BST 2023

mike99

Yeah I'd defo say Springsteen, maybe T Swizzle if she's back touring. Then some others I can think of are Robbie Williams (on tour this Autumn/Winter though) and maybe Postie as he was supposed to be there in 2020, and is on tour still in 2023, and yet to announce UK dates

If Swift is back at Glastonbury, she may well have this as her other date.

Williams seems a very solid shout, with a run of arena shows at the back end of this year.

Elton John's decision to open up a Glastonbury-shaped touring hole might turn out to be a cruel joke for him to play back-to-back years.

Feel a little more hesitant about putting money on Springsteen given his previous Hyde Park experience.

If Blur are back around, wouldn't put it past them - but them and Swift both played in 2015, which would veer into repeat booking territory.

22 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

If Blur are back around, wouldn't put it past them - but them and Swift both played in 2015, which would veer into repeat booking territory.

That's easily a long enough gap - 8 years!

44 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Is there actually any info on Blur being back? It is about time for one of their quasi-reunion appearances somewhere.

think you saw it in another thread, but incase not and for everyone else

https://www.nme.com/news/music/dave-rowntree-tells-us-about-debut-solo-single-london-bridge-and-whats-next-for-blur-3262361

On 7/4/2022 at 6:55 PM, jump said:

Springsteen would be my guess. He has Euro dates lined up for next summer but no UK dates so something is holding that up like a possible festival announcement.

he seems to always partner with live nation, would imagine he does a stadium instead

Florence and the Machine did a nominal co-headliner with The National on this last time, didn't they? 

I'd assume APE was more her size these days, but she's probably too big for the former - though it might get them a sell-out at least.

Five years down the line, Roger Waters might be a shout again. Think he has US dates shortly, which means Europe comes either late this year or next spring/summer.

Florence + the Machine have headlined this festival on their last two album campaigns (2016, 2019). As someone who was there on the day I wouldn't call The National a nominal co-headliner...their crowd was significantly smaller, they're a much smaller act in the UK than she is. Kendrick in 2016 was more of a co-headliner tbh

12 hours ago, charlie.light said:

Is this 3 weekend job just a one off for this year? 

would love to see Taylor Swift, Fleetwood Mac, my chemical romance, Justin Bieber. 

I volunteer for a charity at the festival so have a definite non ticket way in 

I think they get a set amount of 60k days (6 i want to say), then a few 45ks so they just spread them out. They usually do a september festival for Radio 6 which isn't on this year i think so that date got moved to the main bunch in July and possibly some other stuff like that.

Someone else will know better 🙂 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

The National have only got bigger as a draw in recent years, I'd say.

They are definitely not BST headline material, mind you.

Let's have a wild swing...

Fri #1: Blur
Sat #1: Justice Bieber
Sun #1: Robbie Williams

Fri #2: My Chemical Romance
Sat #2: Celine Dion
Sun #2: Taylor Swift

I love The National but they are seemingly struggling to sell out APE. Wonder if Kendrick will come back for BST after his UK dates, I assume he's gonna be on the festival circuit next year. Macca maybe in for a shout too if he's not doing any stadiums.

On 7/6/2022 at 11:04 PM, charlie.light said:

Is this 3 weekend job just a one off for this year? 

would love to see Taylor Swift, Fleetwood Mac, my chemical romance, Justin Bieber. 

I volunteer for a charity at the festival so have a definite non ticket way in 

Their licence was amended at the start of this year so that they can now schedule their 9 "major event" days however they want. Whether they do 3 weekends next year is up to them, but it wouldn't be a surprising if they keep all 9 days close together as it must be cheaper to just do one build/break.

The allowed major event days are sub categorised into 7 x 64,999 and 2 x 49,999

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, incident said:

Their licence was amended at the start of this year so that they can now schedule their 9 "major event" days however they want. Whether they do 3 weekends next year is up to them, but it wouldn't be a surprising if they keep all 9 days close together as it must be cheaper to just do one build/break.

The allowed major event days are sub categorised into 7 x 64,999 and 2 x 49,999

Awesome thanks for clarifying 

21 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

I love The National but they are seemingly struggling to sell out APE. Wonder if Kendrick will come back for BST after his UK dates, I assume he's gonna be on the festival circuit next year. Macca maybe in for a shout too if he's not doing any stadiums.

Macca and Kendrick both great shouts, but would BST have two Glastonbury headliners a year later? (Actually, of course they would. Stupid question.)