Thefts/Robberies

august1

Spoke to old bill.. There's going to be less of them next year 

Spoke to the security guys that wander up and down and his boss said.... AFTER TENT THIEF'S HAD HAPPENED...... that it was nothing to do with them and not to worry or bother with.. 

This bloke who I've known for years was disgusted and has put in a complaint but I makes you wonder.. 

He has always been fair and if you pointed out that you were camped there.. With that lot he did look out for you... 

Hey ho I'll not have to worry about this anymore lol 

33 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Not only that but the higher end ones are dangerous to steal... Findmy now works fully even if you turn the phone off and take out the sim... So if somebody stole my phone I'd lead the police straight to them via GPS, and when you get to them you can even force the phone to make a high pitched sound and flash it's bright LED to show exactly who has it... 

Unless you're bringing laptops and jailbreaking them ridiculously quick you risk being banged up for the street value of a stolen jailbroken iphone, (is that even triple digits these days?) It just isn't worth it. 

I never had more than £40 between two of us in cash on me. My cards and the rest of the cash was in the lockup. Our chairs are those ones that fold down tiny so they were in our bags on our person. And my Jackery Solar Generator was kept in the car. The best somebody could have got from our tent was a collapsible bowl, a sheewee piss bottle (inc contents most of the time!) Some sleeping bags, self inflating mats or our clothes. Oh actually we did leave our camping light in the tent whilst we were out, coulda pinched that I suppose. 

Is that for real?! Never heard of that before. That's excellent. Can you imagine walking up to a tent at 3 am in the morning and activating the high pitched sound? Absolute scenes.

As for the lockups, I fully agree. Make use of them as much as possible. Always put my passport in there on day 1. My German bank cards, etc. As for cash, I used to limit myself to 50 quid a day, always withdrawing on the way home from wherever I'd been around 2-4 am. There's no one queuing for cash at that time, so it's a breeze to get and then I put it straight into the bottom of my sleeping bag with my wallet and phone - which I turn off. 

And the rest... what rest... haha. A bottle or two of jagermeister mixed with redbull... They'd end up with next to nothing for a helluva lot of effort.

5 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Then why would they have packed them in the car in the first place!?! Hahaha. If they rocked up without a ticket and knew there was no re-entry?! WTF are you smoking man.

You're so right actually man, everyone should only ever pack stuff they are definitely going to take into the festival. No changing of minds is ever, ever allowed. Righto 😆

No point me commenting on the rest of your silly rant, you sound like one of these obtuse, immature people who sticks their fingers in their ears and goes 'la la la la' when they hear something they don't like or necessarily agree with. Not a good look. 

52 minutes ago, CauliflowerEar said:

i see we have a smart alec, but one that doesnt quite understand how an internet forum works. Someone creates a thread about a particular topic and others reply to it with comments related to it. There's no ulterior motive to my relevant contribution to the conversation, if you think otherwise then perhaps you are one with inadequacies to hide. 

A thought for next year. Try volunteering. Go for one of the main ones - even though you hear people complaining about their shifts doing recycling or manning a gate, the important thing is that there are hundreds of them. Even if you don't find it easy sparking up a conversation with strangers, you're still likely to meet a few people who you get on with. If you made just the one friend, I reckon you'd love Glastonbury. 

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

A good year but no one has cash anymore, theres no point robbing phones and the tickets are expensive. 

Tell that to the lovely person who robbed my phone from my tent as I was sleeping. I had literally everything else in the lockups. When I mentioned it to one of the stewards they said they'd heard multiple reports of tent robberies. It's always the same at glasto every year. What I can't understand is how the festival can get a license with absolutely no security presence in the campsites whatsoever. In Ireland you wouldn't get a license to run the event like that. Tent robberies are rampant at the festival every year but the organisers don't give a toss. I don't expect anything to change next year.

