Jump to content

Sticklinch vs Worthy View?


CJB
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hey guys, would just like to gather some opinions from anyone who has stayed in both Worthy View and sticklinch and if they preferred one over the other etc? I’ve stayed in worthy view both times I’ve been to Glastonbury and I can’t fault it apart from the hill. I don’t think it’s QUITE as bad as people make out but it does make popping back to your tent throughout the day for whatever reason a bit of a trek. I know Sticklinch is still really new (think this was the first year of it????) but was wondering if anyone had stayed in both and which they preferred and for what reasons?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CJB said:

Hey guys, would just like to gather some opinions from anyone who has stayed in both Worthy View and sticklinch and if they preferred one over the other etc? I’ve stayed in worthy view both times I’ve been to Glastonbury and I can’t fault it apart from the hill. I don’t think it’s QUITE as bad as people make out but it does make popping back to your tent throughout the day for whatever reason a bit of a trek. I know Sticklinch is still really new (think this was the first year of it????) but was wondering if anyone had stayed in both and which they preferred and for what reasons?

Have stayed in WV many times and Sticklinch this year. I see the infamous steps have gone from WV this year but it’s still a big ass hill! On balance for me I Would go with sticklinch again. Both are a long walk and WV leads you nicely through the greenfields rather than a boring walk through tents but the lack of hill wins it for me. The other/railway line was only 15 min away walk. Real shame there’s no bottom entrance to the Park. Sticklinch is smaller and the queue for the showers seemed much much less. Not impressed with the new loos and the scarce squirty taps but they were probably the same in both. Compost loos made up for it (a bit). Very lucky having both car and bell tent near the entrances. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

Have stayed in WV many times and Sticklinch this year. I see the infamous steps have gone from WV this year but it’s still a big ass hill! On balance for me I Would go with sticklinch again. Both are a long walk and WV leads you nicely through the greenfields rather than a boring walk through tents but the lack of hill wins it for me. The other/railway line was only 15 min away walk. Real shame there’s no bottom entrance to the Park. Sticklinch is smaller and the queue for the showers seemed much much less. Not impressed with the new loos and the scarce squirty taps but they were probably the same in both. Compost loos made up for it (a bit). Very lucky having both car and bell tent near the entrances. 

Yeah they’ve made a new path and it was ridiculously steep especially when going down and turning corners, not sure how it passed safety checks tbh!! I saw a few people lose their footing quite a few times. Thanks a lot for your input, think I might try Sticklinch next time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CJB said:

Yeah they’ve made a new path and it was ridiculously steep especially when going down and turning corners, not sure how it passed safety checks tbh!! I saw a few people lose their footing quite a few times. Thanks a lot for your input, think I might try Sticklinch next time. 

I don’t know if relevant to you but I wouldn’t choose sticklinch if you coming by coach or being dropped off. There was no shuttle bus and I bet the walk was super tedious from gate A. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've stayed in both WC and Sticklinch and wrote some thoughts in another thread.

I stayed in a 2 person Scout Tent with my friend in Sticklinch after having done 2 years in Worthy View. I really liked the whole experience, the campsite I found to be really quiet with no trouble and really close to the car park. The toilets seemed ok although there were always queues for the sit-down loss. The tent itself was larger than I thought it would be with plenty of room for me and my friend.

There isn't as much there in WV traders-wise but I supposed there's time for a few more traders to pop up in SL.

The walk compared to WV is longer but easier as you don't have to do a hill like you do for WV.

There was talk of people jumping the smaller fence at SL so they'll need to address that issue in the future.

Personally I would chose SL over WV but that's mainly due to the walk back.

Edited by Ozanne
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Big puzzle for me. The WV hill isn't much trouble but i am not really into the scout tent. Then the fact that of they keep on having internationals picking up their tickets at Gate A: at leat WV has a shuttle if you are patient... For the price i could buy a fancy Fresh and Black, but arriving late carries the risk of a very long walk to a campsite, probably very close to SL. So Scout at WV, pad or belle at SL or trolley and FB tent?

I'm  curious to see what's on offer next year, crossing fingers we get tickets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Having stayed in WV the last few times we went with SL this time. Getting dropped off by coach we walked round to PGD. Walk from there was around 20mins. I don’t mind the walk back to WV. The walk back to SL ain’t to bad either, seems longer though. Can’t remember if WV had a bar but SL didn’t. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

Have stayed in WV many times and Sticklinch this year. I see the infamous steps have gone from WV this year but it’s still a big ass hill! On balance for me I Would go with sticklinch again. Both are a long walk and WV leads you nicely through the greenfields rather than a boring walk through tents but the lack of hill wins it for me. The other/railway line was only 15 min away walk. Real shame there’s no bottom entrance to the Park. Sticklinch is smaller and the queue for the showers seemed much much less. Not impressed with the new loos and the scarce squirty taps but they were probably the same in both. Compost loos made up for it (a bit). Very lucky having both car and bell tent near the entrances. 

