Rock Werchter 2023

BenG92

It's been about 36 hours since RHCP walked off stage at Rock Werchter 2022 and I'm already thinking about the possibilities for next year while I deal with the post-festival blues!

Assuming we're back on track for a normal reveal schedule post-Covid, we should be expecting the first names around November, maybe a little earlier or later.

No better time to get the thread started!

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

It's been about 36 hours since RHCP walked off stage at Rock Werchter 2022 and I'm already thinking about the possibilities for next year while I deal with the post-festival blues!

Assuming we're back on track for a normal reveal schedule post-Covid, we should be expecting the first names around November, maybe a little earlier or later.

No better time to get the thread started!

Can't add reactions anymore to do this, so I'll do it by responding : 🏆

Here are my (very) early picks:

Thursday:   Tame Impala - Arcade Fire + Nine Inch Nails (Barn) - Bonobo (Klub c)

Friday: RATM + SOAD - Charli XCX (Barn) -  Little Simz (Klub C)

Saturday: Kendrick Lamar + Billie Eilish + Foals - Gojira (Barn) - Four Tet (Klub C)

Sunday: Arctic Monkeys + QOTSA  - The Smile (Barn) - Caribou (Klub C)

100% need to get my own hopes down, but please give me a few of those and I'll already be happy.

Edited by polnico

Some previously planned acts, cancelled acts, old favourites, new blood. Slightly alternative Saturday again.

Thursday: Muse / Arcade Fire / Rosalia

Friday: The Strokes / Queens of the Stone Age / Faith No More

Saturday: Kendrick Lamar / The Weeknd / Charli XCX

Sunday: System of a Down / Bring Me The Horizon / Nine Inch Nails

Rage against the machine should have a good chance as they should have played 2021 so are probably contracted for a show at some time in the next couple of years. Subbing them with SOAD for a mosh pit day like no other would be class.

4 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Some previously planned acts, cancelled acts, old favourites, new blood. Slightly alternative Saturday again.

Friday would need someone else, but other than that, beautiful. 

5 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Muse again? Last time was awful. Other than that being it on.

35 minutes ago, misterplow said:

Muse again? Last time was awful. Other than that being it on.

I'm not a huge fan of their newer stuff but they have a new album due soon, think they'll be around at festivals next year including RW. 

Never been to RW and (up to now) this is the only music fest this year with glowing review from the audience side.

Been thinking to go to RW next year but really curious  on how long usually the ticket sold out from the initial sales? And  How far the distance from one stage to the other?Is it difficult to get through the front and middle barricade on the main stage, barn and klub cv? 

Arctic Monkeys / Nine Inch Nails

Kendrick Lamar / Arcade Fire (AF could even play in the dark should Kendrick have a shorter set)

Rage Against the Machine / QOTSA

Taylor Swift / The National (wont change my mind on this)

Boutique : Billie Eilish

31 minutes ago, Bram said:

Never been to RW and (up to now) this is the only music fest this year with glowing review from the audience side.

Been thinking to go to RW next year but really curious  on how long usually the ticket sold out from the initial sales? And  How far the distance from one stage to the other?Is it difficult to get through the front and middle barricade on the main stage, barn and klub cv? 

If you plan on being at the front of the stage for every single show, you can of course forget it, but arrive 10-15 (careful with the biggest tent names though) mins early for a Barn/Klub C act and you usually get a good spot (back is crowded but front is kinda ok). There are no "middle" barricades in the Barn and Klub C btw !

For the main stage, this can get more tricky if you want to enter one the 2 front pits, and for big acts, this usually mean arriving at the gates of the pits as the previous act finishes, which means a bit of waiting. However if watching main stage concerts from further is ok for you, no worry. 

The walk from Barn to main is max 10minutes, a tiny bit less from Klub C. Barn and Klub C are next to each other. The Slope is located 5 min from Klub C and max 10 from Main Stage. 

Edited by polnico

1 hour ago, VCF said:

Arctic Monkeys / Nine Inch Nails

Kendrick Lamar / Arcade Fire (AF could even play in the dark should Kendrick have a shorter set)

Rage Against the Machine / QOTSA

Taylor Swift / The National (wont change my mind on this)

Boutique : Billie Eilish

If Wercher want to keep making hand over fist selling 3.50 euro 250ml beers and 14 euro burgers they'll stay away from the teenage crowd. The day ticket crowd this year on Saturday were noticeably younger (sober) girls and that's just the twenty one pilots affect, Taylor will have that place swamped and Kendrick is only going to bring in drunk teenage lads that BYOB.

Arcade Fire and The National certainly won't be enough to impress the rest of us if they're anything like me. Crowds were so much better at Werchter this year (the Metallica and Covid effect) a lineup like this would see me bored to tears in the Rage crowd I expect like the front of Muse in 2019.

Edited by Aech

23 minutes ago, Aech said:

Add QOTSA to this years Friday and it's no different in size or cost to this years headliners slate I imagine.

I agree! I was mostly referring to the many "IFs" involved for such a lineup to be formed. Will Radiohead get back together and tour (with The Smile being on tour till the end of '22)? Same for Blur. Will The Strokes accept to be the sub? But one can dream...

Edited by Floyd_Ams

1 hour ago, Floyd_Ams said:

I agree! I was mostly referring to the many "IFs" involved for such a lineup to be formed. Will Radiohead get back together and tour (with The Smile being on tour till the end of '22)? Same for Blur. Will The Strokes accept to be the sub? But one can dream...

Sorry yeah for sure Radiohead is mostly a lot of hope, not for me but my two friends who love them. No need for Strokes to sub it'll just be another headline slot like The Killers (even though they finished early) or Twenty One Pilots. My dream is:

Foo Fighters // The Strokes // Liam Gallagher

Guns n Roses // System of a Down // Royal Blood

AC/DC // Slipknot // Bring me the Horizon

Tyler The Creator // Florence + The Machine // Lizzo

Edited by Aech