Jump to content

Thefts/Robberies


august1
 Share

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, CauliflowerEar said:

Lots of people nick tent pegs matey, no matter their age. No one else is finding your jokes about it funny, you are making yourself look silly, and a little desperate, regurgitating your amusement about tent pegs. And pedantically pointing out failure to capitalise and other punctuation errors on an internet forum is similarly scraping the bottom of the barrel. I'm glad you managed to go back and read what I actually wrote though, but yet you still don't have it in your stubborn self to see that you were in the wrong. Run along now. 

Oh mate you’re fucking boring 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, CauliflowerEar said:

Just giving my feedback on thefts that i experienced. I dont really mind admitting i nicked a few tents pegs- who cares? Most of us at the festival are socialists, whats a tent peg or a camping chair between fellow revellers? Lots of it gets left behind on Monday anyway. 

Not even gonna take the bait lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, CauliflowerEar said:

A couple of my mates couldnt be arsed to carry their camp chairs from the car, so went around and nicked a few on the Thursday night when most people were out and about. I also standardly didn't have any tent pegs, as the last time i used this tent it was easier to leave the pegs in the hard ground when i left, so i went around nicking some from people camped nearby- it was funny overhearing them wondering where their tent pegs had gone 😆

Apart from that, i didnt see or hear any incidences of theft. We never have any bother, because we are a large group and anyone thinking about robbing our tents can probably easily tell just by looking at us that if they did, they would get one hell of a kicking. 

Twatty.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Tell that to the lovely person who robbed my phone from my tent as I was sleeping. I had literally everything else in the lockups. When I mentioned it to one of the stewards they said they'd heard multiple reports of tent robberies. It's always the same at glasto every year. What I can't understand is how the festival can get a license with absolutely no security presence in the campsites whatsoever. In Ireland you wouldn't get a license to run the event like that. Tent robberies are rampant at the festival every year but the organisers don't give a toss. I don't expect anything to change next year.

Irish "fests" are a shitshow, pull the other one horse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

I feel a bit mean for being one of those calling him out now.  I'm normally better than this: for example, no matter how bad an April Fool's joke is, I'll steadfastly refuse to call it out because there's always a slim chance that it actually catches out someone else and generates some small amount of fun.

Sorry Jim.  As per our discussions in the past: re-spawn and try again.  I promise to keep my mouth shut next time.

Who is this Jim? I've seen his name mentioned a few times now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Who is this Jim? I've seen his name mentioned a few times now.

Jimbarknoodle who used to be the forum regular troll … The style is very similar , I’d imagine that account has been blocked now 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Someone went on an absolute rampage near us. We camped in the Hawkwell area. 

Sliced open neighbours tent (right next to the zip), Went into their neighbours tent and took a dump inside. Few more tents open but nothing stolen.

Then ended up at my mates tent where his bag had been stolen, but all contents (except some pants and socks) were emptied into his tent with a new unknown rucksack laying there. 

Can't confirm it's the same person but that was ours and security's best guess.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, CauliflowerEar said:

A couple of my mates couldnt be arsed to carry their camp chairs from the car, so went around and nicked a few on the Thursday night when most people were out and about. I also standardly didn't have any tent pegs, as the last time i used this tent it was easier to leave the pegs in the hard ground when i left, so i went around nicking some from people camped nearby- it was funny overhearing them wondering where their tent pegs had gone 😆

Apart from that, i didnt see or hear any incidences of theft. We never have any bother, because we are a large group and anyone thinking about robbing our tents can probably easily tell just by looking at us that if they did, they would get one hell of a kicking. 

That’s not what your mum told us. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Charliehmiller said:

Someone went on an absolute rampage near us. We camped in the Hawkwell area. 

Sliced open neighbours tent (right next to the zip), Went into their neighbours tent and took a dump inside. Few more tents open but nothing stolen.

Then ended up at my mates tent where his bag had been stolen, but all contents (except some pants and socks) were emptied into his tent with a new unknown rucksack laying there. 

Can't confirm it's the same person but that was ours and security's best guess.

That sounds more like a practical joker than a thief 🙈😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Irish "fests" are a shitshow, pull the other one horse.

I've never been robbed at an Irish festival since I started going to festivals in 2009. Every Irish festival has some sort of security presence in the campsites because they don't have a choice, and way more police. There's more cops and security at body and soul than there is at glasto. Which is great until you're the one who needs them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, CauliflowerEar said:

If that was one of my mates, then apologies. Thing is, they only nicked stuff that was left outside of tents, so if people really want to keep hold of stuff, i would advise them to zip it up, not leave it lying around. 

