Faith in humanity restored at Glasto

deschwah

Just as we’d set up camp first thing Wednesday morning, a guy came over and asked if he could borrow my ancient sack trolley to get his gear up to Pennards

As weird as it sounds I had no hesitation in saying yes (he looked fckd and it was red hot) and just made the point that having done 8 Glasto s, that trolley meant a lot to me

Camp mates thought I was stupid and that was the last we’d seen of it, but it came back Thursday morning and much rejoicing was had by all

So Aaron if you’re reading this.. hope you had a great time and all that 

Glastonbury is the best x 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, deschwah said:

Just as we’d set up camp first thing Wednesday morning, a guy came over and asked if he could borrow my ancient sack trolley to get his gear up to Pennards

As weird as it sounds I had no hesitation in saying yes (he looked fckd and it was red hot) and just made the point that having done 8 Glasto s, that trolley meant a lot to me

Camp mates thought I was stupid and that was the last we’d seen of it, but it came back Thursday morning and much rejoicing was had by all

Glad it worked out for you and you got your trusty trolley back.

32 minutes ago, deschwah said:

I had similar with my trusty peg mallet (I know I know but this has done a lot of festivals and traveling with me🤣).  Lent out out to the wider camp, disappeared for ages and then turned up.

On the Thursday we found a purse near Arcadia, which was well stocked for several days of fun from several perspectives. 

It made me realise there could be some benefit to having a pals phone number on a piece of paper, so we could have given it straight back

It happens every year that i come away feeling completely worn out but re-energised about life.

I know it's only a couple o hundred thousand people in a field in Somerset but I just find so many aspects of the messages and life approaches inspiring and inventive around the Science Futures Field etc.

As well as the campaigns from the key charities, there are so many small players trying to drive change initiatives.

And if we all just did cock all and none of us made even small changes to how we consume and how we live then nothing will ever change in the positive. From small acorns grow the large oaks.

I was working on the WaterAid big tap asking people to send one of our postcards to The Prime Minister.  If you completed one then thank you. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

On the Thursday we found a purse near Arcadia, which was well stocked for several days of fun from several perspectives. 

It made me realise there could be some benefit to having a pals phone number on a piece of paper, so we could have given it straight back

Both my phone and my wallet had a note with my mate's phone number and my name and postcode, plus a tenner and an invitation for the finder to buy themselves a beer. Managed not to lose anything as it was all chained to my belt,  but made me feel better about my chances in the event I did.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Quark said:

Both my phone and my wallet had a note with my mate's phone number and my name and postcode, plus a tenner and an invitation for the finder to buy themselves a beer. Managed not to lose anything as it was all chained to my belt,  but made me feel better about my chances in the event I did.

A very good call.

As it was  we had a dilemma about what to do with it. Couldn't give to security, but thankfully we found some stewards who were sympathetic to the delicacy of the situation and said they were on the way to the lock up. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, clarkete said:

A very good call.

As it was  we had a dilemma about what to do with it. Couldn't give to security, but thankfully we found some stewards who were sympathetic to the delicacy of the situation and said they were on the way to the lock up. 

Good egg 🙂

We witnessed someone picking up keys from the ground in a (gig) tent, noticing a phone number on the keys and proceeding to text said number straight away.

Honestly I don't know what else one could do in such a case. If you put yourself in the shoes of the person who lost a phone/keys/wallet for half a second you'd want to help those people out straight away!

Edited by moogster

Since I got back from the festival I found an iPhone while walking the dog. Took a photo of the back of it and put it on a local Facebook group. Thankfully the person who owned it got her mother in law to call it and we arranged to meet to give it back to her. 

2 hours ago, Jakeyboi135 said:

I lost my phone and wallet Wednesday night/Thursday morning. Was handed in to lost property, money untouched. Whoever you were, thank you

Wasn’t me but we did find a phone on the Saturday night and took it to the lock ups near Silver Hayes. Hopefully the owner was reunited. 

• Upvote 1

it's just mad innit, top collection of people.

