What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2023?

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

As most of the regular threads are popping up now, I couldn't find this one? Apologies if someone has already created it.

Today, I checked that my registration details were still up to date. They weren't! Make sure yours are still valid. I'm not sure if it's better to pick up at the box office (for international attendees), or just get them sent to a friend/family member...

Also, bought a rowing machine last night so I can start getting fit and healthy. Think the pandemic has lost me some muscle and gained me some gut. Need to sort that out by next year... Some of the step count figures in the other thread give me chills.

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I have got ready by formulating another line-up suggestion to stoke debate varying from genteel to furious, safe in the knowledge I'll be not there when it happens.

But a rowing machine is a tidy bit of kit.

I do enjoy all the line-up suggestions. It keeps my clash-thought processes on my toes.

Rowing machine is mostly because I hate jogging and now I don't have to leave the house to exercise. Chance of not using it after a month is fair 😁

5 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I do enjoy all the line-up suggestions. It keeps my clash-thought processes on my toes.

Rowing machine is mostly because I hate jogging and now I don't have to leave the house to exercise. Chance of not using it after a month is fair 😁

Jogging is a pain. Rowing machines allow you to sit down - exactly my kind of exercise.

Well, if the line-ups keep a-comin'!

Got the confirmation from my wife that she’s back in for 2023 tickets. 

She returned with a migraine and stomach bug combo which meant she was bed ridden for 4 days post festival, swearing she’d “never be going again”.

I didn’t say a word, bided my time and then when she put on iPlayer last night to watch some of the coverage I said…..

”So are you coming next year?”

”Of course” she replied. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Sorry, but what's one of these?

Chrome extension to create abbreviations for stuff like Reg numbers and Postcodes

eg instead of having to type '457654876' as a Reg number in the booking form you can just type 'R1' as an abbreviation and the full number will appear. Saves time and avoids mistakes in the heat of the moment.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/textexpander-for-chrome/mmfhhfjhpadoefoaahomoakamjcfcoil?hl=en

• Upvote 3

Decided that despite my mate saying he will only go if we hire a camper van that I'm going to stick to my original plan and camp. It'll mean he won't go but to be fair he's never been and it would literally be a tick in the box for him to go.

Can't really justify spending so much money, if ticket is around £300 and hire of camper van is going to cost circa £600 each plus with every other expense it'll end up spiralling out of control money wise.....

I missed a parcel that arrived the day after I’d left for the festival…. I’d been waiting 3 months for it … so I’ll either add it to the existing hat or I’ll start from scratch… and build a new one … I’m undecided at present … I want to update the screens 

47 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Got the confirmation from my wife that she’s back in for 2023 tickets. 

She returned with a migraine and stomach bug combo which meant she was bed ridden for 4 days post festival, swearing she’d “never be going again”.

I didn’t say a word, bided my time and then when she put on iPlayer last night to watch some of the coverage I said…..

”So are you coming next year?”

”Of course” she replied. 

Just When I Thought I Was Out They Pull Me Back In GIF - Just When I  Thought I Was Out They Pull Me Back In Michael Corleone - Discover & Share  GIFs

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Chrome extension to create abbreviations for stuff like Reg numbers and Postcodes

eg instead of having to type '457654876' as a Reg number in the booking form you can just type 'R1' as an abbreviation and the full number will appear. Saves time and avoids mistakes in the heat of the moment.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/textexpander-for-chrome/mmfhhfjhpadoefoaahomoakamjcfcoil?hl=en

This is a game changer! My fingers are so nervous typing in those damn numbers.

2 hours ago, sfroml said:

Decided that despite my mate saying he will only go if we hire a camper van that I'm going to stick to my original plan and camp. It'll mean he won't go but to be fair he's never been and it would literally be a tick in the box for him to go.

Can't really justify spending so much money, if ticket is around £300 and hire of camper van is going to cost circa £600 each plus with every other expense it'll end up spiralling out of control money wise.....

I've flirted with the idea of a campervan, but I agree, they just don't see worth it. If it's about the hassle of taking tents etc, have you considered a podpad or one of the preerected scout tents? 2 person tent for £325 isn't so bad.

Obviously, €167 could also be well-spent on just getting pissed.

4 hours ago, balti-pie said:

Thinking about my volunteering options, and whether to try and tap people up now or wait until early next year! 

Given this a thought - but just a thought! Any chance you can point me towards where to look regarding volunteering?