Sticklinch vs Worthy View?

CJB

11 hours ago, Alvoram said:

That may have been me, sorry... I pretty much only used them for my morning and evening poo... The urinals on site and in the festival were great for everything else... Had a couple of absolute belters a couple of mornings due to the drinking / food... Feel sorry for the person that followed me. Although I always left them 'clean' unlike some people, and tried to hold the door open for a while whilst using the sanitiser to air it out... Ultimately I guess, $#!t just stinks... 

Ha! I doubt you were alone. They did have a damn good flush on them to be fair. I preferred the open air composts myself!

4 hours ago, ShakeyCrash said:

No checks or queues for Worthy View this year.  

Also echo the toilets being very impressive this year. Bit busy during peak times but clean, no smell and just worked.

The big thing for me is arrival and departure. Rocked up at 11.15 am on Wednesday and left at 10:30 am and no traffic to speak of.  Was SL the same?

No searches at all on either gate. No queues either. Could do with slightly better signposting on the main road but fewer country lanes than WV 

12 hours ago, Alvoram said:

That may have been me, sorry... I pretty much only used them for my morning and evening poo... The urinals on site and in the festival were great for everything else... Had a couple of absolute belters a couple of mornings due to the drinking / food... Feel sorry for the person that followed me. Although I always left them 'clean' unlike some people, and tried to hold the door open for a while whilst using the sanitiser to air it out... Ultimately I guess, $#!t just stinks... 

That's the downside of there almost always being a queue, there's always someone going straight in. 

On one of my morning visits it didn't look as clean as when I arrived, but thankfully I had a litre of wee that I could pour into the loo on the bits that the flush didn't reach 😊

On 7/3/2022 at 2:33 PM, Wherethewildthingsare said:

I don’t know if relevant to you but I wouldn’t choose sticklinch if you coming by coach or being dropped off. There was no shuttle bus and I bet the walk was super tedious from gate A. 

It was quite hard. I think the heat made it worse, as the walk back on Monday morning didn't feel nearly as bad. Walking in and out of the festival wasn't too bad once we figured out the best route. 15 mins to Other, tops.

Lack of a shuttle bus on arrival put an end to it for me. For that kind of money and walk I'll try for campervan, and a rental next year.

• 4 months later...

Stayed in both and loved both. Apart from those with mobility issues IMHO the WV hill is really not that bad and it's over pretty quickly. Sticklinch had it's first year last year and was great- but perhaps less atmosphere as there wasn't a communal fire or any sitting area other than outside the various trader stalls. The walk to Sticklinch is further for sure but yes it's easier. They seemed to have a lot of empty tents this first year- not sure why. I hope they try to make themselves better known if it was a take-up problem. They can only improve on an already good start. Oh.. one irritation is the one way driving route. We specifically planned to come from the South to avoid most of the festival traffic. We were within a few metres of the entrance but they insisted we went all the way around to get in.

Edited by Boris