Jump to content

Thefts/Robberies


august1
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, dingbat2 said:

Most punters have wised up to thieves so take lots of precautionsm

Precautionism, might get that on a t shirt 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, CauliflowerEar said:

Its wise to stash it away, but then, if yours gets nicked you can always just go and nick someone else's to make up for it. Part of the circle of things at festivals. 

Disagree. I would tat a chair that had obviously been abandoned at the end of the festival (it's how I got my current one) but not at the start. That's just bad form Sir. Plus aren't they about twenty quid for a half decent one?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Surprisingly, he's still managing to catch a few out, but the giveaway with CauliflowerEar/Jim was always that the antisocial behaviour he casually slips into discussions is clearly contrived. Anyone who actually does steal a tent peg or dump their tent does so without any thought. They don't say to themselves 'this will form the basis for a great anecdote with which to regale my chums on the forum later.'

He wasn't at Glastonbury, and the antisocial lout persona is 100% guaranteed to be covering up an inadequacy.  As already mentioned - the genuine articles don't hang around defending their actions on forums, whereas the disgruntled fantasist losers absolutely do.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MrZigster said:

Disagree. I would tat a chair that had obviously been abandoned at the end of the festival (it's how I got my current one) but not at the start. That's just bad form Sir. Plus aren't they about twenty quid for a half decent one?

It wasnt actually me, but i did benefit from it which was good. People dont miss their chairs if the weather is good, as you can just sit on the floor. No harm done IMO.

  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, CauliflowerEar said:

It wasnt actually me, but i did benefit from it which was good. People dont miss their chairs if the weather is good, as you can just sit on the floor. No harm done IMO.

What if they're elderly/disabled?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, CauliflowerEar said:

A couple of my mates couldnt be arsed to carry their camp chairs from the car, so went around and nicked a few on the Thursday night when most people were out and about. I also standardly didn't have any tent pegs, as the last time i used this tent it was easier to leave the pegs in the hard ground when i left, so i went around nicking some from people camped nearby- it was funny overhearing them wondering where their tent pegs had gone 😆

Apart from that, i didnt see or hear any incidences of theft. We never have any bother, because we are a large group and anyone thinking about robbing our tents can probably easily tell just by looking at us that if they did, they would get one hell of a kicking. 

See... That just make me want to rob you blind 😉 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

Surprisingly, he's still managing to catch a few out, but the giveaway with CauliflowerEar/Jim was always that the antisocial behaviour he casually slips into discussions is clearly contrived. Anyone who actually does steal a tent peg or dump their tent does so without any thought. They don't say to themselves 'this will form the basis for a great anecdote with which to regale my chums on the forum later.'

i see we have a smart alec, but one that doesnt quite understand how an internet forum works. Someone creates a thread about a particular topic and others reply to it with comments related to it. There's no ulterior motive to my relevant contribution to the conversation, if you think otherwise then perhaps you are one with inadequacies to hide. 

  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, CauliflowerEar said:

A couple of my mates couldnt be arsed to carry their camp chairs from the car, so went around and nicked a few on the Thursday night when most people were out and about. I also standardly didn't have any tent pegs, as the last time i used this tent it was easier to leave the pegs in the hard ground when i left, so i went around nicking some from people camped nearby- it was funny overhearing them wondering where their tent pegs had gone 😆

Apart from that, i didnt see or hear any incidences of theft. We never have any bother, because we are a large group and anyone thinking about robbing our tents can probably easily tell just by looking at us that if they did, they would get one hell of a 

So you all presumably got free entry and still couldn't afford a camping chair or pegs? That's sad, kid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Did they have as many police on site as they normally do?

As other's have said, there's probably less temptation to steal. So many people have smart phones that look great, but are entry level prices so not worth the hassle, there's no cash anymore, battery packs are easy to pick up cheap...

Probably why it's such a rush to steal tent pegs and a couple of camping chairs. Imagine the buzz and the stories you'd get doing that!

