Renaming of ther John Peel Stage - article in the Daily Hate

Yoghurt on a Stick

12 hours ago, Alvoram said:

Great 😤 Was anybody not into kids ffs? 😕

Looking back on my teenage years in the late 90's, when I was 14 and 15 it seemed like every girl in our year was with a much older lad / bloke, sometimes into their late 20s with a house, car etc. Never really reflected on how creepy that was at the time, we were too busy moaning about how much of an inconvenience it was. 🙈

Still happens now, it's just moved to legal ages. Still lots of blokes in their 20s hanging out with 17-year old girls. Still gross and predatory. 

14 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

As someone on Reddit said, just rejig the whole area and call it "The Wood". 

Make the woods more of a feature of the area, add a couple of different things in the area alongside the tent and tea cabin. Possibly a later night stage(more along strummerville vibes than iicon)

Superb idea. 

John Peel tent is fucking shit. Location, name, everything needs to be changed. 

35 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Superb idea. 

John Peel tent is fucking shit. Location, name, everything needs to be changed. 

I actually really enjoyed it this year for the first time - but the acts I watched weren't rammed and were in the daytime mainly Holly Humberstone, Beabadoobee and Charli XCX - all of which might get a little lost on a bigger outdoor stage for now 

1 hour ago, Alvoram said:

Wouldn't it be too close to the village and main road for a night spot? I assumed that's why all of the night spots were on the south side of the site? 

Maybe, you'd get a noise consultant in to work out what you can and can't do. Would a silent disco be quiet enough, although they are expensive.