Wouldn't be very socialist of them then though eh, hoarding their possessions in their tents 

Such a low effort troll, back under your bridge ya big hard man

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Madyaker said:

I've never been robbed at an Irish festival since I started going to festivals in 2009. Every Irish festival has some sort of security presence in the campsites because they don't have a choice, and way more police. There's more cops and security at body and soul than there is at glasto. Which is great until you're the one who needs them.

But then I've never been robbed in 37 years of Glastonbury. Clearly the vast majority of us don't get anything nicked and it's certainly far less than it used to happen before the fence. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, clarkete said:

But then I've never been robbed in 37 years of Glastonbury. Clearly the vast majority of us don't get anything nicked and it's certainly far less than it used to happen before the fence. 

It was literally the wild west before the fence so that's not saying much. I know it's anecdotal in my case but we hear stories of tent robberies every year. In 2019 it happened to the group next to us in Rivermead. The festival does nothing about it and they probably should. If you go to literally any other festival you'll see security in the campsites. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

It was literally the wild west before the fence so that's not saying much. I know it's anecdotal in my case but we hear stories of tent robberies every year. In 2019 it happened to the group next to us in Rivermead. The festival does nothing about it and they probably should. If you go to literally any other festival you'll see security in the campsites. 

Aye this year I was in sticklinch and there were security folks in several places - but they have a number of gates there. I've also spent about ten years in CV East so of course the vehicles are secure, but you also have watchtowers and other folks in the fields. 

You did used to see some security folks on patrol when I was in a tent somewhere up near Spring Ground back in the day. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

It was literally the wild west before the fence so that's not saying much. I know it's anecdotal in my case but we hear stories of tent robberies every year. In 2019 it happened to the group next to us in Rivermead. The festival does nothing about it and they probably should. If you go to literally any other festival you'll see security in the campsites. 

I hadn't actually properly noticed,but now you say, yeah there was no one other than the fire tower.

Never been to a festival like that before.  Is it just a "2022 no staff" thing or are there never security in the campsites at Glastonbury? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The stats show there was a tiny amount of - at least reported so far - theft this year.

You were sadly very very unlucky to have your phone nicked.

A widespread increase in police and security isnt warranted.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was camped in a large-ish group in oxlyers and on weds night someone went into one of our tents and took the 2 cccupants' phones and one of their day bags (which had their wallet and more in). Proper shitty as it was their first glasto and mightve out them off coming back! They still made the most of the rest of their time though. 

In 2015 someone came into the tent where me and my friend were sleeping, but we woke up in time to catch him and got the typical "sorry wrong tent" before he asked if we had a lighter - pretty sure he was after some stuff. (also in oxlyers) 

Interestingly, the same night this year that my friends tent was robbed, I was woken by a guy coming into my tent - nothing was taken and he left pretty fast. When I got up shortly after I saw that there was some random persons bag there, with some bits in but nothing valuable - I assumed whoever came in had robbed it and dumped it in my tent, but actually that guy legitimately couldn't find his tent so he was going around searching! He left his bag in mine for safekeeping and ended up sleeping in a different randomers tent! He came back a couple days later and we had a mini reunion, was quite nice tbh. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Madyaker said:

It was literally the wild west before the fence so that's not saying much. I know it's anecdotal in my case but we hear stories of tent robberies every year. In 2019 it happened to the group next to us in Rivermead. The festival does nothing about it and they probably should. If you go to literally any other festival you'll see security in the campsites. 

Trouble is, what else are the security going to start cracking down on? I’ve already read things about people getting there stuff confiscated, which surprised me a lot after never seeing it happen at previous GFs (late 90s/early 00s). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, CauliflowerEar said:

A couple of my mates couldnt be arsed to carry their camp chairs from the car, so went around and nicked a few on the Thursday night when most people were out and about. I also standardly didn't have any tent pegs, as the last time i used this tent it was easier to leave the pegs in the hard ground when i left, so i went around nicking some from people camped nearby- it was funny overhearing them wondering where their tent pegs had gone 😆

Apart from that, i didnt see or hear any incidences of theft. We never have any bother, because we are a large group and anyone thinking about robbing our tents can probably easily tell just by looking at us that if they did, they would get one hell of a kicking. 

Oh Jim you are such a wag. And you always tell us you all sneak in, now you have camping chairs and the such. You are the Boris Johnson of the Forum

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Tell that to the lovely person who robbed my phone from my tent as I was sleeping. I had literally everything else in the lockups. When I mentioned it to one of the stewards they said they'd heard multiple reports of tent robberies. It's always the same at glasto every year. What I can't understand is how the festival can get a license with absolutely no security presence in the campsites whatsoever. In Ireland you wouldn't get a license to run the event like that. Tent robberies are rampant at the festival every year but the organisers don't give a toss. I don't expect anything to change next year.

Ouch shite. Where do you camp?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...