11 minutes ago, CauliflowerEar said:

You're so right actually man, everyone should only ever pack stuff they are definitely going to take into the festival. No changing of minds is ever, ever allowed. Righto 😆

No point me commenting on the rest of your silly rant, you sound like one of these obtuse, immature people who sticks their fingers in their ears and goes 'la la la la' when they hear something they don't like or necessarily agree with. Not a good look. 

If you're going to jump the fence like you implied ("no possible way of re-entry"), then no, you wouldn't take chairs with you would you? Why would you take anything that's heavier than a bag and a small tent on your back.

You're so cool though dude. Stealing tent pegs is right on. Stick it to the man. Bet all your friends enjoy that anecdote. 

35 and stealing tent pegs.

What.

A.

Story.

"And all of my mates and I earn pretty good money".

That's the killer. Well off AND stealing pegs.

Gold.

15 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Is that for real?! Never heard of that before. That's excellent. Can you imagine walking up to a tent at 3 am in the morning and activating the high pitched sound? Absolute scenes.

As for the lockups, I fully agree. Make use of them as much as possible. Always put my passport in there on day 1. My German bank cards, etc. As for cash, I used to limit myself to 50 quid a day, always withdrawing on the way home from wherever I'd been around 2-4 am. There's no one queuing for cash at that time, so it's a breeze to get and then I put it straight into the bottom of my sleeping bag with my wallet and phone - which I turn off. 

And the rest... what rest... haha. A bottle or two of jagermeister mixed with redbull... They'd end up with next to nothing for a helluva lot of effort.

Yep, since Ios 15 (although it only works on Iphone 11, 12 and 13 models.)

https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/how-to-find-your-iphone-even-if-its-turned-off-the-fastest-way-to-do-it/

I particularly like the bit about "Whatever you do, don't confront a thief." Bollox, exactly what else do they expect people to do with a feature like this... Most people are going to gather the boys and go and have some fun!!!!! Obviously, as a mature, law abiding citizen, I'd take a police officer, but most won't. 🙈😂

3 minutes ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

A thought for next year. Try volunteering. Go for one of the main ones - even though you hear people complaining about their shifts doing recycling or manning a gate, the important thing is that there are hundreds of them. Even if you don't find it easy sparking up a conversation with strangers, you're still likely to meet a few people who you get on with. If you made just the one friend, I reckon you'd love Glastonbury. 

No thanks. I have worked festivals before, but find it far too annoying to be expected to go to a lame shift where you just stand around doing sod all for no pay, when i could be getting amongst and having it large. I found many of the people working the festivals, in particular the managers far too straight laced and at worst, plain weird. There may also be a fair chance i am blacklisted from working with some companies, as i have done runners in the past at festivals like The Big Chill and, most recently, Standon Calling. The only time i have ever made an effort to do the shifts was at Boomtown, but even they tried to keep my deposit as i went missing for a few hours when one of my favourite DJ's was playing. Luckily i know people within the Boomtown hierarchy who had words to get it back. I've known people that have worked for CND at Glastonbury in the past that have had very good shifts, a few hours a day, but from what i gather they are heavily oversubscribed. 

3 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Tell that to the lovely person who robbed my phone from my tent as I was sleeping. I had literally everything else in the lockups. When I mentioned it to one of the stewards they said they'd heard multiple reports of tent robberies. It's always the same at glasto every year. What I can't understand is how the festival can get a license with absolutely no security presence in the campsites whatsoever. In Ireland you wouldn't get a license to run the event like that. Tent robberies are rampant at the festival every year but the organisers don't give a toss. I don't expect anything to change next year.

I appreciate this is after the event but getting your shit together in the tent can minimise this.

But what happens when you're shiters etc?

Tip is keep all valuables in your day sack which is most likely what happens anyway, and then use the day sack as your pillow. There is cock all worth taking out of my tent other than the thing my head is on

5 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

If you're going to jump the fence like you implied ("no possible way of re-entry"), then no, you wouldn't take chairs with you would you? Why would you take anything that's heavier than a bag and a small tent on your back.

You're so cool though dude. Stealing tent pegs is right on. Stick it to the man. Bet all your friends enjoy that anecdote. 