Wednesday morning I had a little wander from our CV site. Ended up in conversation with numerous random people - I'd only gone for some water and a bit of food. I've never been anywhere where you just openly talk to anyone, and 95% of people you speak with have a smile on their face.

Please may that never change.

6 minutes ago, SighMo said:

If you find an iphone its worth going to the emergency info on the sign in page and if it's been completed it should have a contact number to ring. 

Yep, emergency info and also change your lock screen wallpaper so it has contact details immediately obvious.

5 minutes ago, mufcok said:

it's just mad innit, top collection of people.

Wednesday morning I had a little wander from our CV site. Ended up in conversation with numerous random people - I'd only gone for some water and a bit of food. I've never been anywhere where you just openly talk to anyone, and 95% of people you speak with have a smile on their face.

Please may that never change.

100%. Love some of the chats I have with strangers.

Found a big old bag of coke on the floor in Bicep. Not too sure it got to the right person after asking everyone around us - but the recipient seemed delighted at least!

• Upvote 1

Strange one for us, my son's girlfriend had her passport, phone and wallet stolen from Pennards.

She was understandably gutted.

Reported the theft with lost property and the police.

Next day the passport turned up with empty purse, credit cards in tact but no cash.

On the Tuesday afterwards my son gets a text from the thief, to say he will post the phone to wherever they want.

My son gives the Australian address, and asks why he is doing this?

The thief replies, that he could see from the photos on the phone that they were just youngsters and didn't want to destroy their whole holiday!

A thief with a conscience?!

I guess we had our faith partially restored.

3 minutes ago, BlackZeppelin said:

Strange one for us, my son's girlfriend had her passport, phone and wallet stolen from Pennards.

She was understandably gutted.

Reported the theft with lost property and the police.

Next day the passport turned up with empty purse, credit cards in tact but no cash.

On the Tuesday afterwards my son gets a text from the thief, to say he will post the phone to wherever they want.

My son gives the Australian address, and asks why he is doing this?

The thief replies, that he could see from the photos on the phone that they were just youngsters and didn't want to destroy their whole holiday!

A thief with a conscience?!

I guess we had our faith partially restored.

Seems even the thieves at Glastonbury have a limit. Hope it didn't spoil their experience. 

12 minutes ago, gfa said:

Found a big old bag of coke on the floor in Bicep. Not too sure it got to the right person after asking everyone around us - but the recipient seemed delighted at least!

Was offered some at Acoustic for Heaton & Abbott. The bloke look quite perplexed when I declined, "Never known anyone turn down a line before!".

Not my bag (badum tsh) but was nice to be offered 😄

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Was offered some at Acoustic for Heaton & Abbott. The bloke look quite perplexed when I declined, "Never known anyone turn down a line before!".

Not my bag (badum tsh) but was nice to be offered 😄

Its the thought that counts eh! the one we found must have been at least £100 worth, someone would have been devastated losing it i'm sure.

6 minutes ago, gfa said:

Its the thought that counts eh! the one we found must have been at least £100 worth, someone would have been devastated losing it i'm sure.

Yep, although if I was to partake I'm not sure it would have been to the soundtrack of Rotterdam and Song For Whoever 😂

• Like 1

My 'faith in humanity restored'/'thank a stranger' thanks goes to some VERY kind security and medical staff.

On the thurs my GF and I had moderately 'over partied' and it was around 0130 fri morning and we were struggling to make our way back to our camping. 

A giant of a man asked me "do you need some help?" - I said I did and he said he was off duty security and grabbed a nearby security person and took his walkie/talkie, and called medical folk*. I think we might have been somewhere near-ish pyramid.

He asked where we were going to and I said "bronze gate" - his (and his mates faces dropped a little),but they got water into us and then walked us to ped gate A and then someone else took over and got us to bronze gate. 

I'm glad they did as we'd have no way got back to our camping. 

(*no 'medical' issue - just 'hammered'). 

5 hours ago, gfa said:

You are literally bonkers for giving that away. Floor drugs, especially coke, are to be kept no matter what, and if you are feeling generous shared out with a couple of mates.