I thought they were the nicest loos I've used at the festival and this was my 29th time. 

Always clean, always loo paper and always sanitiser - although they were best when the good attendants were there managing the queue. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I thought they were the nicest loos I've used at the festival and this was my 29th time. 

Always clean, always loo paper and always sanitiser - although they were best when the good attendants were there managing the queue. 

And they smelled incredible. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

I thought they were the nicest loos I've used at the festival and this was my 29th time. 

Always clean, always loo paper and always sanitiser - although they were best when the good attendants were there managing the queue. 

 

1 hour ago, philipsteak said:

And they smelled incredible. 

I must have been really unlucky who I went in after then! I thought they really smelled awful in a tiny confined space. Happy with the composts and the breeze!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

 

I must have been really unlucky who I went in after then! I thought they really smelled awful in a tiny confined space. Happy with the composts and the breeze!

That may have been me, sorry... I pretty much only used them for my morning and evening poo... The urinals on site and in the festival were great for everything else... Had a couple of absolute belters a couple of mornings due to the drinking / food... Feel sorry for the person that followed me. Although I always left them 'clean' unlike some people, and tried to hold the door open for a while whilst using the sanitiser to air it out... Ultimately I guess, $#!t just stinks... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Alvoram said:

That may have been me, sorry... I pretty much only used them for my morning and evening poo... The urinals on site and in the festival were great for everything else... Had a couple of absolute belters a couple of mornings due to the drinking / food... Feel sorry for the person that followed me. Although I always left them 'clean' unlike some people, and tried to hold the door open for a while whilst using the sanitiser to air it out... Ultimately I guess, $#!t just stinks... 

Don't apologize. We all do it, we all stink. As long as it's clean people shouldn't complain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We've stayed in both and we'd be looking to return to Sticklinch. The walk  is the deal breaker, it's no bother at all. Also being right next to Rigs Field you feel more a part of the festival too.

The toilets were fine, they were clean and stocked throughout the full six days and maintained for large parts of the day by stewards who made sure any queue was not going to last too long. 

WV is fine though and if you have a scout tent nearer Pennrd Gate you have a fairly short walk to the heart of the festival, so each to their own really, but we are now Sticklinch campers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On question about WV this year. Were there any queues to get onto the site itself? Any security checks or bag searches? That was a right pain in previous years, especially annoying in 2019.

But for Sticklinch there was nothing of the sort. You just showed your wirstbands and walked in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No checks or queues for Worthy View this year.  
 

Also echo the toilets being very impressive this year. Bit busy during peak times but clean, no smell and just worked.

The big thing for me is arrival and departure. Rocked up at 11.15 am on Wednesday and left at 10:30 am and no traffic to speak of.  Was SL the same?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The bag check for WV this year was pretty much non-existent. We walked in Wednesday around 2pm without any queue. Car to tent in 15 minutes including getting wristbands etc. 

We all commented on how easy it was this time and how the checks had all but disappeared. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I actually made it to Strummer Ville this year, only to fond out that Worthy View is up and past that, it took me all my effort just to get half way.

 

there is no way I could stay at worthy view and do that walk every night.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, ShakeyCrash said:

No checks or queues for Worthy View this year.  
 

Also echo the toilets being very impressive this year. Bit busy during peak times but clean, no smell and just worked.

The big thing for me is arrival and departure. Rocked up at 11.15 am on Wednesday and left at 10:30 am and no traffic to speak of.  Was SL the same?

Yep, same on traffic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

I actually made it to Strummer Ville this year, only to fond out that Worthy View is up and past that, it took me all my effort just to get half way.

 

there is no way I could stay at worthy view and do that walk every night.

In many ways, the Strummerville part is actually worse because you forget about it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

I actually made it to Strummer Ville this year, only to fond out that Worthy View is up and past that, it took me all my effort just to get half way.

 

there is no way I could stay at worthy view and do that walk every night.

We went to Strummerville on our way back to camp from the SEC on the Saturday night this year....was tiring!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, briddj said:

On question about WV this year. Were there any queues to get onto the site itself? Any security checks or bag searches? That was a right pain in previous years, especially annoying in 2019.

But for Sticklinch there was nothing of the sort. You just showed your wirstbands and walked in.

Arrived Wednesday evening around 6pm and no queues at all, and no searches. Did leave and re enter the festival several times and didn’t get searched once

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Hotchilidog said:

WV is fine though and if you have a scout tent nearer Penanrd Gate you have a fairly short walk to the heart of the festival, so each to their own really, but we are now Sticklinch campers.

That's what we had this year. Five rows up from the start, so very little walking (apart from the hill)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...