What.

A.

Story.

Gold.

You know you really ought to read things properly before going off on rants. I didn't imply i was going to jump the fence, and that's not what i did. I wont apologise for being minted either, its my reward for paying attention at school and learning how to read proficiently, among other things.  

12 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

What.

A.

Story.

Gold.

Why are you taking the bait? Why does someone always take the bait?

• Upvote 1

Just now, CauliflowerEar said:

You know you really ought to read things properly before going off on rants. I didn't imply i was going to jump the fence, and that's not what i did. I wont apologise for being minted either, its my reward for paying attention at school and learning how to read proficiently, among other things.  

Do you know how hard it was to resist the urge to proofread and correct this post for you, given it's content? 🙈😂

20 minutes ago, CauliflowerEar said:

Read AND write proficiently of course, capitalising subjects like 'I', and not writing 'i'. Right, right. Or forgetting to add apostrophes. I'm guessing your hands are not keeping up with your quick quick mind.

Just hilarious. All over the shop. You said "my mates had to leave their chairs in the car because they had to get in with no possible way of reentry". If that's not implying fence hopping, I don't know what is. Maybe you didn't, but then, of course, you're "minted".

Tent pegs. Stealing tent pegs. Nothing says being super cool and "minted" like stealing tent pegs. 

And then boasting about it on an internet forum.

*slow clap*

Nearly 40 and stealing tent pegs 🤣

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

16 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

I guess I find it funny to show them that no one actually cares, by making fun of them and seeing whatever other dumb things they're going to come out with next. I just find it kind of entertaining, to troll a troll. I find it more fun than simply downvoting something.

But you're right. Probably shouldn't bother with it.

11 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

It's better for kiddies like that to be preoccupied on here pretending to "make loads of money and also I'm actually 35" than some of the dark turns other forums might suck them into.

When he's older he'll cringe like hell, but at least he was doing this nonsense on a safe forum where people just laugh at him.

22 minutes ago, CauliflowerEar said:

Jim is pure jokes today, astrolabe next year?

12 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Read AND write proficiently of course, capitalising subjects like 'I', and not writing 'i'. Right, right. Or forgetting to add apostrophes. I'm guessing your hands are not keeping up with your quick quick mind.

Just hilarious. All over the shop. You said "my mates had to leave their chairs in the car because they had to get in with no possible way of reentry". If that's not implying fence hopping, I don't know what is. Maybe you didn't, but then, of course, you're "minted".

Tent pegs. Stealing tent pegs. Nothing says being super cool like stealing tent pegs. 

And then boasting about it on an internet forum.

*slow clap*

Nearly 40 and stealing tent pegs 🤣

Lots of people nick tent pegs matey, no matter their age. No one else is finding your jokes about it funny, you are making yourself look silly, and a little desperate, regurgitating your amusement about tent pegs. And pedantically pointing out failure to capitalise and other punctuation errors on an internet forum is similarly scraping the bottom of the barrel. I'm glad you managed to go back and read what I actually wrote though, but yet you still don't have it in your stubborn self to see that you were in the wrong. Run along now. 

26 minutes ago, CauliflowerEar said:

Lots of people nick tent pegs matey, no matter their age. No one else is finding your jokes about it funny, you are making yourself look silly, and a little desperate, regurgitating your amusement about tent pegs. And pedantically pointing out failure to capitalise and other punctuation errors on an internet forum is similarly scraping the bottom of the barrel. I'm glad you managed to go back and read what I actually wrote though, but yet you still don't have it in your stubborn self to see that you were in the wrong. Run along now. 

Oh, the irony 😉

I feel a bit mean for being one of those calling him out now.  I'm normally better than this: for example, no matter how bad an April Fool's joke is, I'll steadfastly refuse to call it out because there's always a slim chance that it actually catches out someone else and generates some small amount of fun.

Sorry Jim.  As per our discussions in the past: re-spawn and try again.  I promise to keep my mouth shut next time.