that Rammstein would be a suitable Pyramid headliner. 

...... cant remember if this was me or not

Would love it, but cant see it in a hundred years. 

Edited by watsonjm

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Sore point with me at the moment RHCP just cancelled Glasgow! 

was also meant to be at that, however I tested positive the day before so it’s actually worked out well for me!