Dream headliner trio - 1 return, 1 newbie and 1 ruled out

gfa

If everyone had to have a returning headliner, new headliner and 1 thats ruled out as will never do it (dead or alive, for whatever reason) who would you pick?

I'd go for Blur, Taylor Swift and The Strokes i reckon.

Just now, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Beyoncé, Taylor Swift and The Beatles is a bit obvious so I’ll say Stevie Wonder, Rihanna and Whitney Houston. 

Rihanna is a good one, might have to swap out taylor actually! both would kill it. gaga too

On the basis of personal preference, then Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band / Lady Gaga / Prince, probably. Iron Maiden over Lady Gaga if you think they're big enough, though the two love each other enough to make the idea of a combined set an oddball thrill.

On the basis of deserved opportunity, then Gorillaz / The 1975 / New Order. (The former deserve a second crack now Damon Albarn has another decade of live experience with them under his belt, and the later are my ruled out pick by dint of size - but have a catalogue to make a worthy stab at Worthy Farm's biggest gig.)

Returning headliner: Blur

New headliner: Pearl Jam 

Will never happen headliner: Beatles

Legend slot: Simon & Garfunkel 

bit of a sausagefest, and im a bit worried about going to the pyramid three nights in a row, but there we go - four artists ive never seen (well, Art Garfunkel at the acoustic, and McCartney this year, but you know what i mean) 

Just now, NorthernSoul52 said:

How big are The Strokes over here? I'm not willing to use the fact they haven't apparently sold Lytham out as a barometer if only because it is Lytham and nobody goes there if they can help it.

sold out APE a few years back with pretty strong support imo at least, raconteurs interpol johnny marr and others. they don't really come over too much to maintain their stock through scarcity to be honest / only accept headline slots