What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2023?

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

1 minute ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Are you volunteering or on security detail or something?

I volunteer. I help run an over spill crew camping (camper vans, motorhomes and tents) for the Greenfields. We're sited in the Dragon Field, more or less ideal location for me, right next to Unfairground and Shangri-La.

Best bit is that I don't work during the event, once everyone is in my work is done.

Started looking at dog sitters for next year. This year we just ended up with a youngster who we could trust to keep them alive. She charged £35 a night. Got a quote for a more professional service and they charge £65 a night! Christ I am reconsidering my life options right now. All you have to do with my dogs is feed them and only one of them will walk with a stranger! 

Edited by gigpusher
Typo

6 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Started looking at dog sitters for next year. This year we just ended up with a youngster who we could trust to keep them alive. She charged £35 a night. Got a quote for a more professional service and they charge £65 a night! Christ I am reconsidering my life options right now. All you have to do with my dogs is feed them and only one of them will walk with a stranger! 

I went expensive and professional this year (though cheaper as it's cats) and I have to say it was worth it. No worries about having to apologies for pet related disaster, it's their job, they love animals and have seen it all.
One of my cat has never been so pretty when I came back because I said he enjoyed being brushed so I think he got a daily and lengthy brush.

15 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Once upon a time dogs were allowed at the festival. It was a disaster, with packs roaming around causing trouble.

maybe someone doing off site camping should look into having a pet friendly camping option, with some sheds and fields for the dogs when the owners are onsite. 

57 minutes ago, rgill3 said:

I've just read the resale spreadsheet thread to cover all of my options.

Hopefully doesn't come to that but well done to whoever came up with that idea.

It worked very well 72 out of 73 tickets over the 2 resales and a few volunteers … it takes a bit of organising but for those who miss out … if it’s well organised there is still a very good chance of tickets 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

It worked very well 72 out of 73 tickets over the 2 resales and a few volunteers … it takes a bit of organising but for those who miss out … if it’s well organised there is still a very good chance of tickets 

Saw it about the forum but never actually looked into how it worked. I do remember seeing you got yours through it!

Thinking if I don't get through the first sale I'll ditch my mates and jump on the resale group - quite like the idea of a solo festival and making friends as I go.

1 minute ago, rgill3 said:

Saw it about the forum but never actually looked into how it worked. I do remember seeing you got yours through it!

Thinking if I don't get through the first sale I'll ditch my mates and jump on the resale group - quite like the idea of a solo festival and making friends as I go.

Resalers from last year will be on hand to offer advice to the ticketless on how it all worked I’m sure … there’s 2 main sales first so let’s hope for initial success 

1 hour ago, Skip997 said:

Once upon a time dogs were allowed at the festival. It was a disaster, with packs roaming around causing trouble.

Would never want to bring mine. It's a fairly terrifying environment for most dogs. 

1 hour ago, moogster said:

I went expensive and professional this year (though cheaper as it's cats) and I have to say it was worth it. No worries about having to apologies for pet related disaster, it's their job, they love animals and have seen it all.
One of my cat has never been so pretty when I came back because I said he enjoyed being brushed so I think he got a daily and lengthy brush.

Yep we will most likely still go with it. Just considering jacking in my job and doing the same. It's considerably less stressful and the pay is better. I also will tell them to groom the dogs at that price!!

21 hours ago, Skip997 said:

I volunteer. I help run an over spill crew camping (camper vans, motorhomes and tents) for the Greenfields. We're sited in the Dragon Field, more or less ideal location for me, right next to Unfairground and Shangri-La.

Best bit is that I don't work during the event, once everyone is in my work is done.

Dragon's was where I used to camp b4 it became crew. Twas ace. Sounds like a good arrangement you have there.

Just now, Pinhead said:

Dragon's was where I used to camp b4 it became crew. Twas ace. Sounds like a good arrangement you have there.

If someone offered me a choice of anywhere to park my van for the festival it would be Dragon.

Yea it's a great arrangement.

9 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Is the resale thread basically where everyone swaps reg numbers and details and all help each other, but only each other? Meaning, if I signed up for the resale with eFests, I'd have to ditch my mates who also want to come but aren't on the forum?

20 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Is the resale thread basically where everyone swaps reg numbers and details and all help each other, but only each other? Meaning, if I signed up for the resale with eFests, I'd have to ditch my mates who also want to come but aren't on the forum?

what we did and we had quite a bit of time between sales was that each group needed to have an efest member within it .... so me plus 3 mates .... as its 4tickets in the resale or 2 in the bus .... if people didnt have the numbers we would match them up to increase chances .... so no no need to ditch mates .... once a group is done you help another group .... and over the 2 sales tick off as many as possible 

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

what we did and we had quite a bit of time between sales was that each group needed to have an efest member within it .... so me plus 3 mates .... as its 4tickets in the resale or 2 in the bus .... if people didnt have the numbers we would match them up to increase chances .... so no no need to ditch mates .... once a group is done you help another group .... and over the 2 sales tick off as many as possible 

Sounds pretty tidy. I'd be interested in this!