The 1975

NorthernSoul52

15 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

44 minutes supposedly. Sounds like they’ve learnt their lesson from NOACF and hired an editor. 

But is it all Jack the Lad from Bleachers? Mixed thoughts there - though Chinatown with Springsteen off the last Bleachers record was a stone-cold banger.

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

But is it all Jack the Lad from Bleachers? Mixed thoughts there - though Chinatown with Springsteen off the last Bleachers record was a stone-cold banger.

Unclear how involved he’ll be beyond this first song, but yes his track record is certainly.. mixed. Hopefully he was in a Cruel Summer or Brave mood rather than a Look What You Made Me Do mood. 

1 hour ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Unclear how involved he’ll be beyond this first song, but yes his track record is certainly.. mixed. Hopefully he was in a Cruel Summer or Brave mood rather than a Look What You Made Me Do mood. 

There's some gold in there. And there's some... lead. 

3 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Feels like a stretch. Would certainly need a strong undercard. 

They had Finsbury booked in before Covid got in the way. Imagine they’ll honour that before anything else. 

Heard Finsbury was about eighty-five to ninety percent shifted when they canned it. What that figure is remains another matter, or indeed if it is accurate. 

1 minute ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Heard Finsbury was about eighty-five to ninety percent shifted when they canned it. What that figure is remains another matter, or indeed if it is accurate. 

Yeah, everyone knew it wasn't gonna happen too before they scrapped out. 6 or 7 of my mates all planned to go but held off buying cos it wasn't realistic

4 minutes ago, NoBuses said:

Yeah, everyone knew it wasn't gonna happen too before they scrapped out. 6 or 7 of my mates all planned to go but held off buying cos it wasn't realistic

Because it wasn't realistic it wouldn't go ahead? I mean, you'd still have got a refund, wouldn't you? 

3 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Because it wasn't realistic it wouldn't go ahead? I mean, you'd still have got a refund, wouldn't you? 

Yeah but me and my mates held off because we cba to wait for a refund - deffo would've gone in a non covid year. Just saying why it didn't sell out as quick as it usually would have

1 hour ago, NoBuses said:

Yeah but me and my mates held off because we cba to wait for a refund - deffo would've gone in a non covid year. Just saying why it didn't sell out as quick as it usually would have

Ah, I get you. My apologies. Brain's been fried from being stuck on a train all day.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Theyre playing of mix of arenas and mid size venues in the u.s at the end of the year. Lets see how they sell.

Feel they have dropped off more there than here, and I say that as a staunch defender.

28 minutes ago, NoBuses said:

banger

Back from my holiday merely to concur and say this slaps.

14 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Feel they have dropped off more there than here, and I say that as a staunch defender.

Back from my holiday merely to concur and say this slaps.

The 2020 tour was going to be all arenas with Phoebe Bridgers as support here. So now lets see if people wanna see them or not. And of course cost will factor. I mean them not getting a headline spot in Mexico was indicative of them not going to the next level in north america now.

1 minute ago, GeezLouise said:

Looking like the 1975 are gonna pick up the Rage against the machine slack at Reading & Leeds this year. what do you think this does for their chances of headlining glasto next year? 

Increases it a little, since they won't be pinned down as exclusive at R&L next year - but it's still a long shot I think. Would love to see it.

Just now, GeezLouise said:

Looking like the 1975 are gonna pick up the Rage against the machine slack at Reading & Leeds this year. what do you think this does for their chances of headlining glasto next year? 

Not bothered about them at all, but the R&L threads on this forum are very funny, loads losing their shit and trying to get refunds just because RATM have pulled out.

I mean really, do people actually go to a festival just because of one act.

13 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Not bothered about them at all, but the R&L threads on this forum are very funny, loads losing their shit and trying to get refunds just because RATM have pulled out.

Lot of day ticketers for Rage cos they're an in-demand reunion doing a 1-off exclusive show for R&L. Doesn't mean people will get refunded, mind.

2 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

In this case yes. Shit loads of people were going for the day because of Rage and as the rest of the acts on the line up that day have very little cross over there’s now nothing at all to appeal to them. Pale Waves are the only other guitar band on the main stage that day. It’s like if Elton John was headlining Download so a load of Reg fans booked day tixs only for him to pull out and then get replaced with Slipknot, those ticket holders have nothing for them now.

They just need to wait for the replacement to be announced and then try to resale their tixs.

• Upvote 1