Can you visit the festival site/Worthy Farm during the year?

Cpotey

Hi there,

I'm looking to visit Glastonbury and the surrounding areas near the end of this year, and was wondering if it's possible to still walk around the festival site at all?

I've seen a few previous threads on here saying it's possible (and a tweet from the festival during the start of COVID/2020 telling people to avoid), but nothing particularly recent that gives me any indication. Do you need to ask anyone for permission at all as it's a working farm?

Thanks in advance everyone! 😊

I’d like to do this myself sometime. 

Looking at photos previous visitors have posted I get the impression that the Eavii & other landowners have been reasonably relaxed about people going off-footpath to see the Pyramid & other landmarks around the site.

I guess there’s a strong element of not being a dickhead or getting in the way of farm operations involved. 

During COVID of course they asked people not to visit, but assume it’s more back to normal now.

Would be interested to hear more from previous visitors about how it works too!

On 7/8/2022 at 9:46 AM, jimmillen said:

I’d like to do this myself sometime. 

Looking at photos previous visitors have posted I get the impression that the Eavii & other landowners have been reasonably relaxed about people going off-footpath to see the Pyramid & other landmarks around the site.

I guess there’s a strong element of not being a dickhead or getting in the way of farm operations involved. 

During COVID of course they asked people not to visit, but assume it’s more back to normal now.

Would be interested to hear more from previous visitors about how it works too!

Hi, visited the site multiple times off-festival, park at pilton skate park and walk down. Even bumped into Micheal himself once and had a good chat! Just don’t go now as the fence is still up and also don’t go from April onwards due to the festival build

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/7/2022 at 1:30 PM, Skip997 said:

Yes, there are several public footpaths through the site.

No, there aren't.  The are 2 public footpaths that essentially border the site, a short one that runs East-West just above the farm, and another that runs NE-SE from Gate A to Steanbow dairy unit.  All the festival paths across the 'site' are private and should be respected as such.

• 2 weeks later...

Have found myself in Glastonbury with a day to kill with my eldest who is an A-Level Art Student working on a scrap book with one of the themes being 'Performance' (example painting they did of Arcadia below). Having never been to the site outside the festival it would be a dream to do so and may inspire some art.

I've got, from this and the various threads that I could find, that parking at the skate park and respectfully sticking to the (actual) public footpaths would make it possible to get a glimpse of the recently undressed Pyramid (and possibly other festival related landmarks)?

Any others tips appreciated, including anywhere recommended in Glastonbury town too. 

Arcadia.jpg

On 7/31/2022 at 11:15 AM, parsonjack said:

No, there aren't.  The are 2 public footpaths that essentially border the site, a short one that runs East-West just above the farm, and another that runs NE-SE from Gate A to Steanbow dairy unit.  All the festival paths across the 'site' are private and should be respected as such.

This is really helpful but my tiny brain is trying to comprehend from various maps what is possible (wish I had listened more in Geography). So

Is footpath 1 north of Worthy Lane?

Is footpath 2 between Gate A (approximately where I think it is?) to Steanbow Farm  (which is Steanbow Dairy Unit)?

Is google maps suggestion that I can walk south of these (or on Worthy Lane or Brimley Lane) not accurate as these are private and 'the site'?

Please excuse my complete lack of preparedness for this! Glasto.thumb.png.7bd9373da6c203db811634394acf9541.png

2 hours ago, DJL said:

This is really helpful but my tiny brain is trying to comprehend from various maps what is possible (wish I had listened more in Geography). So

Is footpath 1 north of Worthy Lane?

Is footpath 2 between Gate A (approximately where I think it is?) to Steanbow Farm  (which is Steanbow Dairy Unit)?

Is google maps suggestion that I can walk south of these (or on Worthy Lane or Brimley Lane) not accurate as these are private and 'the site'?

Please excuse my complete lack of preparedness for this! Glasto.thumb.png.7bd9373da6c203db811634394acf9541.png

Hi....footpath 1 runs south alongside the playing field south side of Pylle Lane and joins Worthy Lane just north of the farm where it heads west.  Public right of way ends after about 100m at the barrier across Pylle Lane.  It's actually only about 300m long in total. It's the one on the right of screenshot below. 

Footpath 2 runs from Gate A south along the western edge of Wicket Ground,  then diagonally across Woodsies to the dairy unit (not to be confused with Steanbow Farm on the A361 itself).  A bit longer than footpath 1....shown on left below. 

Neither of these take you near the main 'site' and to be honest are limited in what you can see....although you get a decent view of the Pyramid from footpath 1 at a couple of points. 

Screenshot_20220813-122710.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Hi....footpath 1 runs south alongside the playing field south side of Pylle Lane and joins Worthy Lane just north of the farm where it heads west.  Public right of way ends after about 100m at the barrier across Pylle Lane.  It's actually only about 300m long in total. It's the one on the right of screenshot below. 

Footpath 2 runs from Gate A south along the western edge of Wicket Ground,  then diagonally across Woodsies to the dairy unit (not to be confused with Steanbow Farm on the A361 itself).  A bit longer than footpath 1....shown on left below. 

Neither of these take you near the main 'site' and to be honest are limited in what you can see....although you get a decent view of the Pyramid from footpath 1 at a couple of points. 

Sorry forgot to add....although Google and FootpathMap show the other paths as dashed lines they are not public rights of way unfortunately. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Thanks so much @parsonjack - this is amazing