Regrets, I’ve had a few… 2022

blutarsky

1 hour ago, MrZigster said:

2 EE coverage being shite.

My texts were getting off site fine but messages to someone on site stopped being delivered early Wednesday evening. They finally got some of them Monday afternoon. Probably cost at least two or three meet ups. As I'm on EE I feel royally pissed off about this.

The rest does sound most regrettable

The recipient was definitely on EE too? 

I've seen so many people praising it I'd considered an ee sim if I was lucky enough next time. 

Just now, clarkete said:

The rest does sound most regrettable

The recipient was definitely on EE too? 

I've seen so many people praising it I'd considered an ee sim if I was lucky enough next time. 

I don't know the recipients provider. I do know that their texts were getting through to me. Not the other way 'round though. I'm Pay As You Go rather than contract. Wonder if that has something to do with it. Definitely had credit.

I'm not sure its about which carrier anyway - mobile carriers typically have an agreement to route other carriers traffic in the wider world - not sure if its the case at Glasto with EE and their relay - they may bias the traffic of other carriers I suppose.

I regret watching Eilish over Foals. She was fine, but not really my thing and the Foals set looked awesome on iPlayer. 

Another minor regret was heading to Greenpeace for Tim Burgess rather than Adwaith on the Introducing Stage.  Timmy B was great, but I have seen him a bunch.  The new Adwaith album is excellent.

2 hours ago, CauliflowerEar said:

Why would you regret this? That's what you should be doing at a festival. You only need 1 meal a day in the morning, and just drink and sniff gear the rest of the time. Buying food is a waste of money and most of the time you get served up a plate of shit by some hungover student working for a ticket who doesnt give a damn. As you found out, you can just stuff yourself silly when you get home, for cheaper. Once at a festival, i didnt eat absolutely anything for 4 days, but i was fine. 

Oh good, you're back Jim. 

29 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

I'm not sure its about which carrier anyway - mobile carriers typically have an agreement to route other carriers traffic in the wider world - not sure if its the case at Glasto with EE and their relay - they may bias the traffic of other carriers I suppose.

My Vodafone sim was definitely not connecting to the EE cell - firstly it wouldn't let me manually do so, secondly it only showed 4G (not their extensive 5G coverage) and was poor for all 4 days I was there - yet I've read few such reports on here from pretty much anyone on EE

29 minutes ago, Isaact said:

I and everyone else on EE had perfect 4/5g reception the entire festival.

Coverage on any other network was dogshit though.

Weird yours was the other way around. Were you on 3g?

Using an old Nokia dumb phone. Doubt it.

48 minutes ago, Isaact said:

I doubt their new masts even carry the signal of an old dumb phone, unfortunately. 

Data was great on EE the whole festival though.

So how come everything was fine prior to Wednesday evening and everything afterwards got through except to my mate onsite.

43 minutes ago, Isaact said:

I doubt their new masts even carry the signal of an old dumb phone, unfortunately. 

Data was great on EE the whole festival though.

They still sell dumb phones and I'm not aware of any changes in the way the phone/sms side works in recent years.

There was a time when mobiles phones went from analogue to digital but that was brick phone era.

2 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Carriers CAN make agreements but that doesn't mean there is cross connectivity everywhere. This is obvious from experience eg mobile phone coverage being rubbish at Bearded Theory except for EE (which still struggled for data at times) - that was just EE living up to it's rep as the best for coverage in rural areas, not event masts put in.

41 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Thats because Bearded wanted you to buy their site wide WiFi option at a tenner for the weekend instead 😉

The site there is a real localized dead spot for all the other networks so fair enough to have someone come in and provide that option I guess. I have an unlocked phone and an EE payg sim for when O2 croaks but I still have to pay for that.

Mine probably is going way too hard on the Saturday night an having an 8am extravaganza with some strangers I'd just met, much to the annoyance of my girlfriend. I didn't leave the tent till 1800 on the Sunday which I'm particularly gutted about as I wanted to see so much on the Sunday day. I'm especially gutted about missing Herbie Hancock, and I was annoyed about missing Diana Ross although I hear I didn't miss a huge amount.

We did decide to watch Bicep instead of Kendrick though, which was definitely the right choice.

13 hours ago, Isaact said:

I and everyone else on EE had perfect 4/5g reception the entire festival.

Coverage on any other network was dogshit though.

Weird yours was the other way around. Were you on 3g?

My signal was spot on and I'm on O2, it has been rubbish all previous years but much better this year. Up at worthy view the signal was non existent though.

Just finished watching the Pet Shop Boys.  I should have gone to them....   Didn't even watch anything else at that point.  I finished my afternoon volunteer shift, was tired and went back to the tent to make a coffee and get a jumper.  Went back out to watch the Dualers, who I enjoyed, but obviously not on the same scale. Pet Shop Boys look and sound magnificent on the iPlayer.

• Upvote 1

On 7/4/2022 at 12:27 PM, Mr Cake said:

My only regret was my outfit for saturday.  I went for something resembling Kenny Powers from Eastbound and Down - Full America Stars and Stripes head to toe.  As we got to the bar for our first drink prior to Brass Against on West Holts my wife turns to me and said have you seen the news about America and Abortion Law (id not checked my phone since the Tuesday). Started to feel really uncomfortable.  Next headed to Skunk Anansie and it really hit home how bad id got it wrong.  My skin was crawling, left the set went to the first market stall i came across and bought a whole new outfit. 

This reminded me of something similar that happened to me. Back in the 80s my friend handed me down a very expensive sheepskin jacket which was so warm and looked great. I wore it without hesitation when our group were going to a day music festival in Digbeth.

It was about half an hour after we got there that I realised it was a vegetarian event. I spent the entire day torn between feeling a twat, and feeling freezing.

Hope this makes you feel better!

• Like 1