Regrets, I’ve had a few… 2022

blutarsky

On 7/4/2022 at 6:37 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

In retrospect I probably should have gone to see Simz over Eilish.

The latter has not lingered long in the mind.

This is interesting because I went to see Little Simz and didn't think she was all that great! Now I want to caveat that by saying that (a) I'm a massive fan so had high hopes and maybe set the bar too high in my head, and (b) I've seen her before when I thought she's been incredible, but something about that headline slot wasn't gelling for me. Maybe it was too much off the new album and leaving all the big well known songs to the end? Maybe it was where we were standing because I wasn't that impressed with the sound... something didn't quite hit for me though. Such a shame because I was so ready to love it!

1 hour ago, Sundance said:

This is interesting because I went to see Little Simz and didn't think she was all that great! Now I want to caveat that by saying that (a) I'm a massive fan so had high hopes and maybe set the bar too high in my head, and (b) I've seen her before when I thought she's been incredible, but something about that headline slot wasn't gelling for me. Maybe it was too much off the new album and leaving all the big well known songs to the end? Maybe it was where we were standing because I wasn't that impressed with the sound... something didn't quite hit for me though. Such a shame because I was so ready to love it!

I thought she was great, especially the songs with Cleo Sol and I'd seen her previously up the park where she was also great, but up there it was nice that it was slightly more intimate. 

On 7/4/2022 at 9:05 AM, Wooderson said:

Very few regrets this year. Kids are older so no buggy, more mobile.

Missing "Oxide Ghosts" in the Cinema was a slight bummer. Wonder was there there a big turnout for it...

There was a big audience for Oxide Ghosts. I got there 20 minutes early and it wasn't long before the queue almost reached the acoustic tent. You would still have got in but I don't think I've seen so many in the cinema before.

I've seen OG 3 times now. It's essential viewing for Morris fans.

My regrets? I never made it to the Avalon stage. I couldn't summon the energy to trek up to the Park for Cate Le Bon and Caroline Polachek. I forgot to visit the Pier.

Apart from that it was all good. 🙂

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Calvin Klein said:

I regret not making my way through the crowd to the front in many sets, where it doesn't look that bad in the tv coverage. 

I ended up at the front for most of the sets I saw which I’ve never done before, surprisingly easy to get a spot on the barrier. 

My regret is not seeing more bands, I saw all my must see’s but somehow seem to take it a bit easy the rest of the time and didn’t see many of the other bands I’d wanted to catch.   Partly because I was up at 5.30am for my shifts and was fairly tired from Friday onwards, but also I faffed about trekking miles out of my way to go to specific food stalls I’d fallen in love with and silly things like that.  

Also regret not finding the optimum time to queue for NYC Downlow - it’s my favourite place on site and every time I went it was queuing up past the railway track. I wish I’d found the magical time when the queue wasn’t huge.  I ended up not making it in there (other than to litter pick in there Friday morning 😞 ).

Same for Funkingham palace.. was determined to get in there this year but the queue was always massive and I never found the right time.