Not only that but the higher end ones are dangerous to steal... Findmy now works fully even if you turn the phone off and take out the sim... So if somebody stole my phone I'd lead the police straight to them via GPS, and when you get to them you can even force the phone to make a high pitched sound and flash it's bright LED to show exactly who has it... 

Unless you're bringing laptops and jailbreaking them ridiculously quick you risk being banged up for the street value of a stolen jailbroken iphone, (is that even triple digits these days?) It just isn't worth it. 

I never had more than £40 between two of us in cash on me. My cards and the rest of the cash was in the lockup. Our chairs are those ones that fold down tiny so they were in our bags on our person. And my Jackery Solar Generator was kept in the car. The best somebody could have got from our tent was a collapsible bowl, a sheewee piss bottle (inc contents most of the time!) Some sleeping bags, self inflating mats or our clothes. Oh actually we did leave our camping light in the tent whilst we were out, coulda pinched that I suppose. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Lushroom said:

So you all presumably got free entry and still couldn't afford a camping chair or pegs? That's sad, kid.

In terms of the former, you aren't far off the mark. The two that left their camping chairs in the car did so because they had to travel as light as possible in the darkness, with no chance of re-entry. In terms of the latter, im afraid you are very wide of the mark, i earn decent money as do all my mates. I just didnt bother checking the tent before i left knowing full well there would be a healthy supply of tent pegs at the festival anyway.

  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Few tents near ours had some interest from someone, all were found with doors and inner doors wide open.

One (obviously last) had their tobacco stolen but nothing else even though there was more of value (wallet?!) in sight 

Probably down to the lack of Golden Virginia tobacco to be bought anywhere 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, CauliflowerEar said:

In terms of the former, you aren't far off the mark. The two that left their camping chairs in the car did so because they had to travel as light as possible in the darkness, with no chance of re-entry. In terms of the latter, im afraid you are very wide of the mark, i earn decent money as do all my mates. I just didnt bother checking the tent before i left knowing full well there would be a healthy supply of tent pegs at the festival anyway.

I think you just have to get your parent or guardian to prove you're under 12 and they just let you in, no cover of darkness needed. Fantastic story for you to all tell after the summer holidays are over though!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Lushroom said:

I think you just have to get your parent or guardian to prove you're under 12 and they just let you in, no cover of darkness needed. Fantastic story for you to all tell after the summer holidays are over though!

Im 35 mate, but brilliant joke though. Certainly got me chuckling on a Monday evening! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had my fold up table taken from outside the tent in the early hours, asking for it really as I left it out at like 4am and we was next to a path in Park Home, was only cheap like, I don’t class this as a premeditated sinister theft, and more like a pissed up cheeky lazy twat walking by.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, CauliflowerEar said:

In terms of the former, you aren't far off the mark. The two that left their camping chairs in the car did so because they had to travel as light as possible in the darkness, with no chance of re-entry. In terms of the latter, im afraid you are very wide of the mark, i earn decent money as do all my mates. I just didnt bother checking the tent before i left knowing full well there would be a healthy supply of tent pegs at the festival anyway.

Then why would they have packed them in the car in the first place!?! Hahaha. If they rocked up without a ticket and knew there was no re-entry?! WTF are you smoking man.

"All my mates make good money"

"We get our kicks from stealing tent pegs and foldup chairs"

"We look so hard that people look at us and know not to steal our tent pegs and foldup chairs"

Jesus, man. Either you've got your mates round and there's nothing else to do on a Monday night and making daft stories up is the best you can muster, or you really are straight up one of the coolest people on these forums.

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, HyperTechnoHorse said:

Several of my group stole a bunch of my KitKats this year, as they do every year, at every festival.  Of course I'm going to notice if 2/3rds of my KitKats are gone.

You’re doing people a service. Kit Kats left in a tent in this year’s temperatures are just going to be a mushy mess. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...